Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Installation Help (now with a MUCH! needed update)

Default Re: Installation Help and the Full version in one download!!!

Alright Im looking to clear up some confusion and didn't know where to post this. Hopefully Isilendel will see this and reply.

I notice the 1.02 patch Shredder posted is 224.6 MB while the old one I have is 220 MB.

Is the 224.6 MB one Shredder posted the same as the old 220 MB one+hotfix that Hick posted a while back that no longer exist on this forum?

Can I install the old 1.01 setup, sound, and translation then the new 224.6 version of 1.02 ( which I assume includes hicks old hotfix and possibly more ) then 1.02 translation, then 1.03 patch and hotfix and translation.

Would that be ok^^. or do I absoulutely need the 1.02 7z files Isilendel posted then 1.02 patch shredder posted and so on.

Currently I have installed...1.01 setup+sound+1.01 translation, 1.02 patch ( old 220 MB version ) +hick's hotfix+1.02 translation, 1.03 patch+1.03 hotfix+1.03 translation.

All is well except Im having a problem with chaos wizards causing CTD that no one else seems to have.

and Im trying to avoid having to dowload the full complete 1.02 7z files Isilendel posted if possible.
    "One more question about troll and i became troll myself." - Timorfeys

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Try using either:

a) The 1.02 exe here

b) Download the torrent in the first post.

Honestly, I have no idea why your Sorcerors aren't working. They work perfectly fine in my game.

Citizen

Sorry for the double post, but I am about to upload a new torrent. It will be zipped, but unlike the other one, it will be hosted on gameupdates.org, it will have a lot more content than the current one, and I won't mess with the .7z file like I so stupididly done last time.

Unless I'm getting it wrong no one is seeding the 1.031 (3.3gb) version so the download can't start. Any ideas?

No one is

sigh, as much as i like the whole mod in one file thing, its really annoying that they just dont work. downloading bits and pieces wouldn't be so much of an hassle if the place where it is uploaded to has a higher speed limit and higher download limit.

Citizen

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. I am uploading a new link now.

Hey mate,

New file downloads fine, as did the old one. The problem seems to be that there are no 'seeders'. The old 2.4GB file downloaded fine because it was seeding but this new one (on both the old and new link) just don't seem to be 'seeding' or have 'seeders'. Can anyone get the process started? There always seems to be 5+ peers but no one is seeding the file to get it started. Can you host the 'seeding' process?

BTW - you're do a fantastic job, so not having a go, just letting you know its not working!

i kind of wish someone just reupload all the necessary files on something like megauploads.

Citizen

Once again, Megaupload requires you to be a premium member to download files over 1 gb. I am trying as hard as I can to find a way to get this uploaded in a way that makes installation easier. I'm sorry about the trouble everyone is having. I'm new to torrents and I don't know how to use trackers, Web seeds or all of that other stuff. If I am forced to, I might have to split the files up into 2 or more parts, but that would be just like the installation I'm trying to go against.

If someone would be kind enough to send me a pm describing (in detail) on how to use trackers and/or Web Seeders, I would greatly appreciate that.

Again, I am VERY sorry for all of the trouble I am causing you guys.

Citizen

I am currently reuploading the torrent. It is a fresh archive (I tested it myself and it works) and I am uploading it to the site that Shadrach uploaded his mirror to. I hopefully got the seeds to work, but I don't know. I'm trying as hard as I can to get this to work for you guys. Please forgive me for my stupidity when it comes to these torrents. Again, I'm new to them.

Well i don't have a problem with parts just that the files hosted on the current sites dont work so well for me. As long as it works out in the end, its good.

ah damn. It didn't work.....Maybe it has something to do with the new patch?

is there like a log somewhere that i can find and post...cause this is getting ridiculous.

Citizen

I don't see why it wouldn't work It's the exact folder I am using. Are you using the .bat file inside the teutonic folder? Also, try using 7-zip or Winrar to extract the files.

Shadrach's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by RyuNoKami View Post
    ah damn. It didn't work.....Maybe it has something to do with the new patch?

is there like a log somewhere that i can find and post...cause this is getting ridiculous.
    RyoNoKami - please post your issue under "Bug Reports & Technical Help" - you had the same problem with my torrents as well yes? So its not a problem of the download method but on your PC.

You can see the log system.log.txt under the logs directory in your M2TW installation. In fact The Holy Pilgrim has "forgotten" to change the trace string in warhammer.cfg so everyone who downloads his version has trace logs - REAL useful
    level = * trace

Have a look at the bottom of that file and you might get a clue what is causing the crash, or post the last 20 or so lines from the log here (OR preferably in a new thread in the bug report forum).

The Danes, I swear, with their half arsed attempts at a 'war'. You gotta give it to 'em, they just dont stop trying. Listen, I've fought the Timurids, ever heard of them? Elephants with cannons on their backs. Yea, Timurids. You guys are like kids on tricycles compared to them. -REZ

Default Re: If you are having trouble with installing version 1.02, look here

Quote Originally Posted by Nicha11 View Post
    I can't open the 1.01 installer, it just makes e.explorer crash.
    Turn off UAC.

I have installed the 1.03 Version of Warhammer in the "teutonic" folder of Medieval II Total War and then I have installed the hot Fix 1.03.1 but when I start Call of Warhammer with the shortcut of the teutonic campaign I start only the teutonic Game but In the Campaign Menu there are all Factions from the Main game of Medieval and when I start a Campaign it gives a CTD.

Citizen

Here's what you have to do:

1) Delete or Rename your "teutonic" folder in your "mods" folder (ex C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods).

2) Follow the installation instructions in the first post

or

2) If you downloaded the torrent, extract the "teutonic" folder to your mods folder (ex C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods).

*Note: If you used my torrent (in first post), it includes both the translation and hotfix.

3) If you do not have the hotfix, just download it here and set the installer to your Medieval 2 directory.

4) Run the mod from the warhammer.bat located inside the Teutonic folder and have fun!

Can you give me another link for the Hot fix of 1.02.

Holy Prigram mind if i just confirm if i have installed the Entire mod right?

I downloaded the Entire mod in one download from here http://www.gameupdates.org/details.php?id=3991

then i renamed my Teutonic folder then extracted my warhammer rar to desktop then placed the new teutonic folder into my mods

I then run the game by clicking on the warhammer.bat

The game works fine but i get random CDTs before and after battles i posted this error here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=332581
    ''When you are the anvil, be patient. When you are the hammer, strike''-Arabian Proverb

Citizen

When do you get the CTD's exactly? Can you tell me what factions you are using when this happens?