Thread: The Conquests of Trajan 1.6 released !

dre123's Avatar Miles

Default The Conquests of Trajan 1.6 released !

Hi everyone, just wanted to get the message out that this mod is now released, I apologise for taking so long, I would very much appreciate it if you could take a look at the mod and give feedback, thanks.......

The Reign of Trajan 1.6[0] BETA
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=2705
    Remember the Conquests of Trajan/Reign of Trajan mods ?

I'm back to create the ultimate work, I'm picking up where I left off, and now this mod will grow to its real potential.

Andrei Borisov (dre123)

Parzival2211's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: The Conquests of Trajan 1.6 released !

Sounds very interesting. It's great that you are filling this gap - I mean there haven't been many mods on actual historical campaigns. +rep

I feel that, in general, that the only way to make TW games challenging (as long as the AI is not up to the task) is to create special campaigns that can only be played with 1 faction (tiered to making it difficult for it by giving bigger armies, more money, more settlements to the AI opponents).

Finch's Avatar is Deadpool
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

is this modfoldered or will overwrite any vanilla files?

dre123's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Coma View Post
    is this modfoldered or will overwrite any vanilla files?
    Still working on the mod folder, at the moment, it is compatible only with fresh installation of RTW 1.5 (BI 1.6 must also be included).

I'm back to create the ultimate work, I'm picking up where I left off, and now this mod will grow to its real potential.

Andrei Borisov (dre123)

Great mod and idea!! In "read me" you said that if there is any typos or historical inaccurasies you want them to be corrected.

Well here is few minor typos (cities):

-"Philipopolis" --> Philippopolis
    -"Sirminum" --> Sirmium
    -"Vindobonna" --> Vindobona
    -"Augusta Trevorum" --> Augusta Treverorum
    -"Cartago" --> Carthago
    -"Antiocha" --> Antioch
    -"Nisbis" --> Nisibis
    -"Sarminsegatuza" --> Sarmizegethusa (wrong place btw, you can see correct place from here. Its in finnish but you can see the city place)
    -"Porolisium" --> Porolissum

I noticed also that Germania Superior is controlled by Germanic tribes and its in wrong position. You can see the correct place from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Roman_Empire_125.svg

Also the area between Upper Rhine and Upper Danube (Agri Decumates) should be under Roman control. It was conquered by Flavian Emperors (Vespasian I think). You can see the area in map above and here.

EDIT: The description for the main campaign is little inaccurate. Nerva was not murdered by Casperius Aelianus. He died of natural causes.

Good luck! +rep
    Last edited by Praefectus praetorio; January 19, 2010 at 05:50 AM.

dre123's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Praefectus praetorio View Post
    Great mod and idea!! In "read me" you said that if there is any typos or historical inaccurasies you want them to be corrected.

Well here is few minor typos (cities):

-"Philipopolis" --> Philippopolis
    -"Sirminum" --> Sirmium
    -"Vindobonna" --> Vindobona
    -"Augusta Trevorum" --> Augusta Treverorum
    -"Cartago" --> Carthago
    -"Antiocha" --> Antioch
    -"Nisbis" --> Nisibis
    -"Sarminsegatuza" --> Sarmizegethusa (wrong place btw, you can see correct place from here. Its in finnish but you can see the city place)
    -"Porolisium" --> Porolissum

I noticed also that Germania Superior is controlled by Germanic tribes and its in wrong position. You can see the correct place from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Roman_Empire_125.svg

Also the area between Upper Rhine and Upper Danube (Agri Decumates) should be under Roman control. It was conquered by Flavian Emperors (Vespasian I think). You can see the area in map above and here.

EDIT: The description for the main campaign is little inaccurate. Nerva was not murdered by Casperius Aelianus. He died of natural causes.

Good luck! +rep
    Thanks for the advice - I will be sure to include them in the next version.....thanks + rep

Andrei Borisov (dre123)

Hi again! Here is few suggestions:

Can you increase the scale of the Dacia and Parthia campaigns? Larger areas and more cities would be very interesting. And - if you have time - you could add more factions to Parthia campaign, expecially Kingdom of Osroene. It was Syriac kingdom ruled by Abgar VII and was allied to Rome at the beginning of Trajan's campaign against Parthia. But later it revolted against Rome and Trajans's general Lusius Quietus captured and sacked the capital of the kingdom, Edessa.

You could also add more historical persons, such as general Lusius Quietus he fought both in Dacian and Parthian Wars. Gnaeus Pompeius Longinus, governor of Moesia Superior (93-96/97 AD), then governor of Pannonia to 98. He was captured by Dacians during second Dacian war (105-106) but he managed to do suicide in captivity. Manius Laberius Maximus, etc.

EDIT: I also get this error when I quit the game:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Praefectus praetorio; January 22, 2010 at 04:05 AM.

Hi,

I have recently tried again to run Reign of Trajan, but I keep getting the following error message at startup, followed by CTD:

"Error: Filename doesn't exist: data/animations/SG01 idle 01.cas"

Has anyone else experienced this, is there a fix? It's very frustrating, because the Trajan period is one I especially want to simulate - for me one of the main flaws with RTW is that one must start almost at the founding of Rome, instead of during one of the more developed periods in Rome's history.

Thanks

Mike

Continue this discussion here, it's a duplicate thread. Closed.