Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Not Enough Memory?

Ba'alzamon's Avatar Domesticus

Icon4 Not Enough Memory?

When I use Winrar to unpack DMUC (5.0) it I get a pop up that says not enough memory but on a clean install of E:Tw I have at least 50G left on the hard drive? Can anyone help? No one answered my help in teh technical support.

Default Re: Not Enough Memory?

search in rar options and take a look in where partition is allocated the temp file,then look if that partition has the minimun free required

Give me a blow by blow on what you mean please.

Syntax's Avatar "Veni Vidi Vici"

If you unzip (or RAR) a file - during the initial opening the file will be located at a temporary folder until its fully done - have a look where is that place - there is too less space for this unzip!!! You have to change the path for this to bigger storage capacity! This is to find under the specific settings of WinRAR!

It's under Options - Settings - Path!!!! - make a new path to a bigger volume.
    Last edited by Syntax; January 20, 2010 at 12:51 AM.

wow your a life save thanks a lot in 19 post I'll give you some tasty rep..

No problem, hope you could finally enjoy the great Mod!
    Nice day for you....

Still doesn't work at all I even have it routed to the D drive instead..Is it possible to just delete all my temporary internet files in the folder to gain more space? I am aware of the loss of webpage info and password remembering technology but idc. I thought I fudged up the winrar so I uninstalled then reinstalled but of course it still doesn't work..I deleted some files in the Temp Internet folder but that didnt seem to move any space around. Oh and btw they weren't anything but old mod downloads at least 15 of them. Someon please help 160 units per line infantry just doesn't feel right
    Last edited by Ba'alzamon; January 20, 2010 at 04:01 PM.

Try deleting old installation mods;or try to change the destination path of the real file to have differents paths,ej:
    Temporary file to D:
    Real file to E:

Nope that still doesnt work where are these so called installation file? Are they in the Temp folder itself?

look:

Nope changed both paths so their was a D: and a C: file installation and it still didnt work. Thanks for trying by the way.

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Artifex

try using 7-Zip, also how much ram do you have?

2g

Comandante's Avatar Libertus

iono but this may work. if you're using winrar, put the dmuc archieve into the biggest drive and perhaps create a new folder for it. then right click the archive and select extract files here. give it a shot, this is how i usually unpack my archives.

@Comandante
    I just tried no luck I really need help lol I went into the temp folder made some room and still no luck. This is the first time this has ever happened and its very discouraging because it's probably the 1st thing I've run into I haven't been able to fix. Any help would be graciously needed. Thank You
    Last edited by Ba'alzamon; January 20, 2010 at 08:23 PM.

Like hip63 said - try 7zip! - if it still doesn't work then there is something with your download or you have no administration rights on the PC, or your disc is write protected (by accident)? You know for us it's kinda hard to say - as we don't have your PC in front of us. So this are just some maybe issues.....

Okay I downloaded 7zip but I don't know how to use it. I went with the smart thing and downloaded the DMUC files to my desktop so they're always there from now on. But how do I use 7zip instead of winrar because it says that the program to read the file is not installed because I uninstalled winrar. Do I need both to work?

You need to make 7zip as the default program to zip (as now it is WinRAR, but anyway why should it not run with WinRAR - I like it much more - but that's a personal taste)- right click on the now winRar folder - open with - and probably you have to browse to specify the 7Zip.exe - done! If it still not work????????!!!!!!!!!! What windows system you have installed 32 bit or 64 bit? - there are different programs to use remember that!

WTF is happen with your computer - seems to have a lot of mess on it (I think it's your Ponies they occupy to much RAM? - joke) Like already stated - download "Advanced System Care" - run it, - in this program also go under utilities - and there are more programs - like game booster, registry fix, defrag, smart ram.... - run them all - to bring your PC in top form!!!!
    Last edited by Syntax; January 23, 2010 at 03:24 AM.

Will give it a go. I just downloaded the free version and I suspect at the end it will say. "To fix all problems purchase here!"

Quote Originally Posted by My Little Pony View Post
    Will give it a go. I just downloaded the free version and I suspect at the end it will say. "To fix all problems purchase here!"

No need to purchase - of course some can purchase the higher version - no need this! The free version can only not do a deep scan - this don't need at all! - go with it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast