Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Mare Nostrum (Roman time frame mod) >>> FIRST PREVIEW RELEASED <<<

Default Mare Nostrum (Roman time frame mod) >>> FIRST PREVIEW RELEASED <<<

This mod is a continuation or re-activation of previous project "ceasar wars" http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=216139 , this mod will focus on control of the mediterranic sea from the fall of carthage (2d punic war onto gallic wars and death of ceasar).

For now is will be just few factions:

mediterranic culture
    - rome
    - carthage

barbarian culture
    - Gallic tribes
    - Lusitans
    - Gaetae
    - Sueboz

Greek Culture
    - Makedonia
    - Seleucids

Map:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This map is on very early stages of development, also ignore 270 bc , new date will be 218 bc !

Credits:
    - Gigantus

Units:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Credits:
    - Ferres, Godzilla (romans)
    - Halie Satanus (greek shields)
    - Variag Skins and Models (models and skins)

** units also contain new model parts and some re-skins made by me, but all credits goes the people listed above.

If you want to help, this mod is accepting people for all areas of modding, but before join make sure you've free time and sent some previous works via private message, everyone is welcome
    Last edited by Ataegina; August 21, 2010 at 03:27 PM. Reason: faction/date updated
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Default Re: Mare Nostrum (Roman time frame mod)

Looks good, I wish I had a 3D designer for my Guild Wars Total War mod...

How does this differ from EB2? Anyhow, looks cool.
    "Oh no! Uzbeks have drunk my battery fluid!"

well first is different and small time frame, secondly is much more reduced in factions, covers a specific region, so is small regional mod

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

Wow, excellent work!

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

Good luck on this

thanks

i will keep it updated as new stuff gets complete or new members joins !

Factions to add: Utica, Germanica, Helvetti, Hispania, Greece ( or you can divide them up into city states ), Dacia, Thracia, Scythia, Nubidia. I might think of more soon.

You may also decide to divide galica into different provinces.
    Last edited by Russian Gondor; January 15, 2010 at 04:28 PM.

nice list, look good =)

well for start we need start with faction leader/heir , closer family members

but keep up the nice work (+rep)

Thanks for rep

I would also like to know how punctual you are. If you will just add random generals in the time period or want them in direct order with exact dates.

Also you said 146 BC but I think the 2nd punic wars were coming to an end then, not the 3rds, or am I wrong?

Gaul Generals: Betuitdus 121 BC

Roman Generals: Cn.Domitius 121 BC
    Q. Fabius Maximus 121 BC

I will keep adding more and more to this post.
    Last edited by Russian Gondor; January 15, 2010 at 04:50 PM.

well the mod starts after fall of carthage on third punic war 149-46 and the conflict with remains of the old superpowers (greeks)

ProdigalSon's Avatar Foederatus

For that timeframe you shouldn't have Seleucids in this map. They had no lands in Asia Minor after 190bc. Pergamum, Pontus, Macedon, Achaean League, Bithynia, Rhodes, Bosphoran Kingdom and Massilia could be some greek/hellinistic factions still around, with the first five being the most powerful.

By "after fall of carthage on third punic war 149-46" you mean it's gona start like 146 with no carthage? If then no Macedon as well (it got conquered in 147) and Achaean League in 146. It would be interesting to start it like 150-149 and include all these 3 factions. Else Rome will have too much starting lands.

On the rest of factions i agree with those mentioned, maybe you could also add some Illyrian tribe too.
    Hey Moral Soldier you've got righteous proclamations,
    And precious tomes to fuel your pulpy conflagrations.

well the info and concept needs to be worked out, for now is just sketch so its pretty much open for suggestions

Now, I wish to plan the factions out:

Factions: Rome, Germanica, Utica, Hispania, Corinth, Athens, Sparta, Syracuse, Nubidia, Gallic Tribes, Lusitans, Gaetae, Sueboz, Dacia, Thracia, Scythia.

I will give you more generals tomorrow.

I need your approval for the loading screen I sent you. If you like the side layout I will make more.
    Last edited by Russian Gondor; January 15, 2010 at 09:49 PM.

well list sounds great, but lets keep it short on factions number for now

best option for now is push date back to 200 bc and added carthage and make both makedonia and seleucids fitted on time frame, yes loading screen looks good

Why don't me just make a rome total war 2?

or shogun total war 2. it is in high demmand and I know my asian history well.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Gondor View Post
    Why don't me just make a rome total war 2?

or shogun total war 2. it is in high demmand and I know my asian history well.
    that would a a huge project and would require many people in all areas to have chance to survive, would take years and also theres EB2 so pretty much will be rtw2, awhile this project is small scale and focused on the factions and events punic wars -fall of republic .

this doesnt mean after this project is released that this mod will not one day be full scale mod with whole europe and alot more factions. but is better now go easy and after see how things goes if added more factions or not, also the map was designed for this campaign

Alright, we will go easy now and after we are done maybe me and you can think of a bigger grander mod.

P.S. I sent you 8 loading screens. Tell me if more are needed. I can also work on the logo.

Anyways see you tomorrow, time to take a snooze. Tomorrow I will work at it on a grander scale.

One last thing, do not forget to add my name in preview

So talk to you tomorrow and good luck with those units. If you teach me how to do 3D modelling I can help you.
    Last edited by Russian Gondor; January 15, 2010 at 11:06 PM.

Stephan's Avatar Campidoctor

i like the idea to push the starting date back
    maybe we should think about adding dacia, they would fill the north eastern part of the map

Yes, I know that Ishtar is spelled wrong

Dacia will be added except we need to take it slowly. It is best to have one big plan and then redraw it into pieces. So let us say map 1 piece, roma + carthage, 2 piece, and on and on.

For now I will be focusing on rome and carthage. Also, Ataegina, do you mind if I steal a few generals from RTW? I truly find research challenging. Easiest way to research is to learn about battles and then to see what generals fought them. So today I will dedicate my time sorely to the mod.

List of cities to add: Arretium, Ariminum, Segesta, Patavium, Mediolanium, Capua, Tarentium, Croton, Messana, Lilybaeum, Syracuse, Caralis, Thapsus, Lepcis, Mogna Cirta, Dimmidi, Tingi, Corduba, Carthage Nova, Osca, Lemonum, Narbo Martius, Massilia, Lugdunum, Alesia, Trier, Mogontiacum, Iuvavum, Lovosice, Aquincum, Segestica, Apollonia, Salona, Bytazora, Thessalonica, Larissa, Thermon, Athens, Corinth, Sparta, Kydonia, Byzantium, Rhodes, Halicarnassus, Pergamum, Nicomedia, Sardis.

I would also recommend to push back the date to 270 BC for it will make the family tree search 100% easier and 100% more accurate.

Also, is that enough loading screens or should I make more?

Also, would you like me to make faction banners?
    Last edited by Russian Gondor; January 16, 2010 at 10:28 AM.

Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast