Thread: Sound Issue for Third Age-Total War

Default Sound Issue for Third Age-Total War

Okay, after downloading the mod for TATW, I am experiencing no sound of any kind (marching troops, thunder, battle sounds, speech, etc.) while in the campaign or custom battles. I have tried at least 5 different factions...same result. Medieval II-Total War and Kingdoms run just fine...no issue with sound. The mute button while within TATW is not checked and all the audion bars are maxed out to the right. All of my audio drivers and Vista files are up to date....checked that just a bit ago. Yes I am running Vista. Sound is running fine for multiple other games I have and like I metnioned earlier my sound is fine on MIITW and Kingdoms. I have reloaded MIITW and Kingdoms multiple times, re-downloaded the patches up to V1.3 for MIITW and the Kingdoms patch multiple times and re-downloaded TATW Mod multiple times but none of that has worked....same result. I also tried downloading the TATW V1.4 patch just to see if that would clear it up....It did not.

Is there perhaps a patch or mod I am missing that is essential to this working correctly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Baron Samedi's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Sound Issue for Third Age-Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Smash63 View Post
    Is there perhaps a patch or mod I am missing that is essential to this working correctly?
    Nope, but I definitely would suggest you to read this thread, especially since you have Vista:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=261332
    Under the patronage of MasterBigAb

croninsdisease's Avatar Laetus

and what if you are using windows 7 and are having the same exact problem???

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

vista , 7 , 8 same issue

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

See also here, the top part "First step for you to do"; http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...h-pictures-!-)

If it do not fix it I would guess your download have corrupted soundfiles, and then you should redownload TATW

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

riuk881's Avatar Semisalis

while downloading don't do anything else on the internet.
    It's not a question of where it grips it. It's a simple questions of weight ratios; a five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.