LR's Asian style surf and turf
Rummaging through the fridge, I came across some pork loin and frozen shrimp. Nummy. I scrounged up something, it's fairly easy to make, and (I think) pretty delicious.
-Sweet and Sour sauce
-pork loin (how much depending on how many people you intend to cook for)
-Any vegetables you have (I used snow peas and broccoli)
1. Boil water for rice, since this takes the longest
2.. Preheat frying pan with some vegatable oil so pork wont stick
3. Mix soy sauce, ginger paste and sweet and sour sauce together. Only use a little ginger, since it's fairly strong.
4. Pour the combined sauces over pork and shrimp and shake up a little to get the sauce all over.
5. Put the pork in the frying pan, hold off on shrimp since that cooks quickly.
6. If you're pressed for time or just impatient, after cooking the pork for a little bit, slice it up then throw back on the pan.
7. Add vegetables to the boiling rice (after rice has been boiling for about 6-8 minutes)
8. Add shrimp.
9. Once the pork is browned, it should be ready.
10. You can serve the vegetable/rice mix separately or mix it with the meat (that way, the sauce mixes with the rice and vegetables), either way, it's good.
all together, this shouldn't take more than 15-20 minutes.