Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Garbarsardar's cookbook

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Quote Originally Posted by Prarara
    Well Congratulations to you both. This 17 year old will *legally* stay away from alcohol; legally meaning not getting caught.
    I suppose a tall glass of milk will be in order for you
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Ok ok, since my friends call me "Mix *expletive*" Because i mix I will offer some good ones, well for me.

Half pint of Budwieser mixed with a double shot of Jack.

Half pint of Carlsberg mixed with JackDaniles and Coke.

One shot vodka, One shot Jack and one shot malibu in orange Juice with Ice.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Garb you never posted my Pierogi recipe in the index
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

MoROmeTe's Avatar For my name is Legion

Drinks, anyone?

This is what I called (for the first time two days ago when I first concocted it) a Stripper, in honour of all Babes thread...

Required:

A shot tequila
    A shot gin
    A shot rum
    A shot whisky

Optional:

Lemon
    Salt
    Tomato juice

Put shots near each other. The tomato juice in a tall glass. Salt and lemon on one's hand. Lick and drink, lick and drink and suck on the lemon. Repeat until desired effect appears... Don't forget you have the tomato juice also...

Better if you lick it off another's body (I preffer a woman's body, but, hey...)

Tell me if you can take more than 3 of these... Hell, I was dizzy after 2...

In the long run, we are all dead - John Maynard Keynes
    Under the patronage of Lvcivs Vorenvs
    Holding patronage upon the historical tvrcopolier and former patron of the once fallen, risen from the ashes and again fallen RvsskiSoldat

Here is a photo of what Pierogi should look like

Major König's Avatar Civitate

How is that for delicious? Common food at my home. Pretty simple to make too.

Start with :

Wonton Skins
    Filling (Beef, leeks, onions other small ingredients I can't name in english)
    Beaten Eggs

Take a skin, and spoon some filling into it, about half the estimated capacity of the skin. Put some eggs along the side you are folding, and close the skin. The eggs will keep it together. Fry, and enjoy.

King Henry V's Avatar Behold your King

Creamed Vegetables
    An excellent and fairly simple way to serve vegetables other than boiling or steaming them. Works with carrots, cabbage (where it alleviates the bitterness of plain boiled cabbage), peas, leeks, or anything else you want.
    To prepare:
    Boil the vegetables you wish to serve until they are cooked.
    For the sauce:
    equal amounts of butter and flour (you may experiment with less or more if you wish)
    some milk
    salt, pepper, sugar and any other condiments you may wish
    Melt the butter in a frying pan and then add as much flour as required until the contents ressemble a light brown paste. Then add the milk, little by little, constantly stirring with a wooden spoon, until you have a thick, creamy sauce. If too liquidy, add more flour. Season the sauce with the condiments, then place the vegetables in the frying pan with the sauce and stir in. Serve vegetables.
    It is an excellent side wish with roasts.

Cauliflower cheese:
    Make same sauce as above. Add 50-100 grams (or more if you wish) of grated cheese and some nutmeg and stir into the sauce until the cheese is melted. Fried bacon and onions also go well with the sauce. Take boiled cauliflower and and add to sauce. If required, put sauce and cauliflower into an oven dish, sprinkle extra grated cheese on top an put in the oven until the cheese has melted, or is turning brown.
    May be served as a side dish or eaten as a main meal, as it is quite heavy.

Cinnamon Bread:
    Toast a couple of slices of bread. Melt a knob of butter in a sauce pan. Ad a couple of spoons of sugar into you have a cristallised mix. Shake some cinnamon on top and stir to make a brown sauce. Pour onto to toasted bread. Also nice with bananas that have gone brown (with the bananas, you may add some warmed brandy or other alcohol and set it alight, it is then called flambéed bananas) or you can replace the sugar with honey.
    Makes an excellent late afternoon snack for those with a sweet tooth, though it is not recommended to eat to many of them, for they are quite calorie-heavy.
    Vassal of the most puissant Sheriff, imb39
    Suzerain of the valorous Castellan, scottishranger and of the preux Knight and Master Crafstman Atterdag

Former Editor of the Helios, Councillor of the Concilium de Civitate and Councillor of Peace.
    "Quatscht Studium, Verbindung ist die Hauptsache!" Heinrich Mann, Der Untertan
    "Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; the best of life is but intoxication" Lord Byron

Here's a cocktail I invented on Saturday night. I got sloshed after one, but then again, I am 14.
    The C.O.M.P:
    Take one pint/liter/anysize glass you want.
    Fill two thirds (or three quarters if you prefer) of the glass with orange juice.
    Fill the other third with one part pineapple rum, one part mago rum, and one part cherry brandy.
    Works well with any other fruit schnapps/brandy/alcohol you have at hand.
    Enjoy.
    Suzerain of the valorous Castellan, scottishranger and of the preux Knight and Master Crafstman Atterdag

Former Editor of the Helios, Councillor of the Concilium de Civitate and Councillor of Peace.
    "Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; the best of life is but intoxication" Lord Byron

Sidus Preclarum's Avatar Honnête Homme.

Talking of cocktails. well.. sort of . A certainly stupid drink : the submariner.

Step 1 : pour a small glass (shooter) full of ( preferably cheap, we wouldn't want to waste stolichnaya or Grey Gouse on this one, would we?) Vodka (V). take a plastic pint-sized glass. put it reversed on top of the shooter glass.
    Step 2 : Press the rim of the shooter glass against the bottom of the pint glass and turn the whole stuff upside down.
    Step 3 : WHile still pressing Pour (cheap, for the same reasons alleged in step 1) lager on top of the upturned shooter glass, till the pression on the glass sides is enough to maintain it downward provided you don't tilt the glass too much .
    Step 4 : Withrdaw you hand, finish pouring the beer, drink. Disclaimer : I never said it was good

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate Administrator Emeritus

Hi all, thank you for you contribuitions, especially Corporal Hicks, for he has demonstrated once more that complexity and elaboration is not a liberal-pseudo intellectual-gay attribute...(lol). Table of contents updated (with the necessary comments of course...)

Now being in a slightly odd mood lately, Garb. can offer you...:

Entartete (it's german) Ginger Chocolate Cake

Ingredients
    Cake:
    1 One ginger root (big as you palm)
    2 Tbs Honey
    1 cup water
    3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
    1 stick sweet butter or margarine
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    2 cups sugar
    2 egg yolks
    1/2 cup sour cream
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    2 cups less 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    2 egg whites
    Frosting:
    2 Tablespoons margarine
    3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
    6 Tablespoons heavy cream (have used whole or canned milk)
    1-1/4 cup confectioner sugar (sifted)
    1 teaspoon vanilla

Cake: Peel Ginger root, chop it into small chunks boil it and throw the water away. Boil it again with the addition of honey this time until almost all the water evaporates. Put it in the blender until pulp-ish.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a suitable cake pan. Knock out excess flour. Pour boiling water over chocolate and butter. Let stand until melted. Stir in vanilla and sugar. Whisk in egg yolks, blending well. Mix together sour cream and baking soda, then whisk into batter.Add ginger pulp. Add flour and baking powder and mix well. Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Stir 1/4 into batter thoroughly, then scoop remaining egg whites on top of batter and fold in gently. Pour batter into prepared pan. Set in middle of rack in the oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until edges pull away from sides of pan and cake tester inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Unmold and cool completely before frosting.

Frosting: Place all ingredients in a saucepan over low heat. Whisk until smooth, adding more sugar if needed.

Actually there is one more ingredient you can add, which thanks to David Blunkett, has now been reclassified.

Garb!! Great to see you back my friend, thanks for your recipe and PM, I am printing it now

I recently watched V for Vendetta, which was nice BTW with three of my beloved actors (Stephen Rea, John Hurt, Stephen Fry) in it and without intelligence-insulting plot (which is a rarity in blockbusters lately...)

So here's my recipe for

Eggs in a basket

You need butter. Cholesterol, obesity, clogged arteries and all...YOU NEED BUTTER.
    Thick slice of toast bread preferably on the hard side...
    An egg
    Salt and pepper.

Butter slice on both sides.
    Cut a circle in the middle using a glass, or cookie cutter
    Put heavy pan on the stove until hot
    Bake onthe one side
    Flip and carefully break egg in the hole.
    Lower the fire.
    Salt and pepper.

Now comes the crunch: You have 2 choices, to flip or not to flip.
    If you want your egg properly baked you need to wait for the downside to be cooked (1-2 mins) and then carefully flip the whole thing.
    If you like it runny cover the pan and wait until bread smells kind of burnt, by this time the yolk will be firm but not dry.

1 drop of Worchestershire sauce will not be considered as a betrayal of culinary ethics.

Enjoy!

Last Roman's Avatar ron :wub:in swanson

ah, so I finally get to see the famous cookbook
    house of Rububula, under the patronage of Nihil, patron of Hotspur, David Deas, Freddie, Askthepizzaguy and Ketchfoop
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    -Mark Twain

So when's the carbonara recipe coming up Garb? I have to look after myself for a week and I fancy some easy to cook recipes. That an di have some bacon in the fridge that needs using up.

Your humble servant.

Now, this is my father's recipe. That means two things: First the originality credentials are doubtful, meaning that any google search will land you with tons of "original" recipes, and second that it is unhealthy in a direct and unapologetic way...

Carbonara
    Ingredients for 4

Bacon and cured ham bits
    pack of spaghetti

or linguine

(see here for pasta definitions)

Pure anadulterated butter, 200gr
    Parmesan cheese 250gr
    2 eggs
    Fresh double cream 200gr

Boil the pasta in plenty of slightly saulted water.
    Drain.
    Heat the cream carefully and slowly mix the eggs (which should not cook)
    Mix the sauce with the pasta and serve.
    Add parmesan shavings. That is achieved with a very sharp knife or better a razor.
    Melt the butter with the insertion of bacon and cured ham.
    When extremely hot but not yet burning, remove from stove and pour over the 4 plates so that the parmesan melts.

Address a small pryer to the gods of cholesterol and enjoy!!!

vizi's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

If I were to eat that I am sure I would die of a congestive heart failure....sounds tasty though!

Is it me, or are Garb's ingredients always heavy? "Take five pounds of butter, add three hundred cloves of garlic, cook in a frying pan the size of Bulgaria..."
    Just kidding grandpa. :wink:
    Last edited by King Henry V; March 27, 2006 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Gah! I've been having so many typos recently!

Quote Originally Posted by King Henry V
    Is it me, or are Garb's ingredients always heavy? "Take five pounds of butter, add three hundred cloves of garlic, cook in a frying pan the size of Bulgaria..."
    Just kinding grandpa. :wink:
    That is actually my grandmothers recipe for fried eggs...

I can give you my recipe for boiled water, if you desire it...

Still (unexplicably) my country has the lowest rate of CHD in Europe...

No thanks, I've already got it:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/deadring...ps/clip4.shtml
    Delia Smith on how to boil water.

Quote Originally Posted by King Henry V
    No thanks, I've already got it:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/deadring...ps/clip4.shtml
    Delia Smith on how to boil water.
    Touche
    Your ecstatic grand pere