Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: No colonies?

Default No colonies?

Is this true? Something that Empire DID do good was the possibility of creating either a domestic empire or a colonial trading empire. Now for the first time i've watched some vids/screenshots of NTW and I've noticed there is only an European map with only a few major factions to play in the GC.

I hoped the next installment would include the African/(South)-Asian theatres, something Empire lacked. Now they even gone a step backwards by only including Europe... Please tell me this isn't true. Empire was flawed in so many ways, but it's scope was one of the few things that made it enjoyable for a while.

Default Re: No colonies?

sorry no colonies

I find that just colossally stupid. They are effectively taking a vast step back, by removing India and America.

Both other theatres had a major effect on the main European War.

In India, Britain had to commit soldiers and money to fight the Maratha Wars (1799-1803) which weakened it somewhat in Europe.

And in America, when the Americans started the pointless war of 1812, Britain had to divert troops, money and plenty of ships away from the Penninsula and Europe to fight the uppity Yanks.

So basically, not only is CA losing historical accuracy here, but its also taking a giant leap backwards, reversing one of the three most significant innovations of ETW...the extended map.

"Peccavi" or "I have sinned"

Message from British General Charles Napier to the Governor General of India, to inform him of his capture of Sindh, (I Have sinned/Sindh).

Wow, I am so not buying this game...

Aye, America, India and Africa SHOULD be there. NTW trades historical accuracy at cost of much bigger amount of freedom in game :/.

Greve Af Göteborg's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The game is based on Napoleon.

Well seeing that Anatolia and north africa are missing, do you really expected to have any colonies? I´m talking about the grand campaign by the way, not the smaller ones.

Come on, even medieval 2 had a bigger campaign map... I really detest the way CA is progressing with this series. Total War should be about the realistic strategic/historical depiction of an ERA, not a historical figure or w/e...

My purchase of Empire was solely based on all the features which were promised by CA itself, which in the end turned out to be just blatant lies used to up sales. So seeing them taking the series even more backwards makes me decide to not spend a single $$ on this game. A shame, because before Empire I would blindly buy their product.

The smaller map means it is more detailed and realistic. [EPICAL FACEPALM] This game is a more detailed realistic focus on European Napoleon Wars. If they included colonies then they would not be able to focus so strongly on Europe.

The game is based around Napoleon and as far as I know he didn't fight in the Americas or Asia, and that's the reason why they're absent.

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

Well atleast it is the first total war game since RTW not feature North Africa in the Grand Campaign. I will buy this game, but i i get bored very easliy after a while since the map doesn't look as big distance then il end going back ETW despite its problems.

Still would of like to see the War of 1812 atleast, which would be a very cool DLC campaign for NTW saying there was unprecdented bloodshed, yet in there is another war being fought in the new world between the new nation and its former mothercountry. Despite gaining Independence nearly 30 years earlier i guess there was just some unfinished business that will settle this rivalry on the continent once and for all!!
    Would of loved to try and hold out in Canada as the UK and Canadian provincials against the aggression of the US until reinforcements would arrive much Europe would arrive much later in the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Greve Af Göteborg View Post
    And his enemies and potential friends, therefore the war of 1812, Britains colonies, the Caribean islands etc...

Also without colonies how will Britain get her income?

Shoot coward! You are only going to kill a man!

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Yeah it's a shame that there's nothing outside of Europe in the grand campaign. Like has been said before, maybe we'll see some in DLC packages, but that also sucks for me, as I make it a habit never to purchase DLC.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBunny666 View Post
    And his enemies and potential friends, therefore the war of 1812, Britains colonies, the Caribean islands etc...

Yep. I don`t know much about nappy, but i do know you cannot have GB and France and all that without everything else involved with it. Colonies were still vitally important. The napoleon situation was not isolated into a little linear scope that CA are turning it into. How can anyone even play this game and feel they`re doing anything historical?

For a standalone to be this limiting is quite shocking. It was shocking when I first heard about it and it still is now.

Greve Af Göteborg's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBunny666 View Post

If you think like that you'll have to reconsider the potential enemies of India and the americans,
    in the end you'd have to make the whole world for a game based on Napoleon?

That's just stupid.

Indefinitely Banned

Completely Agree.

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

If you think like that you'll have to reconsider the potential enemies of India and the americans,
    in the end you'd have to make the whole world for a game based on Napoleon?

That's just stupid.

or they could just include significant events during napoleons time to make the game more realistic? (like war of 1812, and whatever happened in india) Besides, britton had a trading empire all over the world, now who do they trade with?
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

it also would take a long time to get to the colonies with 2week turns however parts of africa and asia should be included

Sol Invictus's Avatar Domesticus

Remember that NTW was originally meant to be an expansion of ETW that focused on the campaigns of Napoleon so it is understandable that the colonial war aspect of the Napoleonic Wars is not present. It would have taken much longer to include factions and gameplay elements for two extra continents. I do hope that there is an expansion for NTW that covers the War of 1812 and extends the GC further within Europe. As it stands the lack of a colonial war apsect to NTW doesn't bother me. The economic impact on Europe of the colonial war can easily be factored into the game without having to actually include the colonies and I expect that it will. I am concerned about several other things that pertain directly to the Napoleonic Wars within Europe but if CA gets things essentially correct there then NTW will be a very good game even without the colonies.

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Retlol View Post
    Aye, America, India and Africa SHOULD be there. NTW trades historical accuracy at cost of much bigger amount of freedom in game :/.
    Hey, hey! Don't you go and complain about this! I hear almost all the time "this is not historicaly correct", and "What!? This is not how it was!". And now that they are making this, you say "please, not historicaly correct!"
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast