Thread: The Magic button

Default The Magic button

So, there seems to be a button in this game, decided by my computer, that does five things after one press:

1) open the console
    2) Toggle settlement names
    3) Toggle Character names
    4) Mute audio
    5) Load the last autosave (or quicksave, I can't remember which).

On my first laptop, this button was the button that enabled/disabled the track pad. On my new laptop, it is when I press Fn + F11, which just happens to be the volume down button. It is really annoying that I can't change my computer volume while playing this game. I was wondering if anyone out there has encountered this problem before, and if there is a way to disable this.

Thank you for any input!

Default Re: The Magic button

Quote Originally Posted by jester17 View Post
    So, there seems to be a button in this game, decided by my computer, that does five things after one press:

1) open the console
    2) Toggle settlement names
    3) Toggle Character names
    4) Mute audio
    5) Load the last autosave (or quicksave, I can't remember which).

On my first laptop, this button was the button that enabled/disabled the track pad. On my new laptop, it is when I press Fn + F11, which just happens to be the volume down button. It is really annoying that I can't change my computer volume while playing this game. I was wondering if anyone out there has encountered this problem before, and if there is a way to disable this.

Thank you for any input!
    Do you have a wireless keyboard or mouse on that system? If so it could be that the shell is being inadvertently activated - it's a known issue. Look here for more details. Good luck!
    Piss Poor Tech Support of Last Resort