Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: EMPIRE TOTAL FLAGS V2.9 IDEAS THREAD

Senator

Default Re: EMPIRE TOTAL FLAGS V2.8 IDEAS THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by liambane View Post
    I suggest you to remake all the flag that you leave from vanilla, also if you remake the same flag:

Having some flag waves and others not waving is a bit strange...

Making ALL THE FLAGS non waving should be better since it's impossible to let the new ones waves.

This choice will let this mod be more "complete" and will hide the vanilla track left by flags unchanged.
    This was already done in 2.8?!
    Look at the changelog ...

Is there anyway to make a trigger effect where the German flag turns to the Imperial German flag http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Fl...man_Empire.svg when you take so many other German regions?

And also, shouldn't the British flag be the original one at the start of game? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Flag_of_England.svg. I realize you won't use the Commonwealth flag or whatever because you hate it, but since you won't use that and it would be a perfect fit, I recommend you use the 2.7 monarchy flag as the republican flag.

How did you choose the Russian republic flag? I have never seen that before.
    Last edited by Emperor Ross; February 01, 2010 at 07:43 AM.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ross View Post
    Is there anyway to make a trigger effect where the German flag turns to the Imperial German flag http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Fl...man_Empire.svg when you take so many other German regions?
    As monarchy flag?
    But then you would have to rename "Prussia" into "German Empire" and if you do so, you'll have to edit some game files and till now ETF is only a re-texturing and not a mod which changes any games files ...

But it would be very cool

JFC's Avatar Lieutenant

And also, shouldn't the British flag be the original one at the start of game? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Flag_of_England.svg. I realize you won't use the Commonwealth flag or whatever because you hate it, but since you won't use that and it would be a perfect fit, I recommend you use the 2.7 monarchy flag as the republican flag.

How did you choose the Russian republic flag? I have never seen that before.
    The British start off with the correct flag as per the vanilla.

With regards to changing faction flags part way through can only be done by those factions that change government type. No0dle is correct in what he/she states.

The Russian Flag actually stemmed from this discussion:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...public&page=11

The issue over the GB Republic Flag will have to be sorted. I do dislike the commonwealth flag, however, I will introduce a poll to finally clear this up.

If you don't like the commonwealth flag:

This flag was used during 1653–1659. It was a period there was no monarch on the throne and so you could speak of a 'republic'.

JFC's Avatar Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Finrod View Post
    If you don't like the commonwealth flag:

This flag was used during 1653–1659. It was a period there was no monarch on the throne and so you could speak of a 'republic'.
    No it wasn't. 1658-1660.

It's now out of my hands:

VOTE: WHICH GB REPUBLIC FLAG
    Last edited by JFC; February 02, 2010 at 11:13 AM.

Ty, was just wondering how that Russian Flag came about. By the way, JFC great flag mods, they are great! +rep
    And, if you guys ever do get into changing files and so forth, I guarantee you if you can get a "German Empire Trigger" it would be awesome and a big hit.

Any chance you can change the Constitutional Monarchy flag to the German Empire's flag? If that is possible, I believe it is the most accurate thing that could be their. The republic flag good though.

Ty, was just wondering how that Russian Flag came about. By the way, JFC great flag mods, they are great! +rep
    And, if you guys ever do get into changing files and so forth, I guarantee you if you can get a "German Empire Trigger" it would be awesome and a big hit.

Any chance you can change the Constitutional Monarchy flag to the German Empire's flag? If that is possible, I believe it is the most accurate thing that could be their. The republic flag good though.
    I think there are only 2 sorts of flags:

-Monarchy flag: constitutional and absolute
    -Republic flag: republic

After doing some research on GB republic flag is have found a naval flag for the Virginia colonists

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I know you don't build any boats in the campaign but I just post it.

And you naval flag for germany should be this one:

Poland republic:

naval

Land:

JFC's Avatar Lieutenant

Finrod:

Again, I appreciate the suggestions, but it's stuff that has been discussed before.
    No boats for Virginia
    No crowns on Polish Republic flags... that just upsets anyone polish.
    Any shape OTHER than rectangle is a no no for the naval flags. Other wise Sweden, Denmark, etc would have the same treatment.

I Noticed Afghanistan hasn't recieved anything new so far. Well in the early 1700s it was within the persian empire, however an uprising in Afghanistan 1709 by the Chief of Ghizali Pashtuns soon led to a new series of rulers in the persian empire called the Hotaki Dynasty. The Pashtuns are often represented by their name written i Diwani calligraphy to a white background:

Since Afghanistan is an emergent nation, this could be inspiration for an alternative to a flag of afghanistan, atleast considering the early 1700s.
    I also found this flag in facebook from a disscussion of Afghan history:

It's not much to go on but it was showed during discussion of the Hotaki Dynasty.

hi i know im a noob but im try to get this flag set. i downloaded it. i put into the data. i went to mod manager but i didnt see it in the checkbox page? what did i do wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by JFC View Post
    Finrod:

Again, I appreciate the suggestions, but it's stuff that has been discussed before.
    No boats for Virginia
    No crowns on Polish Republic flags... that just upsets anyone polish.
    Any shape OTHER than rectangle is a no no for the naval flags. Other wise Sweden, Denmark, etc would have the same treatment.
    Poland is a republic today and its coat of arms is an eagle with a crown, I don't see why this would upset anyone.

Ok, did you un pack it first with winrar?

Quote Originally Posted by lordskater121 View Post
    hi i know im a noob but im try to get this flag set. i downloaded it. i put into the data. i went to mod manager but i didnt see it in the checkbox page? what did i do wrong?
    Did you unpack it with winrar, or did you put the staked books looking folder in data?

JFC's Avatar Lieutenant

Afghanistan?

Semisalis

Definately looks great, i'd love to see it in the mod.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast