Thread: Anyone here know how to Extract the sound date from the game Warhammer mark of chaos?

Default Anyone here know how to Extract the sound date from the game Warhammer mark of chaos?

Anyone here know how to Extract the sound date from the game Warhammer mark of chaos?

Sry for the long title the reason i ask is that own Warhammer mark of chaos and battlemarch and in thoese game i think there are all the sound and voices to cover all the units in this great mod.

But i tried looking at the folder in wich my game is and i cant find the sound folder i think its in one of the date packs that is in the main folder.

Its data format is ORK-File and i have no clue on how to open them.

If anyone here knows how plz tell me because i wanna add all the voices n stuff from Warhammer mark of chaos to my own game. Would rly beef up the feeling

Some kids like to pee there names on the snow in winter... Chuck Norris can pee his name into solid concrete!

Chuck Norris doesn't have to shape his hair... It stays in shape out of sheer fear.

A snake once bit Chuck. After five days of extreme pain... The snake died.

PSIHOPAT's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Anyone here know how to Extract the sound date from the game Warhammer mark of chaos?

Check this...may be helpfull
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ound+extractor

Also if you have another plans...maybe this collection of work from one skilled person,may help you
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downloads.php
    Last edited by PSIHOPAT; January 13, 2010 at 02:15 AM.

Default Re: Anyone here know how to Extract the sound date from the game Warhammer mark of chaos?

Well the point is i know how to add the music and sounds to the game but i cant do it if im not able to extract the sounds i need.

EDIT: well i hope someone knows what program i can use on the ORK-file format. To be able to get my hands on the sound
    Last edited by TempestKhan; January 13, 2010 at 05:18 AM.

Some kids like to pee there names on the snow in winter... Chuck Norris can pee his name into solid concrete!

Chuck Norris doesn't have to shape his hair... It stays in shape out of sheer fear.

KainofNosgoth's Avatar Civis

Try this link:

http://aluigi.altervista.org/papers.htm

I believe you need the below two apps:

ORK files decrypter and extractor 0.1.1 (orkdec)
    files extractor for the ORK archives used in the games developed by Black Hole Entertainment like Armies of Exigo and Warhammer Mark of Chaos (both demo and retail keys supported).
    note that you must know the full path of the files to extract otherwise you can do nothing, that's why exist the above "orkdec filenames dumper".

orkdec filenames dumper 0.1 (orkdec_files)
    tool for loading the games which use the ORK archives and automatically dumps all the loaded filenames in a text file that can be used with orkdec for the subsequent extraction.
    compatible with any version and game (tested Armies of Exigo and WarHammer Mark of Chaos, both demo and retail), remember to use no-cd executables since are not encrypted.

I haven't tried them myself but I hope they help!

If you get it working, please share by making a sub-mod!
    Last edited by KainofNosgoth; January 13, 2010 at 09:41 PM.
    My Sig was created by Blackomur89(God Rest His Soul)

Valiant Champion's Avatar Praepositus

Could you change the extension?

I did that with their intro movie.

Changed .ORK to BIK

BETTER PIKES
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...2#post16143112

THE PIKE WARS HAVE BEGUN!

Laetus

Yes this is how I extracted the sound in mine, open the zip and extract all the files in your sound folder and click on the extract_sounds batch file and after its finished extracting a new file should appear in the same folder that says data click, then the sounds folder will be there and the music inside.

Well im not home now and ill be away all weekend but ill try my best to finish it dunno if your programs work yet tho KainofNosgoth but ill give it a shot

KainofNosgoth's Avatar Civis

TempestKhan,

Did you ever get around to trying out those files to extract the ork files?

Here is a link to how to use them, in case anyone else would like to try:

http://translate.google.com/translat...%3Den%26sa%3DG
    Last edited by KainofNosgoth; January 21, 2010 at 10:52 PM.
    My Sig was created by Blackomur89(God Rest His Soul)

P.S Doing this is illegal....

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Well, it is if you publish it publically.

randir14's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Alphawolf29 View Post
    P.S Doing this is illegal....
    The mod already uses assets from Mark of Chaos so what's the big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by randir14 View Post
    The mod already uses assets from Mark of Chaos so what's the big deal.

well I have no idea. I think it has to do with the raw application or something. I think if you change them up its fine. I wouldn't mind some more warhammery sounds

Achilla's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by kenshin620 View Post
    well I have no idea. I think it has to do with the raw application or something. I think if you change them up its fine. I wouldn't mind some more warhammery sounds
    When the voices/sounds aren't too long/are changed/or whatever it's not much of a fuss, really.

When I think more about it Warhammer creators would be glad to see such mod for TW anyway.

Always gives some insight and inspiration on how they might create their next game, and certainly heart-warming to see their beloved franchise expand onto other games.
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.
    Ignorance is your shield, knowledge is your weapon.
    Heart without reason is stupid, reason without heart is blind.