Thread: Unable to recruit Diplomats in v1.02+Hotfix

Default Unable to recruit Diplomats in v1.02+Hotfix

I am 20 turns into a Reikland Campaign but I am unable to recruit Diplomats. In Altdorf there is not a single that enables this Is anyone else having this problem as well?
    @CoW team I am finding v1.02 very stable well done on the patch!
    This mod is uber entertaining except when as the emperor and I reconquer a city fallen to the foul chaos scum I am unable to restor it to its rightful empire ruler or allied ruler...

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: Unable to recruit Diplomats in v1.02+Hotfix

Neither can I. I guess it's to prevent the Human Players from attacking another Empire County without considering the consiquences

GrumpyBean's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by GERMANICUS
    I am 20 turns into a Reikland Campaign but I am unable to recruit Diplomats. In Altdorf there is not a single that enables this Is anyone else having this problem as well?
    @CoW team I am finding v1.02 very stable well done on the patch!
    This mod is uber entertaining except when as the emperor and I reconquer a city fallen to the foul chaos scum I am unable to restor it to its rightful empire ruler or allied ruler...
    You should be able to recruit them if you head to: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\teutonic\data --> export_descr_buildings
    and add the lines in green under the red words like this.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    building city_hall
    {
    levels city_hall_1 city_hall_2 city_hall_3 city_hall_4 city_hall_5
    {
    city_hall_1 city requires factions { eastern_european, southern_european, }
    {
    capability
    {

agent diplomat 0 requires factions { spain, hre, portugal, scotland, sicily, milan, venice, saxons, byzantium, france, }
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { russia, }
    recruit_pool "Knights Innercircle" 1 0.1 1 0 requires factions { spain, hre, portugal, scotland, sicily, milan, venice, saxons, byzantium, france, }
    recruit_pool "Kislev Nobel" 1 0.1 1 0 requires factions { russia, }
    law_bonus bonus 1
    taxable_income_bonus 5
    population_health_bonus bonus 1
    }
    material wooden
    construction 6
    cost 5200
    settlement_min town
    upgrades
    {
    city_hall_2
    }
    }
    city_hall_2 city requires factions { eastern_european, southern_european, }
    {
    capability
    {

agent diplomat 0 requires factions { spain, hre, portugal, scotland, sicily, milan, venice, saxons, byzantium, france, }
    recruit_pool "Knights Innercircle" 1 0.1 1 0 requires factions { spain, hre, portugal, scotland, sicily, milan, venice, saxons, byzantium, france, }
    law_bonus bonus 2
    taxable_income_bonus 10
    population_health_bonus bonus 2
    upgrade_bodyguard 1
    }
    material wooden
    construction 1
    cost 1000
    settlement_min large_town
    upgrades
    {
    city_hall_3
    }
    }
    city_hall_3 city requires factions { eastern_european, southern_european, }
    {
    capability
    {

law_bonus bonus 3
    taxable_income_bonus 15
    population_health_bonus bonus 4
    upgrade_bodyguard 2
    }
    material wooden
    construction 3
    cost 4000
    settlement_min city
    upgrades
    {
    city_hall_4
    }
    }
    city_hall_4 city requires factions { eastern_european, southern_european, }
    {
    capability
    {

law_bonus bonus 4
    taxable_income_bonus 20
    population_health_bonus bonus 5
    upgrade_bodyguard 3
    }
    material stone
    construction 6
    cost 6000
    settlement_min large_city
    upgrades
    {
    city_hall_5
    }
    }
    city_hall_5 city requires factions { southern_european, }
    {
    capability
    {

law_bonus bonus 5
    taxable_income_bonus 25
    population_health_bonus bonus 6
    upgrade_bodyguard 4
    }
    material stone
    construction 12
    cost 9000
    settlement_min huge_city
    upgrades
    {
    }
    }
    }
    plugins
    {
    }
    }

Just Pm me if you have problems!
    Last edited by GrumpyBean; January 15, 2010 at 11:18 PM.
    Very funny and old tale of Mordor. The grass is always greener.
    Epic Tale of Thera, simply a masterpiece . Borissomeone's Tales of Thera.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Thanks for the help GrumpyBean!

+rep for your kindness

I tried out your fix GB and tested it out and works well now Many thanks!

Do you think the CoW team did this intentionally? as a part of game play variation.

Back to my Reiland Campaign first order of business return Salzenmund to the rightful rule of Nordland after purging it of heretics and the unclean after a Slaanesh occupation.

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

to prevent the alliance empire + chaos or orcs

ai did this...

Hail Isilendil!
    Thanks for replying back and confirming the change in v1.02, I do find that without Diplomats it limits maintaining the hereditary lands of the Empire as per faction.
    As Reikland/Emperor I campaign to restore lands lost to Chaos/orcs would the CoW team consider implementing something like this submod done for TATW?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=257051
    I did notice Averland and the Night Goblins became Client kingdoms in my current campaign
    The Emperor was VERY displeased
    Last edited by GERMANICUS; January 17, 2010 at 11:32 PM. Reason: spelling Doh!

Scipio praeditus's Avatar Decanus

Seeing as this is sort of the right subject I thought I'd post the following here:

I followed GrumpyBean's instruction explaining how to add diplomats to a faction, I did it for the orcs in this case like you'll see in the spoiler below:

building great_waaargh
    {
    levels waaargh_1 waaargh_2 waaargh_3
    {
    waaargh_1 requires factions { turks, moors, }
    {
    capability
    {
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { turks, }
    population_growth_bonus bonus 1 requires factions { turks, moors, }
    }
    material wooden
    construction 2
    cost 1600
    settlement_min village
    upgrades
    {
    waaargh_2
    }
    }
    waaargh_2 requires factions { turks, moors, }
    {
    capability
    {
    population_growth_bonus bonus 2 requires factions { turks, moors, }
    }
    material wooden
    construction 8
    cost 3200
    settlement_min town
    upgrades
    {
    waaargh_3
    }
    }
    waaargh_3 requires factions { turks, moors, }
    {
    capability
    {
    population_growth_bonus bonus 3 requires factions { turks, moors, }

It did indeed work, I was able to recruit orcishly named ottoman diplomats.

Now my problem actually is that those diplomats cannot engage anything for diplomatic negotiation, does anyone know how to give them the capability to do so?

I need diplomats because I am about to write an AAR about Orcs, but it is not possible to do it the way I want too if I can't have working diplomats.

Could someone in the know please help me with this, if so I will make sure to rep you into infinity.
    Last edited by Scipio praeditus; January 26, 2010 at 01:40 AM.
    "The only question that remained was whether the founders knew the final result of their creation, or if they themselves where the victims of a misunderstanding.
    In the latter case it was the duty of any thinking human, to press himself into the front of this depraved movement, to perhaps still prevent the extreme, in the former case the founders of this peoples disease must have been true devils; for only in the brain of a monster - not of a human - could the plan for an organisation take meaningfull form, whose purpose must lead toward the end result of a collapse of human culture and thus to the desolation of the world.
    In this case only battle remained as a means of final delivery, battle with any weapons that the human mind, intellect and will are able to comprehend, regardless, of whom fate would gift with it's blessing."

GrumpyBean's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Scipio praeditus View Post
    Seeing as this is sort of the right subject I thought I'd post the following here:

I followed GrumpyBean's instruction explaining how to add diplomats to a faction, I did it for the orcs in this case like you'll see in the spoiler below:

building great_waaargh
    {
    levels waaargh_1 waaargh_2 waaargh_3
    {
    waaargh_1 requires factions { turks, moors, }
    {
    capability
    {
    population_growth_bonus bonus 1 requires factions { turks, moors, }
    }
    material wooden
    construction 2
    cost 1600
    settlement_min village
    upgrades
    {
    waaargh_2
    }
    }
    waaargh_2 requires factions { turks, moors, }
    {
    capability
    {
    population_growth_bonus bonus 2 requires factions { turks, moors, }
    }
    material wooden
    construction 8
    cost 3200
    settlement_min town
    upgrades
    {
    waaargh_3
    }
    }
    waaargh_3 requires factions { turks, moors, }
    {
    capability
    {
    population_growth_bonus bonus 3 requires factions { turks, moors, }

It did indeed work, I was able to recruit orcishly named ottoman diplomats.

Now my problem actually is that those diplomats cannot engage anything for diplomatic negotiation, does anyone know how to give them the capability to do so?

I need diplomats because I am about to write an AAR about Orcs, but it is not possible to do it the way I want too if I can't have working diplomats.

Could someone in the know please help me with this, if so I will make sure to rep you into infinity.
    Ok this is easy Just go here: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\teutonic\data and find a file called "descr_cursor_actions". Open it with notepad and you should see alot of stuff, dont worry it's not complicated at all. scroll down a bit until you see this in the code tags:

All you do is change a few things here and there (its really easy like i said ) Where the red text are, those ones you change. For instance you can see that under "over enemy", default Na tooltip cannot_perform_mission (it might be different in yours, nonetheless you should make these corrections in the same spots): this basically says that you cant perform missions...period(i think). This needs to be changed, so in order to do that replace the red with the green (below the red for convenience). Just go through and make the changes below. The Blue text explains some things and tells you what the letters mean (you can also check it out on the top of the descr_cursor_actions document for reference).

Code:
    selected diplomat {when you select your diplomat and move your cursor over an object, these are what actions you are allowed to carry out}
    {
        over own {Just ignore this whole section, if you mess with this your game might get screwy, but its easy to change if you feel like you need to}
        {
            initial_never_seen                             Mov Mov
            land                        Mov Mov
            sea                                Na Na                                tooltip characters_cannot_go_on_sea
            army                                Mer* (S) Mer (S)
            admiral                                Em*  (S) Em  (S)                                tooltip embark_character
            diplomat                                S  (S) S (S)
            princess                                S  (S) S (S)
            merchant                                S  (S) S (S)
            priest                                S  (S) S (S)
            heretic                                S  (S) S (S)
            witch                                S  (S) S (S)
            inquisitor                                S  (S) S (S)
            spy                                S  (S) S (S)
            assassin                                S  (S) S (S)
            family                                S  (S) S (S)
            settlement                                G* (S) G  (S)                                tooltip enter_settlement
            fort                                G* (S) G  (S)                                tooltip enter_fort
            rally_point                                Mov
            naval_rally_point                                Na Na                                tooltip characters_cannot_go_on_sea
            garrisoned_settlement                                G*  (S) G  (S)                                tooltip enter_settlement
            garrisoned_fort                                G*  (S) G  (S)                                tooltip enter_fort
            garrisoned_ship                                Em* (S) Em (S)                                tooltip embark_character
            sieged_settlement                                S                                tooltip cannot_enter_sieged_settlement
            sieged_fort                                S                                tooltip cannot_enter_sieged_fort
            garrisoned_dock                                Mer* (S) Mer (S)
            port                                Mov
            dock                                Na    
        }
        over enemy
        {
            default                                Na                                tooltip cannot_perform_mission
            default Na

