Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Download link

Default New Download link

Hello people,

Pursuant to several requests on this board, I have re-uploaded the mod Clouds Across Europe by Zephrelial.

You can get it here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=50XQ3N97

This is version 1.4, which to my knowledge was Zeph's last released version. The Bugfixer for 1.4 should be included. A clean installation of Medieval II Total War is required, patched to either 1.2 or 1.3 (also works fine with Kingdoms installed). Having other mod-foldered mods installed at the same time should be ok, as long as they do not over-write ANY vanilla folders.

To install:
    Download the CAE.zip file.
    Extract all files to the desktop.
    Run the CAE installer.

After the installation is finished, extract the Bugfixer files, and copy them to the Clouds Across Europe folder.

I had nothing to do with the creation of this mod, and do not claim any credit for anything in it. All such credit must be directed to Zephrelial and those he credited with assisting him.

Cheers and have fun!

Edit:
    I have added an alternative link on filefront: http://www.filefront.com/15970885/CAE-1.4.zip/
    Last edited by DonDiego256; March 29, 2010 at 08:52 PM.

Default Re: New Download link

BTW, if anyone wants version 1.3, as it spawned several add-ons / mini-mods, I can upload that also.

dude, i love you. Hopefully this will allow me to play CAE on Vista.
    I downloaded 1.4 from http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=99752
    but, after installing, there would be no startup icon neither in the folder nor my desktop.
    Is there a special step that i may have to use for Vista?

Hi SirWallace,
    Clouds Across Europe launches from the file "CloudsAcrossEurope.bat". This should be located in your Medieval II folder after installation of CAE.

Hope this helps - Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by DonDiego256 View Post
    Hello people,

Pursuant to several requests on this board, I have re-uploaded the mod Clouds Across Europe by Zephrelial.

You can get it here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=50XQ3N97

This is version 1.4, which to my knowledge was Zeph's last released version. The Bugfixer for 1.4 should be included. A clean installation of Medieval II Total War is required, patched to either 1.2 or 1.3 (also works fine with Kingdoms installed). Having other mod-foldered mods installed at the same time should be ok, as long as they do not over-write ANY vanilla folders.

To install:
    Download the CAE.zip file.
    Extract all files to the desktop.
    Run the CAE installer.

After the installation is finished, extract the Bugfixer files, and copy them to the Clouds Across Europe folder.

I had nothing to do with the creation of this mod, and do not claim any credit for anything in it. All such credit must be directed to Zephrelial and those he credited with assisting him.

Cheers and have fun!
    Thanks.

I have a question: do you have modding skills? It would be cool if *someone* could keep working on this mod! I don't think the original creator would mind and he is apparently unreacheable.

This mod is really enjoyable as it adds new factions and the turns are still fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachdanan View Post
    Thanks.

I have a question: do you have modding skills? It would be cool if *someone* could keep working on this mod! I don't think the original creator would mind and he is apparently unreacheable.

This mod is really enjoyable as it adds new factions and the turns are still fast.

Right now I am just a curator of other people's work, I am afraid. Though modding is a skill I am trying to acquire.

The last I had heard, Zeph had begun work on a completely new map for CAE 1.5, which extended much further east. Unfortunately, this was a year or two ago...

It would be cool if he included some Asian factions. I think the clash of such different cultures will be exhilarating.
    I'll give your advice a shot. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sirwallace8 View Post
    It would be cool if he included some Asian factions. I think the clash of such different cultures will be exhilarating.
    I'll give your advice a shot. thanks.
    Agreed, I like to see some samurai and shaolin monk come and wreak havoc

seriously tho, thanks for hte upload link, without it i cannot even get this mod!

MihcimPL's Avatar Laetus

Good mod! Everything works!
    A question. How can i use battle editor in it?
    Last edited by MihcimPL; May 08, 2010 at 05:19 PM.

I've never used battle editor, so I'm not sure if it works in this mod...

MihcimPL's Avatar Laetus

Well it doesnt

Just wanted to say I LOVE YOU!!!!! lol

do I need to install any other versions of this mod? 1.2 or 1.3 for example? Or can I just download 1.4 and use that straight away?

EDIT: btw, thank you so much. and thanks to zeph, where ever he is...
    Last edited by tassie; June 21, 2010 at 01:09 AM. Reason: thanking the author

Hi tassie,
    No, you do not need other versions of the game to play it. Version 1.4 is a complete install of all required files.

Cheers!

Thanks for re-uploading it

Yes! Thank you for re uploading it, and the mod looks great!

Someone plzzz respond!!

I'm tryin to get CAE working on my laptop.
    Okay so I believe I did everything right.. downloaded the program from DonDiego (first post), it automatically extracted the bug fixer to the program, and so I ran the installer. I was taken to the red screen with the castle for the installation..and it says it was succesfully installed. And so all I have to do is click the icon from the desktop to play the mod right? So I do that, and nothing happens. After many attempts at this, I ran a troubleshoot for this program.

And it says exactly this-- "The specified path does not contain a valid program. Please select a valid program (ending with .exe)"
    It shows me the icon leads to "C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\CloudsAcrossEurope.bat"

I tried erasing the .bat and put .exe not expecting much, and unsurprisingly it didn't work. I don't know any other way to get to the game with it being ".bat". Do I install it again? Did I do something wrong? I have no clue. I'm hoping someone might be able to explain to me what went wrong!

I have windows 7. When I launch the .bat file it pops up quickly then disappears.

@Flyersfan314,
    You could try putting the .bat in SEGA / Medieval II Total War folder, this is where I usually launched it from, rather than from the mods / CAE folder (which is within the Medieval II folder).

Thanks <3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast