Thread: Are hitpoints lore accurate?

Evil_Ewok's Avatar Tiro
    Secret Submarine Headquarters off the Coast of Guam

Default Are hitpoints lore accurate?

Greetings and salutations all.

Apologies if this question has already been asked, but will there be (or is there) a mod or attempt to make the units more reflective of wounds as according to the latest army books?

For example, Black Orc Destroyers and Orc Big 'Uns have 2 hitpoints, yet according to the latest Orc and Goblins Army book (7th?) these units only can only sustain 1 wound until they are casualties, unless they are officers.

I only use this as an example, and am sure there are other inconsistencies between the army books and the hitpoints used in the game.

Any ideas, comments, corrections or constructive criticisms are welcomed and expected.

Cheers!

Default Re: Are hitpoints lore accurate?

There is no accurate way to reflect tabletop rules and combat mechanics. The only thing the team can do is cover the generalities of combat such as Orcs being sturdy beasts, Humans being weak but well trained, etc.

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

If i remember well in the tabletop rules, some champions and heroes could have more than 1hp, unless it has changed ('cause i did not play since decades ^^).
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Evil_Ewok's Avatar Tiro
    Secret Submarine Headquarters off the Coast of Guam

Outlawstar, your point is valid and I agree that there will never be an entirely accurate way to reflect the intricacies of Warhammer.

However, I think that having so many Orc units at 2 hitpoints, for example, gives them an unfair advantage and have changed all the units (in regard to wounds) in my export_unit_descr to reflect the latest army books.

To each his own though.

Ozzmosis's Avatar Domesticus

perhaps giving orcs (except maybe the big black guys) only 1hp, but putting up numbers (and poss defence?) might be better balancing.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

I'll think of putting that in my balancing sub-mod

That's true. The fact that the dwarves have to fight against orcs who are much more numerous than them and have 2 hp is really unfair.

Valiant Champion's Avatar Praepositus

you have to have a lot of toughness to beat empire troops in orderly formations.

Plus without 2hit points they would disintegrate before they ever reached the imperial line.

BETTER PIKES
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...2#post16143112

THE PIKE WARS HAVE BEGUN!

Patrician Citizen

Slayers too have 2HP, and combined with artillery / thunderers / miners you can easily overcome orcs.
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Belive me 2 hp for orcs is nothing special. They are bigger and stronger than people, but armor is weaker. The armor rules not hp.
    CoW (Rage of the Dark Gods)team
    From Russia with love.

Patrician Citizen

Timorfeys is absolutely right; if you want to have a look, i have made some statistics of all units of v1.02 version and you can compare orcs and dwarves for example. You'll see that 2hp does not make the orcs units stronger overall than the dwarven units

Does it matter if anything is lore accurate? WHFB is really not a good example of a fair and balanced strategy game. I'd be happy if CoW was a just mod with WH models and without crazy stats and half the units fighting to the last man 'because it fits their background'. Screw GW and give me a strategy game.