Thread: dark elf campaign - CTD when viewing settlement

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Default dark elf campaign - CTD when viewing settlement

Hi all,

I was playing dark elf campaign and truely enjoying it (with no CTD until then), then suddenly on turn 41; clicking on Dark Elves Camp settlement made the game to CTD (no explanation of the error in the systems log, just unspecified error, although the log is set on trace = yes). The game won't even reload...
    I tried to re-apply again all translations + hotfix, and now the game can load, but every time i click on this settlement, i get a CTD, otherwise the game run fine.

Any Help appreciated.

Cheers,
    Cédric.
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

hick09's Avatar Miles

Default Re: dark elf campaign - CTD when viewing settlement

the fix improves the work of saves. It means that the problem is in the translation. See your log.

Patrician Citizen

My log doesn't seem to point me out in the right direction, concerning the missing translations.
    Maybe i should try a full russian version and see if it passes through.

Right now i have re-installed translated text 1.01 + latest hotfix 1.02 + translated text 1.02.
    I even tried to re-apply hotfix 1.02 afterward and it does not change anything.
    Last edited by cedric37; March 04, 2010 at 08:06 AM.
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

hick09's Avatar Miles

voila, translation 1.02 isn't appropriate to the hotfix, because it doesn't include new file about new province.

Patrician Citizen

Ok i have re-applied 1.02 hotfix text files and still the same CTD (only when clicking on this 1 settlement and i clicked on it many times before no problems...), can you upload a full text folder in russian my friend ?

PS: And my system log does not display any error at all.... weird.
    Last edited by cedric37; February 09, 2010 at 09:58 AM.

Patrician Citizen

Hmmm, i have re-installed the patch 1.02 on another folder, then cut and paste the russian text folder on my folder, and now it is in russian, but i still get the CTD when clicking on Dark Elves Camp. The last thing i remember is that i built dirt roads there; since i did that i gat the CTD. Or maybe no link between the 2 (i have other dirt roads elsewhere).

Patrician Citizen

I think i got it; it happens as soon as i get squalour in a DE settlement:

This data/ui/pips/pip_squalour.tga is missing and so is unpacked from data_2.pack but this pack does not exist!
    I am now unpacking with unpack_teutonic tool, hope it will works...

Patrician Citizen

FYI i had 1300 lines like those before CTD in system log file (before messing up everything):

18:14:51.281 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/teutonic/data/ui/pips/pip_squalour.tga
    18:14:51.281 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/ui/pips/pip_squalour.tga,,not found
    18:14:51.281 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_2.pack,data/ui/pips/pip_squalour.tga,1068
    18:14:51.281 [system.io] [info] open: found data/ui/pips/pip_squalour.tga (from: packs/data_2.pack)
    18:14:51.281 [system.io] [trace] pack data(),,data/ui/pips/pip_squalour.tga,,,1068
    18:14:51.281 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/ui/pips/pip_squalour.tga,,,-1068

PS: Ok it proved to be a bad idea, i completly messed up my install. So now i will download full version (not only the patch) and re-install from scratch...
    Last edited by cedric37; January 16, 2010 at 12:08 PM.

Patrician Citizen

Ok the issue was REALLY with this squalour thing. I have found a work-around, by editing the descr_settlements_mechanisms.xml file and forcing the squalour effects to ZERO.
    By doing this, i have no more CTDs, (no more negative squalour effects either, but this is that or not playing my campaign anymore).

I upload the file here if one get the same issue as me.
    Last edited by cedric37; March 04, 2010 at 08:08 AM.