Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Roz's Beta 0.70 2TPY/PSF/all town/ mod for RC/RR compilation with stone fort installer.

Default Re: Roz's Beta 0.4 2TPY/PSF/all town/ mod for RC/RR compilation with stone fort installer.

You prob already know this but here's an update on my English (VH/Vh) Campaign. Turn 118

The following factions have over 100000 in funds.

England (Me), Leon, Sicily, Genova, Danemark, Portugal, Poland, Aragon, Norway.

All other factions are a zero or near it.

Default Re: Roz's Beta 0.4 2TPY/PSF/all town/ mod for RC/RR compilation with stone fort installer.

I found one minor error, I think. Poland isn't listed as being able to build the Marksman Range. (They were listed as being able to recruit from it, but not able to build it.)

I'm at T49 and the territories are pretty even, no drastic changes and every faction is alive.

HRE, Venice, cumans, turks, crusader states, and kiev are bankrupt (or near it).
    I don't always talk in tautologies, but when I do, I talk in tautologies.

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

I 'm afraid i have nothing to report .I haven't had time to resume my campaign this week ,in fact haven't played for about two weeks .Assignment to hand in ,now got to go to work but this evenning .I PLAY !

Signature made by Joar

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

ACO

well spotted - can't say I understand the current logic behind which factions get the higher levels of archery ranges.
    will change to making them available to all factions - I'm sure they can all recruit something at every level.
    (if not I'll make sure they do (eventually!))

Did a quick analysis of turks with added farms and no wall bonuses for T1 and T10 to see where their money comes from.
    overall by staying at peace and developing markets and farms I managed to increase their income from 18971fl to 22454fl - and that was with a poor harvest in T10.
    I stayed at normal tax level and increased merchant trade from 0 - 871fl (and that will increase as caralampio's bonuses kick in.)
    mining went from 0 - 156fl
    trade generally went from 2672 - 3794fl
    taxes from 7859 - 8539fl
    farming only increased from 5360 - 5740fl due to poor harvest in T10.
    trade routes stayed the same throughout - but getting trade agreement with crusades meant an increase from 142 -317fl

a lot of turk settlements are limited early on by the surrounding slave regions with which they are at war, so cannot trade.
    (maybe if they started at peace their economy would expand more quickly - but that would only last until they attacked their first slave settlement.)
    alliances proved v. difficult to get on VH - but Khwarezm agreed so that will help as long as it holds.
    but makes no difference to trade as there are slave regions in between.

Iconium is the biggest earner because of its port and trade with jerusalem.

getting trade with byzantium increased trade income with trebizond and nicaea.

one can see that war with byz and crusaders is going to really hurt the turks.

(I'll transfer some of the baghdad and basra garrisons to ankara and iconium to help deter byzantine agression.)
    I bolstered then with reinforcements and it seemed to work - Byz went through turk land to capture Adana!)

Be interesting to see what difference starting all factions at peace with slave faction makes to their economies and strategy.
    (But that's for another time.)
    I'll put back some of the population in baghdad I removed to help with order issues, that should increase taxable income.

So to do: move wall bonus back to T1, double from T100.
    check archery ranges for faction unit recruitment.

and then release v0.5beta.

Imagine if you could not mod Total War games, OH THE HORROR of the vanilla game!

LOL !!!

Hmm - I may be going beyond my ability here, but is it a simple job to give holks and cogs to norway and denmark ?
    (they replaced longships and dragon boats during the 12th century)

I've made them available after the first_rudder event, (year 80 in the events file.)
    I've made them buildable in the EDB and given them ownership in the EDU.
    I've moved the unit .tga to denmark (norway already had them.)

do we have to anything to make them use the right textures on the campaign map?
    I suspect there's some text needs doing as well?

(and when are are going to be able to remove all trace knights_templar in the game - looks like a big job for someone?
    until they're totally removed we can't add another faction.)

------

the archery and stables ranges etc I've made buildable by all factions - I'm not sure why they were restricted - any ideas?

and i really must fix the _royal_armoury problem.

apart from those, the changes mentioned earlier look positive, but as ever, early days yet and until i have the boats sorted I won't be doing any big tests.

wolfslayer's Avatar Senator

Now you just need entries in descr_models_strat.txt, and the tga's in ui/units and unit_info..

They might already be there, I would take out the time event temporarily and see if they can build and they display ..

type macedon_admiral
    skeleton strat_navy
    indiv_range 40
    texture denmark, models_strat/textures/navy_cog.tga
    texture slave, models_strat/textures/navy_cog.tga
    texture norway, models_strat/textures/navy_cog.tga
    model_flexi models_strat/navy_cog.cas, max
    shadow_model_flexi models_strat/navy_roman_shadow.cas, max

holks and cogs both use the cog.cas

Viewing and editing MTW2 textures with MWthumb and DXTbmp

wolfslayer - many thanks for that!

so from v0.5 beta norway and denmark can have cogs and holks after 1180.
    I've made a note on the unit description text that their days are numbered - that's if anyone ever reads the unit descriptions!

Now to do the royal_armoury bug and that's enough messing around for this week.
    Done.

(maybe next week I learn how to do interactive events for the government buildings!)

Here's the change log for v0.5 - let me know if I've missed anything.
    or if there's anything urgent needs attending to.:

Changes since v0.4
    ------------------

wolfslayer has released his improved version of se_fort_i, the giant fortress.

