Thread: Installation 1.02 not working

Albedoc's Avatar Foederatus

Default Installation 1.02 not working

Ok, I've followed all your steps:

- I've deleted the teutonic file where I have the 1.01 version
    - I've downloaded the 4 files of the 1.02 version from the topic
    - I've downloaded the installer posted by shredder, and then I've run it in the usual folder where I have my Kingdoms.exe (that is C://Programmi/SEGA/Medieval II Total War)
    - I've put the sounds and translation files
    - Then I've overwritten the files with the 1.02 hotfix
    - I run the game, there is some loading with the "Call of Warhammer" screen but then it crashes...

I've also installed the 1.5 patch for Kingdoms, someone can help me?

Albedoc's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Installation 1.02 not working

Problem fixed using the suggestion of the other topic! Sorry for bothering you!

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

No problem. Everyone deserves to try this mod, and I will help them in anyway possible

I redownloaded 1.02 patch 3 times from hotfile, but everytime i run Setup_Call_of_Warhammer_1_02.exe i must choose Russian or English language, no matter what i choose (with antivirus NOT running) i get Setup/Uninstall has encountered a problem and needs to close

same problem

Now I downloaded 1.02 full install from hotfile unpacked 7zips into Setup_Call_of_Warhammer_1_02.exe,Setup_Call_of_Warhammer_1_02-1.bin, Setup_Call_of_Warhammer_1_02-2.bin BUT AGAIN everytime i run Setup_Call_of_Warhammer_1_02.exe i must choose Russian or English language, no matter what i choose (with antivirus NOT running) i get Setup/Uninstall has encountered a problem and needs to close. I tried this on two computers with different operating systems and antiviruses / turned off. Help me someone please!!!

Citizen

Look here, it has all the links you need for installing Warhammer. It includes the original installer for 1.02. If you follow the instructions exactly, and download all of the necessary files, the game will run without problems for you.

I am glad you are trying to help! but u should read my post up there so you can find out for yourself, that i am on SAME installation error on your point 4!!! downloaded that patch 3 times already!!! 4th time now solves BIG FAT NOTHING

Can someone PLEASE upload 7z, rar or zip version of patch without installation ? / target install somewhere else and pack it
    Last edited by alexej; January 23, 2010 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Hopeless

Citizen

Which one are you downloading?

The ful version here

Or the patch to 1.01 here?

It sounds like to me that you are installing the full version .exe. Also, make sure you delete the entire teutonic folder after you uninstall. That may be causing the problem.

Ou, full download 1.02 didnt worked nor 1.02 standalone patch posted by Shredder. Ill try this fileswap link of yours...
    was using http://hotfile.com/dl/23920355/ffa4f..._1_02.exe.html link before

Citizen

Improtant question, do you have any other mods? And do you have kingdoms version 1.5?

Nevermind friend, everything is working ok with that fileswap link patch of yours! i am allmost sure your point 4. in install order was pointing on shredder`s hotfile patch before, which isn`t the same because your works for me! I want to thank you (+rep), and want to apologize if i were rude or impatient before. You do great work here to help, thx man.

edit : ou cant rep you now, i will not forget to rep you everytime it will be available for me

Citizen

No problem alexj And thanks for the eventual rep And you didn't sound annoyed to me, so don't worry about it

Ozzmosis's Avatar Domesticus

Hi. I have installed patch 1.01, the music and 1.02 patches, and it starts up, plays campaign and custom battles fine. However, When I try to install the hotfix, the game doesn't even start. After reinstalling 1.02, I saw that there was nothing pertaining to the Dark elves, either in the campaign or in custom battles. I re-dowloaded patch 1.02, twice from two different sources, yet nothing changed. There must be some problem with the installer or something is preventing the dark elves, so that when the hotfix is installed, some files are changed that are not compatible and it fails miserably.

Citizen

Did you make sure you set the installer to your medieval 2 directory (C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)! The 1.02 installer set it to (C:\Program Files\Medieval II Total War), which is completely the wrong path for most users.

Ozzmosis's Avatar Domesticus

Thank you, Mr Pilgrim, for your ever speedy responses, however I am sure that all my files are in the right places. I always check what's in whatever directory, and I am sure that all my M2 things are in C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War, and the installer, as default, put them in their place.
    It's quite strange, I have been playing an orc campaign rather successfully, and everything works, but there are no dark elves! I even saw the names of Dark Elves' units during installation!

Citizen

You might want to delete your teutonic folder and follow the instructions here.