Thread: New mirror for setup exe

Default New mirror for setup exe

I uploaded the setup exe for 1.02 for people, like me, who hate Megaupload.

http://www.moddb.com/downloads/call-...tup-executable

It was just authorized by their admins, I'm shocked. Anyway click the link and start the download it's the full exe, in one whole piece for people who find segmented downloads to be a pain in the ass.

Default Re: New mirror for setup exe

It's just the patch, right?

It's the setup executable to install CoW 1.02 onto you MTW2K installation. They say it's a full version, but earlier it was called a patch. I don't know I'm left confused however I installed it over my 1.01 installation and all is fine except after I installed the hotfix and translation my settlement names are in Russian.

I just tried to install it.

Nothing happened, the installation completed succesfully but I went to where I installed it (the teutonic folder) and found nothing new.

It should have created a .cfg file and you should see a uninstaller in the root MTW2 directory. The .bat file you may have to create yourself. Can you show me a snapshot of your teutonic folder?

Maybe later, I'm manually copying the warhammer across, it is creating a .cfg file.

BTW what is the .bat file?

I just tried running it.

It was really screwed up with all the maps and unit images muddled up with MT2.

And then it crashed so...

Quote Originally Posted by Nicha11 View Post
    Maybe later, I'm manually copying the warhammer across, it is creating a .cfg file.

BTW what is the .bat file?
    The .bat, or batch file, is a executable file that is used to point kingdoms.exe to where the CoW data files are located. You said you copied it over but it was muddled and unstable. That's because you attempted to run it via kingdoms.exe. Right click and start a blank text file, call it whatever, and paste and save the following into the file.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    start kingdoms.exe @mods\teutonic\warhammer.cfg

just make sure the warhammer.cfg part matches the file name of the .cfg file found in ...\mods\teutonic.

I appreciate your help so far

But creating the text file didn't work either, (it's still very muddled up).

Here's what my Teutonic folder looks like.

Folder: Custom
    Folder:data
    Folder:packs
    Folder: Preferences

Text Document: EULA
    Text Document: Readme
    Windows Batch File: Warhammer
    Text Document: (the file you told me to add in).
    CFG File: warhammer.cfg
    Last edited by Nicha11; January 18, 2010 at 08:27 PM.

Oh wait. When you installed CoW you installed it over a 1.01 installation, right?

Nope I can't find a damn 1.01 installer that works.

This is a patch, you will need 1.01 installed before installing this. This file is 260 mb (if i remember correctly. The full mod is over 1 gb ^^

@ Nicha11, here you will find one http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=325587 post nr. 7

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by DuckVonDuck View Post
    This is a patch, you will need 1.01 installed before installing this. This file is 260 mb (if i remember correctly. The full mod is over 1 gb ^^
    I believe it's 1.33 gb as just the 1.01 installer by itself

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    I believe it's 1.33 gb as just the 1.01 installer by itself
    Wouldn't surprise me, i don't know the exact number. It was just a way to see how this post in a patch, and not the full game.

Btw: I don't understand why they used HJSplit for the officel setup? ^^ Whats wrong with a normal Winrar segmented file