Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Installation Help (now with a MUCH! needed update)

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: Installation Help and the Full version in one download!!!

When you extract the mod, the path name should be something like this: (C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\teutonic).

Inside the teutonic folder, there should be (at minimum) these folders:
    - Data
    - Packs
    - Preferences

And these files (at least):
    - COH.ico
    - Warhammer.bat
    - Warhammer.cfg

I hope this helped

Does the one torrent download contain the entire mod? All the way to 1.03 and the hotfixes?

EDIT: never mind, Holy Pilgrim answered this in the FAQ thread.
    Last edited by Telros; February 25, 2010 at 04:56 PM.

Citizen

Yep. It even has some extras like Beren's skin pack, my hotseat mod, and some other stuff that I can't remember.

Here's a question, is it possible to download it on one computer with the game and then take the folder and put it on the other computer?

Also, how long does it take to download, normally?

Citizen

For me, it only took an hour. Also, if you have a USB that can hold 3.29 gig or above, then you should be able to move the zip file. Moving the folder itself isn't recommended since that in itself is 5 gig.

Edit: I highly recommend you download the torrent on the computer you want it on, unless you have really good upload speed on your computer.
    Last edited by The Holy Pilgrim; February 25, 2010 at 05:37 PM.

Okay, thanks for the info. Hopefully I'll be able to do it.

What torrent program did you use? Bittorrent seemed to freak out a bit on me about the download.

Citizen

Really, I use Bittorrent and it works fine. There's also Azureus or utorrent. You could try those.

Crikker's Avatar Foederatus

What version is the full download?
    The Task Ahead Of You, Is Never As Great As The Power Behind You.

Has there been an english text patch for 1.03 yet?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Crikker View Post
    What version is the full download?
    Version 1.031 (the latest), complete with the translation, my hotseat mod, Beren's skin pack, and much much more!

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyRoster View Post
    Has there been an english text patch for 1.03 yet?
    Firstly, Welcome to the TWC ArmyRoster! If you ever have any quesions, don't be afraid to ask

Secondly, yes, the translation can be found here. Just be sure to download all patches for versions 1.01, 1.02, and 1.03.

Cheers for the welcome Holy Pilgrim, I just installed and played v1.03 and it's phenomenal! I love it. It's what MoC should have been. I plan on supporting this mod full and advertising it on my own website and forums.

Thanks for the link to the english files!

Citizen

No problem. If you really would like to help, I could use some more help with Real Warhammer. I need a few more beta testers. If you are insterested, send me a pm.

Crikker's Avatar Foederatus

Ok, now I am not computer savvy, but I thought you had to install this into the main directory and then have an install that comes with the mod where you can then download it to the directory, like Third Age Total War. Or just straight to the Teutonic folder?
    The Task Ahead Of You, Is Never As Great As The Power Behind You.

Holy Pelegrin perhaps i found cause of CTD fighting orc armies. I noted that CTD in battle windows happened always with some armies and not with otehr I seeked with spies what those armies had . Always had spear chukka, so.... give a look at them.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Crikker View Post
    Ok, now I am not computer savvy, but I thought you had to install this into the main directory and then have an install that comes with the mod where you can then download it to the directory, like Third Age Total War. Or just straight to the Teutonic folder?
    If you install my torrent in the first post, just extract the "teutonic" folder to the "mods" folder. If you use the official installation, set the directory to your main Medieval 2 directory (for example: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War). Make sure you run the mod through the .bat file (torrent) or Warhammer shortcut (official) in order for the mod to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ettore53 View Post
    Holy Pelegrin perhaps i found cause of CTD fighting orc armies. I noted that CTD in battle windows happened always with some armies and not with otehr I seeked with spies what those armies had . Always had spear chukka, so.... give a look at them.
    1) Thanks for the info. I'll test the Spear Chukkas to see if they cause the crashes.

2) Not to sound rude, but my name is The Holy Pilgrim, not the Holy Pelegrin.

Lol! Worse if I would change the Holy.

Sorry, I've seen a post with the reply to my question! (It was few post before mine.. =P)
    Last edited by Gianduiotto; March 04, 2010 at 07:17 AM.

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Icon4 Re: Installation Help and the Full version in one download!!!

Hello,

I am getting a frustrating error when I try to unpack the 1.20 full version file from the official installation instructions... I use 7Zip to open the .001 file, and then click the installation .zip file, whereupon it is placed in a directory, still in .zip form.

Then, I try to unpack the .zip file, but I am unable to do so. I get the following error:

'The archive is either unknown or damaged'

OR

When I try to directly extract the .001 file, I get the following error:

'Unable to open [file name] as an archive'

With no further progress being made.

It is really, really getting on my nerves. This is my second download attempt, and since it takes such a long time to download the installer, my agony soars...

Do you have any idea on how to fix this, or open the .zip file?

Note that I got my files from Hotfile, trying both of the mirrors available.

- Aanker
    Last edited by Aanker; March 07, 2010 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Citizen

Here's what I suggest:

1) Re-download the .001 file. That may fix it. Also, you only need to extract the first file, not any of the others. They extract automatically with the first one. Also, don't extract directly. Try opening the .zip and then extracting. If you have Windows 7 or Vista, you must turn off User Control in order to directly extract to another area other than the one where the .zip is located.

or

2) Download the "All-in-one" download in the first post. All you need is a torrent downloader and installation is as easy as extracting a single folder. Plus the download speed is much quicker than downloading all four of those files.

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    Here's what I suggest:

1) Re-download the .001 file. That may fix it. Also, you only need to extract the first file, not any of the others. They extract automatically with the first one. Also, don't extract directly. Try opening the .zip and then extracting. If you have Windows 7 or Vista, you must turn off User Control in order to directly extract to another area other than the one where the .zip is located.

or

2) Download the "All-in-one" download in the first post. All you need is a torrent downloader and installation is as easy as extracting a single folder. Plus the download speed is much quicker than downloading all four of those files.
    Okay, thanks for the answer

As for the first point, I'll try to do as much as possible without re-downloading... It's unlikely that I run into the same error twice, so it should be something happening in my end.

The second point: only as the very last resort I'll use it, because I don't feel like downloading and installing MORE software to get this working.

Once again though, thanks for the very quick reply (much faster than I expected) .

- Aaaaaaaaaaaaaanker

EDIT:
    One thing, though... Would it be possible for the team to just use ONE .zip file, so that the file isn't encased twice? I (and I bet there are others) have never encountered this type of file structure and I am still rather perplexed at the complexity of trying to install this mod.
    Last edited by Aanker; March 07, 2010 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10