Thread: Manual and/or Steam Installation Version (1.02)

Default Manual and/or Steam Installation Version (1.02)

Apparently some vista and windows 7 computers won't run the installer for EoDII

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I've therefore put here:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NF0U5JRX
    a .rar version for manual installation, unfortunately its a lot larger than the .exe version even with .rar compression - sorry about that! This version is complete including the 1.02 patch.

To extract the contents from the .rar you need winrar or similar - free trial available here:
    http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR-32-b...-10007677.html
    if you haven't already got it...

To install manually:

1). Go to your Rome - Total War/ BI folder
    make a new folder inside that called "eod2"
    so you have a file path like
    C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\bi\eod2
    or whatever equivalent is on your machine

2). Copy the "data" folder from the BI folder and paste it into the eod2 folder you just created.
    -------Remember Copy and Paste ------ Do not drag or move the folder!--------
    you should now have path like
    C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\bi\eod2\data
    and the data folder should have all the same stuff inside as the bi\data folder...

3). Extract the contents of the downloaded eod2 -v1-02-manual.rar into your Rome - Total War folder. Or if you prefer extract it elsewhere and copy and paste the contents into your Rome - Total War folder. You'll be overwriting some of the contents that you copied into eod2/data in step 2, so if it asks you for permission to overwrite say yes! The mod does not overwrite any original files, only the copies you just made....

4). Create a shortcut to run the mod. Right click on the RomeTW-BI.exe in the Rome - Total War folder.
    Select 'create shortcut'. Go to the shortcut its just created and rename it to something memorable... eg EoDII. Right click on the shortcut and select 'properties'. At the end of the 'Target' line add a space and then
    -show_err -nm -mod:bi/eod2

full target line should then look like:
    "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -nm -mod:bi/eod2
    note that the space and -show_err etc goes after the "

If you'd like to you can change the icon the shortcut uses to the Wolven.ico that should now be in your Rome - Total War folder

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Manual Installation Version (1.02)

Cool..

rhalina's Avatar Ordinarius

Is there something special to do, like copy some folder, to play with Alex.ex; for playing with the modified traits "immortal"?

I was trying to copy all eod2 data, but..still playing the Alex vanilla..

Merovingian-period archeology database: http://241-752.forumgratuit.fr/
    Association Française d'Archéologie Mérovingienne

I did exactly as instalation described but i keep getting a error saying can't find steam... will it not work if i have rome gold on steam? do i need the stand alone game?

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by kingkrusher View Post
    I did exactly as instalation described but i keep getting a error saying can't find steam... will it not work if i have rome gold on steam? do i need the stand alone game?
    Unpack the mod to xxxx/steam/steamapps/common/rome total war gold (where your Steam installation is).
    Ignore the launcher and short-cut prompts, they won't work
    Open Steam, right-click on Rome: Total War Gold in the My Games menu
    Select Properties
    Under the General tab select Set launch options ...
    Type in -show_err -nm -mod:bi/eod2 without quotations and click OK
    Launch Rome: Total War Gold by double-clicking it in the My Games menu
    Select Barbarian Invasion from the two-choice list and Launch.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Blog Entries

That should work.. ^ Thanks LestaT..

If you still have problems try/check these..

Here's a few things you might need to check first..

Quote Originally Posted by STEAM INSTRUCTIONS
    2. If using STEAM then go to "My Games", right-click on the "Barbarian Invasion" item and select "Properties". Select "Set Launch Options" and in the box that comes up enter " -mod:bi\eod -nm -show_err" (without the quotation marks). You can then "Create a Desktop Shortcut" for the mod using those parameters.

1. If you are running a 64-bit Windows system or Vista and cannot run the .exe file, first try running the file as administrator and/or disabling User Account Control.
    Mod CTDs on Vista

1. If using Vista and the mod crashes to desktop every time you try to play a custom battle or campaign, then you need to locate your "Virtual Store" (C:\Users\AccountName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore), delete all its contents and launch the mod again.
    Thanks to Aradan for the instructions.

And welcome to the forums..

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    Unpack the mod to xxxx/steam/steamapps/common/rome total war gold (where your Steam installation is).
    Ignore the launcher and short-cut prompts, they won't work
    Open Steam, right-click on Rome: Total War Gold in the My Games menu
    Select Properties
    Under the General tab select Set launch options ...
    Type in -show_err -nm -mod:bi/eod2 without quotations and click OK
    Launch Rome: Total War Gold by double-clicking it in the My Games menu
    Select Barbarian Invasion from the two-choice list and Launch.
    I followed your direction and still game wont open... worst of all now I can't even play RTW/BI... I reinstalled the game but I fear the path that you told me to change under the properties tab is creating the problem... What is the original path directory for the normal game?

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by kingkrusher View Post
    I followed your direction and still game wont open... worst of all now I can't even play RTW/BI... I reinstalled the game but I fear the path that you told me to change under the properties tab is creating the problem... What is the original path directory for the normal game?
    C:\Program Files\steam\steamapps\common\rome total war gold (32 bit version)
    C:\Program Files (86x)\steam\steamapps\common\rome total war gold (54 bit version).

Have you tried -mod:bi\eod2 instead ? I writing from memory so not sure which slash is correct

In any case you must install the mo (or any mod) to where your game is installed.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    C:\Program Files\steam\steamapps\common\rome total war gold (32 bit version)
    C:\Program Files (86x)\steam\steamapps\common\rome total war gold (54 bit version).

Have you tried -mod:bi\eod2 instead ? I writing from memory so not sure which slash is correct

In any case you must install the mo (or any mod) to where your game is installed.
    It appeared to work, I'm not getting error message anymore but the game is not opening.. instant crash. I've contacted steam support, Thx for trying though.

Anyone has an updated version of the download links? I'm quite possible blind but I can't find the manual files anywhere.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Manual and/or Steam Installation Version (1.02)

Sorry; I don't have the files for manual DL. Are you having problems with the installer version, maybe I can help, maybe..

I seem to have a copy - will upload it and provide a link later this evening.

copy of the manual instal files are here;
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/vgddghmy4r...-02-manual.rar

but it looks like there was some other reason why that got deleted from the first post, so if your problem is a steam one, rather than just the .exe not working you probably need to look at the other info about steam...

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    copy of the manual instal files are here;
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/vgddghmy4r...-02-manual.rar

but it looks like there was some other reason why that got deleted from the first post, so if your problem is a steam one, rather than just the .exe not working you probably need to look at the other info about steam...
    Got the mod working with the manual installation files, much appreciated. Also thank you to Halie Satanus for the offer of help.

Blog Entries

Coolio...

okay so I now have shogun total war warlord edition (1) , Rome total war Anthology (just got) medieval 2 total war gold. and am now getting into mods and this is the first mod i will get for any game. I do have a question for this mod. I am not sure where the installer version on this mod is, but i would like the manual install. My question is, does the manual install contain the updated version. And can i uninstall this mod to play any other mod or do i even have to uninstall this mod to get the others to work? (im talking actual mod packs. not skin packs or such.) I dont even remember signing up here but apparently i did a long time ago. probably when i got medieval 2.

Blog Entries

A link to the manual install is included in post 13 of this thread.
    EoD 2 is completely self contained and will not interfere with your original RTW/BI installation.
    You do not need to uninstall EoD 2 if you wish to install other mods.
    Yes the manual install is the full updated (last) version.

This thread has, in different posts, pretty much all the info you'll need to install EoD 2 whatever platform you are using..

Enjoy..

HS..

i apparently cant edit my own posts and i know this is going to draw some flac and i apoligize, but i noticed a few things wrong in my last post.

First i also have empire total war.

Second i know how to install mods manually hence me getting this version instead of the auto install version. This is my first mod for the total war series. but im sure its not going to be the last. i also downloaded the first version of this mod.

Blog Entries

You can edit posts once you've made 25 and been a member for a week. No worries about that, I'm not an ogre.

If you have the games on disc (not on steam) the auto installer is a lot easier. providing you turn of the 'UAC' in windows Vista/7 or higher..

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

For those who have the Steam version cannot use a shortcut for the mod due to Steam and here is more information about that.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.