Thread: Auto Management... Is it viable in this mod?

Default Auto Management... Is it viable in this mod?

How viable is Auto Management? Particularly of recruitment? In my Reikland game I have a large empire of 24 settlements and I am too tired and anxious for battle to manage each settlement individually so I turned on auto management for Altdorf for several turns just to see what kinds of unit it would create. Interestingly it was a half way decent mix.

I was curious does anyone else use auto management when their empire gets particularly large and how satisfied are you with it?

EDIT: Also I want to ask a stupid question, but understandably I don't know because in some fantasy settings like the Disciple game series they can, can the basic undead soldier in the Warhammer World talk? And if so is it the same language as when they were alive or something else?
    Last edited by Outlawstar15a2; January 16, 2010 at 05:04 PM.

Scipio praeditus's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Auto Management... Is it viable in this mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawstar15a2 View Post
    How viable is Auto Management? Particularly of recruitment? In my Reikland game I have a large empire of 24 settlements and I am too tired and anxious for battle to manage each settlement individually so I turned on auto management for Altdorf for several turns just to see what kinds of unit it would create. Interestingly it was a half way decent mix.

I was curious does anyone else use auto management when their empire gets particularly large and how satisfied are you with it?

EDIT: Also I want to ask a stupid question, but understandably I don't know because in some fantasy settings like the Disciple game series they can, can the basic undead soldier in the Warhammer World talk? And if so is it the same language as when they were alive or something else?
    No clue about the auto management part, but I can tell you that the basic undead warrior in Warhammer cannot talk, mostly only the very special and powerfull ones can (in their 'living' language).
    Most of the regular undead are basically a corpse animated by a lesser daemon, al they can manage is a groan, rasping noises or a low screech.
    There are some exceptions, but it should be clear that a rotten corpse does not retain the physical means to communicate vocally (namely working vocal cords).
    Last edited by Scipio praeditus; January 16, 2010 at 07:15 PM.
    "The only question that remained was whether the founders knew the final result of their creation, or if they themselves where the victims of a misunderstanding.
    In the latter case it was the duty of any thinking human, to press himself into the front of this depraved movement, to perhaps still prevent the extreme, in the former case the founders of this peoples disease must have been true devils; for only in the brain of a monster - not of a human - could the plan for an organisation take meaningfull form, whose purpose must lead toward the end result of a collapse of human culture and thus to the desolation of the world.
    In this case only battle remained as a means of final delivery, battle with any weapons that the human mind, intellect and will are able to comprehend, regardless, of whom fate would gift with it's blessing."

Laetus

Unless refering to the old Warhammer Dark Omen game where the skeleton captain raspelly but quietly said "Charge".

Also while on the subject is it possible to modify the data files to make core buildings destructible? Sometimes I take a city and the enemy gets to it before me and upgrades it and depending on the level upgraded to I cannot change it again so sometimes I'm stuck with cities that have for example Chaos core structures. I cannot abide such abominations in my empire (depending on who I'm playing as).

I'm going to try to use auto-management on several of my settlements. I have just about twenty settlements, or maybe over that now, and the management is becoming a pain.

Another issue is that my main bases are at the very south of the Empire, and that is where my most developed cities are located. It's made it difficult to wage war effectively without having a developed base closer to the front. Ah well.
    Total War Live Commentary: Click Here
    De Bello Mundi: Greek City States
    Third Age Total War: Arnor with MOS
    M&B: Warband: A Clash of Kings
    M&B: Warband: Gekokujo

Automanagement is viable; If you want to ruin your cities and your economy.

The automanagement will build the wrong buildings and will train the wrong or too much units. This will drain your economy fast.

Really, you should take the "time" to manage your cities yourself. It`s like 3 clicks every 3 or 4 turns.. If you don`t have the time to do this, you shoulnd`t play turn based games.
    Last edited by Lordinquisitor; January 17, 2010 at 09:56 AM.

It's not that I don't have the time. I can sit there all day if I had to. It's just I was hoping there was a easier way because after a while it becomes a pain...

Valiant Champion's Avatar Praepositus

I always get the occasional riot even though before the turn ends the settlement shows the happiness level more than safe.

So I have to manually manage them. This has happened even when I put the settlement on growth policy as at the end of turn sometimes the AI will reset the construction policy to something else.

And that is only automanaging for taxes and retraining purposes. If you use automanage even with auto-recruit off the AI will retrain your troops for you.

BETTER PIKES
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...2#post16143112

THE PIKE WARS HAVE BEGUN!