Thread: Dwarf CTD - any ideas?

Evil_Ewok's Avatar Tiro
    Secret Submarine Headquarters off the Coast of Guam

Default Dwarf CTD - any ideas?

First off this mod is superb, thanks to all involved in any way.

Now to business. In a nutshell, I get this CTD and the last lines of my logfile are as below. I would attach the whole file but for some reason I can't seem to upload it, the page just hangs...

13:20:50.219 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <SAVAGE_EX> = 0
    13:20:50.219 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <historic_event> at line 30322 in mods/teutonic/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    13:20:50.219 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/teutonic/data/ui/greek/eventpics/SAVAGE_IS_DEAD.tga
    13:20:50.219 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/greek/eventpics/SAVAGE_IS_DEAD.tga.dds
    13:20:50.219 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/greek/eventpics/SAVAGE_IS_DEAD.tga
    13:20:50.220 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/teutonic/data/ui/greek/eventpics/SAVAGE_IS_DEAD.tga.dds
    13:20:50.220 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/teutonic/data/ui/greek/eventpics/SAVAGE_IS_DEAD.tga
    13:20:50.220 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/teutonic/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/SAVAGE_IS_DEAD.tga
    13:20:50.220 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/SAVAGE_IS_DEAD.tga.dds
    13:20:50.220 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/SAVAGE_IS_DEAD.tga
    13:20:50.220 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/teutonic/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/SAVAGE_IS_DEAD.tga.dds
    13:20:50.220 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/teutonic/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/SAVAGE_IS_DEAD.tga
    13:20:50.220 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/teutonic/data/ui/greek/eventpics/historic_event.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    13:20:50.220 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/teutonic/data/ui/greek/eventpics/historic_event.tga.dds
    13:20:50.220 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/teutonic/data/ui/greek/eventpics/historic_event.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    13:20:50.315 [bink] [debug] [mods/teutonic/data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    13:20:50.315 [bink] [debug] [mods/teutonic/data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    13:20:50.657 [system.rpt] [error] Unspecified error. The game will now exit.

Any ideas anyone? Help is much appreciated.

Cheers!

Default Re: Dwarf CTD - any ideas?

It seems someone called Savage died. And that your Historical file did not find a clue for it. What happened in you campaign actually, someone died ? Are you playing with the English translation (I stopped playing with it, it makes your game crash)

Evil_Ewok's Avatar Tiro

Yes, sorry I should have said I'm playing the latest English translation as I don't speak or read Russian.

And yes I killed the Orc Leader of the Savage Boyz when they attacked my Fortress.

I looked for the "SAVAGE_IS_DEAD" file but can't seem to find it. Is it in the original Russian version?

Any ideas on how to get around it, other than not killing him?

Good. But I personnaly do not have a clue, that must be somewhere in the script, only the modders know about it.

it seems you are not alone though. see here :
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=324387

and here :
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=324323

I should be testing it with Russian version soon

Evil_Ewok's Avatar Tiro

Thanks for your replies.

Yes I followed up the campaign script and its in there, line 30322. At least this is the section dealing with the Savage Orcs leaders and what happens when one dies.

So I'm not sure if this is an issue to both language versions, or just the translated English one.

It is annoying though, and obviously makes the game unplayable... great.

Guess I'll sit tight until proper debugging of the script takes place (if it does...)

Evil_Ewok's Avatar Tiro

Ok, I fixed the problem.

It turns out my historic_events.txt file was missing the instructions for that event, so I simply added it back in and it fixed the CTD.

This may work for other CTD's I guess.

Could you maybe copy/paste what was before, and what was after your edit ?

And also tell us if it had something to do with the English translation ... I am most curious...

Thank you in advance mate

Evil_Ewok's Avatar Tiro

My historic_events.txt was missing the following:

{SAVAGE_IS_DEAD_BODY}Savage Boyz Boss is dead. Orcs won't be able to hire Savage Boyz until the toughest and the meanest new leader will emerge. Already existing units will disband in order to take part in the succession fight.
    {SAVAGE_IS_DEAD_TITLE}Savage Boyz Boss is dead

So I took it from an earlier version (don't know which one) and pasted it into mine and it worked. I think it must be specific to the latest English translation as I've only added them in.

Curiously, I now have another CTD after defeating the Night Goblin horde that arrives to attack me. My log file is not as obvious on this one but I'll post here if I can fix this on too.

Hope that helps.