Thread: Moddability of NTW

Default Moddability of NTW

Wil this game be more moddable than the "most moddable TW ever" Empire? That would be the only reason for me to purchase this expansion pack. What do you think?

Valbruch's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Moddability of NTW

No

We'll have to stick to the good ol' M2
    We are the Brunnen-G,
    we're waiting to die.
    We celebrate the death
    that will fall from the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by JanWilm View Post
    Wil this game be more moddable than the "most moddable TW ever" Empire? That would be the only reason for me to purchase this expansion pack. What do you think?
    for me? no!

this time they didn't even promise modding tools. so no. you're still best off with Medieval 2 or Rome.

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

I hope so but if they dont release mod tools i will release hell upon them i keep my word i will do what i say and for this community even if it takes long i will still do it to get mod tools or not i will make them atleast deserve apology to thier fans for not releaseing them .

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hope dies last...but dies.

Dont' think that it will be more moddable, but we shall see
    [Col] RO Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by dogs990 View Post
    I hope so but if they dont release mod tools i will release hell upon them i keep my word i will do what i say and for this community even if it takes long i will still do it to get mod tools or not i will make them atleast deserve apology to thier fans for not releaseing them .
    and how will you do that?
    Always trying harder to help you make an informed decision.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Kieren said that they rather focus on "polishing the game" than giving mod tools, so I doubt it.

the game's gone gold. i'm sure they can dedicate more people to making the mod tools...but they won't. they'll dedicate their time and resources into making dlc units.

remember when they said they'd release mode tools with etw, then changed their minds after release? multiple community tools have since been released, and it's clear that there was never any intention to release the tools(good pr, kieran). are you telling me individuals working in their spare time could make working mod tools within weeks after release and the company that created the game couldn't do so in 10 months?

i pretty much predicted this would happen when they had "special forces" units for the higher priced edition etw. goodbye to modding beyond stat changes and texture swaps.
    Always trying harder to help you make an informed decision.

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by johncage View Post
    and how will you do that?
    lol >_> go find my threads

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Quote Originally Posted by JanWilm View Post
    I wouldn't get your hopes up. The game will be moddable of course, but now that Total War has joined the DLC revolution, the vastness of modding options will be decreasing. There isn't a lot of motivation to purchase new units or new campaigns when the modding community can churn out the same work. I wish we had a "Kingdoms" style DLC policy - allow the modders to create new models and maps, but sell the DLC packs with new, unique features, which are something that modders can't do. New diplomacy options, new animations, new weapons, etc. etc. would be the motivation to buy a DLC campaign.

Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by johncage View Post
    the game's gone gold. i'm sure they can dedicate more people to making the mod tools...but they won't. they'll dedicate their time and resources into making dlc units.

remember when they said they'd release mode tools with etw, then changed their minds after release? multiple community tools have since been released, and it's clear that there was never any intention to release the tools(good pr, kieran). are you telling me individuals working in their spare time could make working mod tools within weeks after release and the company that created the game couldn't do so in 10 months?

i pretty much predicted this would happen when they had "special forces" units for the higher priced edition etw. goodbye to modding beyond stat changes and texture swaps.
    All very true. Some of the dlc units are quite insulting too, barely 3 new models in the heroes pack for Napoleon (if even that). At most a few hours of work for a lone artist, any longer than that and they should hire me instead.