Thread: an IB IB fans reaction to the vandal campaign

Default an IB IB fans reaction to the vandal campaign

loved it .

i really like in battles how confusing everything is. how the barbarians are wearing looted roman armor, making it extremely difficult sometimes to tell who is who in the battle. I really think the mod represents combat in this era very well.

curious questions.

i noticed in the custom battle when you hit the armor upgrade the soldiers would go from some having chain mail to them all having chain mail. but this was not so in the campaign. will this happen in the final release?

Also, maybe this has already been discussed. but, will you guys be adding shields to the Cataphractarii and Clibinarii?

anyway great job and best of luck on your future endeavors!

Default Re: an IB IB fans reaction to the vandal campaign

The armour is a known bug. Basically, the different Roman soldiers have slightly different models based on what region you recruit them in (Italy, Iberia, Africa, Gaul, etc). Only the Italian models were updated in the last patch to have heavier armour with an upgrade. It's been said to be "on the to do list" for the next Vandals patch, last I heard anyways.
    Therefore, I conclude, that Valve should announce Half Life 2 Episode 3.

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by MajorStoffer View Post
    The armour is a known bug. Basically, the different Roman soldiers have slightly different models based on what region you recruit them in (Italy, Iberia, Africa, Gaul, etc). Only the Italian models were updated in the last patch to have heavier armour with an upgrade. It's been said to be "on the to do list" for the next Vandals patch, last I heard anyways.

It is one of many things to do on the "to do list". Once the 1st version of ATW is released, we will start working on the next IB2 patch I assume.
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

Is it possible to act like a horde like in barbarian invasion? I hope it will be included in later releases!!