Thread: Senate and Marian reforms

Default Senate and Marian reforms

Hello, I'm new to this mod, find it very attractive but there are some features I don't understand completely.

When installing I have the choice to install the senate. This senate is the feature that gives missions to GCS Rome and Carthage isn't it ? But why is the city of Carthage a different faction than Carthage, how does this work exactly.

Secondly the Marian reforms. If I understand them correctly they are available when Rome builds the highest level of barracks in an Italic city other than Rome. Does this trigger the apparition of the new units for all factions or is there a specific trigger for each of them ?

Thanks for the great work. I hope to see you complete this mod.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Default Re: Senate and Marian reforms

The carthaginian senate owns carthage because not unlike Rome they did not allow the generals to have military control over the capital city.
    This means that the senate faction will defend itself (and lend limited assistance near carthage itself) and reward/punish you through the missions.

The marian reforms happens when the romans build an imperial palace in an italian city outside Rome, which triggers the upgraded bodyguards for all factions and new units for many of them to reflect the evolution of military around the mediterranean.
    The Best Is Yet To Come: