Thread: Adding units into the game

Laetus

Default Adding units into the game

Hello all,

Anyone have an easy to understand guide for adding units into my own game? I have RR/RC and 1.4 installed if that makes any difference...

Please assume that textures and graphics are already done (no way I could do those, hehe). Just the coding part.. like which files I need to modify, etc, so I don't ruin my game.

Please let me know if possible.

Best regards,

Yarrum's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Adding units into the game

Laetus

Thanks mate!!

Now I have added Imladris Pikemen (they need longer spearszzz) and Eldar Shieldswords, so my elf roster is beginning to look juicy... Really simple if you get the hang of it, this text editing thing

Thanks a bunch.

DAY SHALL COME AGAIN!

Laetus

Hi all, one last quick question - what other files do I need to modify in order to include the units into the Campaign? Just export_descr_unit?

Thanks!

To include the units into the campaign you also need to modify data/export_descr_buildings file.

Hi, I'm really struggling with this. I can create a unit but can't manage to replace the Unit Localised Text or get a new image. But after editing the text/export_units file I do get a short description of my created soldier on custom battle.
    Has anyone got any hints because even when following the tutorials posted I can't seem to change them. Are there any differences with editing 3rd age units that are not clear on there?

As you have probably guessed I'm abit of a newbie at this modding stuff, but any help would be much appreciated
    Last edited by SuperTom; February 27, 2010 at 09:12 PM.

Probably better to bring this up here than in a new topic. I'm trying to do a similar thing at the minute-Rather, I'm trying to reactivate Merchants for all factions...

EDIT: Found it; they are merely 'commented out' via senicolons.
    Last edited by Bloodly; June 27, 2010 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Found what I was looking for.