Added cogs and holks to norway and denmark after 1180 (first rudder event.)
    Lots of tweaks, adjustments to resource locations, added a few locations for existing resources.
    Added farms to all large_towns, farms+1 to cities. removed farms from towns.
    Changed some small large_towns to towns, bumped a few big towns to large_towns.
    Added a few corn_exchanges.
    Moved a few forts around to spread them out further apart.
    Corrected a few errors that had crept in in earlier versions.
    Corrected royal_armoury error.
    Adjusted wall bonuses to start at T1.
    Halved value of additional king's purse for AI factions.
    Added script that adds family members to AI factions if they have less than 4 heirs.
    Amended some traits, ancilliaries etc.
    Added hidden_resource capital to Gorgan as Khwarezm always seems to change it on T2.
    (and Vilnius to Lithuania as forgot first time.)
    Amended sm_factions file so that Leon_Castile, Aragon, Kievan_Rus and England do not prefer sea invasions.
    Free_upkeep_units for forts increased to 5.
    Last edited by Gorrrrrn; February 05, 2010 at 05:39 PM.

When are you going to put 0.5 up for download? Thanks again!

This has been really great and I've had loads of fun. What all would it take to do this for the late campaign?
    I don't always talk in tautologies, but when I do, I talk in tautologies.

v0.5 going up this weekend - just need to do a little testing before releasing.
    (not that it's possible to test everything in a game as complicated as this.)

there were no errors in system.log last time, but there's always the possibility of monumental ****-ups when I'm doing anything.

oh Crap i'm away from saturday !

Signature made by Joar

OK uploading to download centre. - seems to have arrived OK!

spotted a few more errors that had crept in and which, hopefully, have crept out again.

ACO - so long since I played late campaign.
    so can't give any definite answer.

the all town aspect would need doing from scratch - ie you'd need to get the existing LC EDB and transfer the units into mod EDB (removing old units before you do.)

the map - you could try just using the same locations for forts and the files would install in the same place.

(are there any different factions?)
    I presume there's plenty of territory changes?

you'd have to try the same locations for forts and resources and see if they work.
    as for the map itself - I've not looked at the latest version so have no idea if anything drastic needs doing.

2TPY aspects may need adjustment -again I've no idea if / how much.
    Last edited by Gorrrrrn; February 06, 2010 at 02:28 PM.

Thanks, trying out now.

Default Re: Roz's Beta 0.5 2TPY/PSF/all town/ mod for RC/RR compilation with stone fort installer.

Trying out v0.5beta.

as ever there's various minor issues to fix -
    like putting the fish resources in Norway somewhere from which the norwegians won't continually bump my merchant off.
    (Nb they are not "bumping him off" but just moving an army unit onto the space where the merchant sits every time I put one there.
    I'll try a little further down the coast.)

Overall seems to going well.

Apart from the turks - they've gone mental. they killed the crusaders by T43 and are now set on world domination.
    Their production dipped to virtually nothing for a few turns whilst they concentrated on eliminating the crusaders,
    and then it shot back up to be more than anyone else.
    We'll have to see how that pans out.

As Scotland I have a ton of money - but sacking Cairo helped a bit there!
    Elsewhere - Iberia is pretty much at stalemate, the Portuguese have their corner, L-C theirs , Aragon theirs and the moors theirs.
    Danes taking their time capturing anywhere, HRE doing well in central Europe, Byz holding their own, Sicily have their usual chunk of north africa.
    the Cumans, Khwarezm, Novogord and Kievan_Rus all pretty much as usual.
    England is my ally since T1 and they have big armies and are doing nothing with them for now.

Crusade armies nearly got to cairo before me, (I went by ship so got there first)
    There were Portuguese, Venetian and HRE armies within striking distance, so forts not impeding the movement of armies too much.
    Many other factions joined the crusade but found other uses for their crusade armies.

Default Re: Roz's Beta 0.5 2TPY/PSF/all town/ mod for RC/RR compilation with stone fort installer.

Downloaded and installed ready to go ,off topic abit but where do i finf EDU file

Signature made by Joar

Uploaded stone_fort_g (se_castle),with some alternate faction textures
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

DOWNLOAD HERE 13.2 MB - unzips to ss6 folder

If you want to see these textures in action, start a campaign as the Moors and attack the rebel fort directly north of Silves...
    Last edited by wolfslayer; February 08, 2010 at 09:32 AM.

installed went to play but carnt seem to select a new campaign ?

Signature made by Joar

wolfslayer - as the mod is now hosted at the download center rather than an attachment, there's no big problem with continuing to wrap all the forts and everything else up together.
    I don't think there's any problem with the size of the mod.
    new castle looks excellent - new faction textures will make a big impact once people start seeing them in action!
    ---------
    constantius.

My apologies looks like an error on my part.
    I somehow managed to omit the latest EDU from the download -which explains the query above.

--------------
    new EDU is in the v.051 download - apologies for missing it out of v0.5.
    Last edited by Gorrrrrn; February 07, 2010 at 06:10 PM.

Roz- you probably don't want your forts negatively impacting the region's resources, you may want to check out these settings in campaign_db:

<misc>
    <allow_resource_forts bool="false"/> <!-- do we allow forts and watchtowers to be built on resource locations -->
    <fort_devastation_distance uint="0"/> <!-- maximum movement point extents for determining devastation tile targets for forts -->
    <army_devastation_distance uint="20"/> <!-- maximum movement point extents for determining devastation tile targets for field armies -->
    <allow_enemy_forts bool="false"/> <!-- do we allow forts to be built in enemy regions -->
    <fort_devastation_modifier float="0"/> <!-- num devastated tiles modifier for forts -->
    <army_devastation_modifier float="1.0"/> <!-- num devastated tiles modifier for field armies -->