land                                Mov Mov
            sea                                Na Na                                tooltip characters_cannot_go_on_sea
            army                                Na Na                                tooltip cannot_diplomacy_mission { Na = this means not available; cant carry out this specific action } 
            army                                TB Na                                tooltip diplomacy_mission { TB = this means that you can talk/bribe armies; basically initiate the normal diplomacy menu with bribe enabled}
            diplomat                                Na Na                                tooltip cannot_diplomacy_mission
            diplomat                                T Na                                tooltip diplomacy_mission { T = this means you can just talk to characters/armies/settlements; initiating the diplomacy window without bribery } 
            princess                                Na Na                                tooltip cannot_diplomacy_mission
            princess                                T Na                                tooltip diplomacy_mission
            family                                Na Na                                tooltip cannot_diplomacy_mission
             family                                T Na                                tooltip diplomacy_mission
            settlement                                Na Na                                tooltip cannot_diplomacy_mission
             settlement                                T Na                                tooltip diplomacy_mission
            fort.                                Na Na                                tooltip cannot_diplomacy_mission
             fort                                T Na                                tooltip diplomacy_mission
            naval_rally_point                                Na Na                                tooltip characters_cannot_go_on_sea
            garrisoned_settlement                                Na Na                                tooltip cannot_diplomacy_mission
            garrisoned_settlement                                TB Na                                tooltip diplomacy_mission
            garrisoned_fort                                Na Na                                tooltip cannot_diplomacy_mission
             garrisoned_fort                                TB Na                                tooltip diplomacy_mission
        }
        over allied
        {
            default                                Na
    { Just do the same thing here as you did above. Just replace the FIRST "Na"'s with "T" or "TB" (look above for reference). }
            land                                Mov Mov
            army                                Na Na                                tooltip cannot_diplomacy_mission
            diplomat                                Na Na                                tooltip cannot_diplomacy_mission
            princess                                Na Na                                tooltip cannot_diplomacy_mission
            family                                Na Na                                tooltip cannot_diplomacy_mission    
            settlement                                Na Na                                tooltip cannot_diplomacy_mission
            fort                                Na Na                                tooltip cannot_diplomacy_mission
            garrisoned_settlement                                Na Na                                tooltip cannot_diplomacy_mission
            garrisoned_fort                                Na Na                                tooltip cannot_diplomacy_mission
        }
    }
    This is VERY monotonous so just bear with it. Just in-case you're wondering why i didn't attach my file with all the changes in place i have two reasons: 1: Ooops and 2: it doesnt hurt to learn a bit of modding a file (even though it's not that exciting)

Hope this Helps!!! (sorry if it's too much)
    Last edited by GrumpyBean; January 27, 2010 at 01:56 AM. Reason: added some things & removed dots
    Very funny and old tale of Mordor. The grass is always greener.
    Epic Tale of Thera, simply a masterpiece . Borissomeone's Tales of Thera.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Can delete, wrong thread.
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; January 27, 2010 at 07:33 AM.

Scipio praeditus's Avatar Decanus

The way you explained it there's nothing monotonous about it, takes just a minute at most.
    My diplomats work now.

There is just one thing, in the "descr_cursor_actions" file I've got, the part concerning allies was already changed that way, the only thing that wasn't changed is the quoted part bellow.

over enemy
    {
    default Na tooltip cannot_perform_mission
    default Na
    So I decided to refrain from removing the "tooltip cannot_perform_mission" line in the "over enemy" part, and tried it out.

The diplomats can engage, but I'm wondering if not changing that line will affect anything?

Anyway, thanks for your excellent help, whenever I've spread my rep sufficiently you'll get some, for as long as I will remain on the TWC.
    "The only question that remained was whether the founders knew the final result of their creation, or if they themselves where the victims of a misunderstanding.
    In the latter case it was the duty of any thinking human, to press himself into the front of this depraved movement, to perhaps still prevent the extreme, in the former case the founders of this peoples disease must have been true devils; for only in the brain of a monster - not of a human - could the plan for an organisation take meaningfull form, whose purpose must lead toward the end result of a collapse of human culture and thus to the desolation of the world.
    In this case only battle remained as a means of final delivery, battle with any weapons that the human mind, intellect and will are able to comprehend, regardless, of whom fate would gift with it's blessing."