Thread: Troop Highlighting In Battle Broken

Caesar914's Avatar Libertus

Default Troop Highlighting In Battle Broken

Thanks in ahead to anyone who can help me with this. I have no kind of computer skill whatsoever so my only guess is that some kind of file is messed up or something.

The problem I'm having is clicking on a unit in battle. Usually the unit should be highlighted in green or red or whatever it is depending on who's unit it is. But now there is no highlighting whatsoever, and I wouldn't mind it but it's hard to tell what's going on in a battle and it gets confusing. And it was even harder because in my vanilla version there are no banners in battles either. In the mod Thera Total War their unique banners are present, so it's a tad simpler there. Still not happy with it though.

Consequently, the faction symbol on the panel which flashes the ownership color of all units on the screen is not working. Another very helpful tool I miss a lot.

Please, if anyone can think of why this would happen, or even better a solution to it, I would be extremely thankful. You'd be helping out a total war fan a lot.
    MCC: ajr914oh

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Troop Highlighting In Battle Broken

mediveval2.preferences.cfg.

It's all in there.

disable_arrows = 1 to disable_arrows = 0.
    disable_banners = 1 to disable_banners = 0.

Caesar914's Avatar Libertus

Thank you, I'll try it in a bit. This can fix the unit highlighting problem too?
    MCC: ajr914oh

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Just start at the top and work to the bottom. When get down to disable_arrows and disable_ banners, read the rest carefully.

If you're like some of us, write yourself a note beside you fo the changes you make so if they don't work you can change them back.