Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: BASILEIA: Total War PROJECT 550-1461 (mod for M2TW-Kingdoms) --> Official News & Previews in Page 1

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: BASILEIA: Total War PROJECT 550-1461 (mod for M2TW-Kingdoms)

In reality it was ,with the massive Theodosian land walls but in most mods ,one city is the same as any other ,when it comes to assaulting or defending

Signature made by Joar

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

No I mean it starts off at a high level and in some maps you can wall it off with forts that the enemy has to take first if they want to get at the city at all.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Konstantinoupolis is in the better position in order to defend itself from a siege...before the introduction of artillery and air force, obviously...

Quote Originally Posted by Konstantinos XI Palaiologos View Post
    Konstantinoupolis is in the better position in order to defend itself from a siege...before the introduction of artillery and air force, obviously...
    Exactly right in reality as i said the land walls ,the sea chain .Plus odviously it could also be supplied by sea if need be ,but usually would have more than enought surplies and the city has those enormous Cisterns also .But in 99% of mods none of this comes into account its just any other city

Signature made by Joar

I hope that we can do something to correct this bad habits...

I hope so too maestro ! I shall repeat, if i can help with anything (except modding ) even getting the espressos ,just ask .

Signature made by Joar

eh eh eh...unfortunately we need modders...

the only historical help that we need is for the steppe peoples, Magyars, Bulgars, Huns, Alans, Pechenegs, Khazars, Avars, Uighurs, Gokturks, Mogols, Kwarazm, Tatars, Onoghurs, Merkits, Ongirrat, Naimans,Kipčaki, Ak Kouynlu/Kara Koyunlu, Karahanlılar, etc. etc...obviously mainly infos for armies and warriors to create realistic AOR units...

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm a member of the EOR mod, and I believe we may be able to help one another. Our mod is based around the sixth century conflicts between the Ostrogoths, Byzantine Romans and Persians. We have several completed unit rosters, including a half done Eastern Roman Empire one, suitable for the sixth century period. I wonder if you might consider sharing work with us?

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Exactly what rosters do you need? judging by the past posts, it seems that the Constantinean, Nikephorean and Kommenian rosters have been found. I'm an ameteur modder so if you send me some pics of what you want I'll try to make them. Also anything else you need just ask or check the modding forums, there's some excellent and easy to follow tutorials there.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgios View Post
    I'm a member of the EOR mod, and I believe we may be able to help one another. Our mod is based around the sixth century conflicts between the Ostrogoths, Byzantine Romans and Persians. We have several completed unit rosters, including a half done Eastern Roman Empire one, suitable for the sixth century period. I wonder if you might consider sharing work with us?
    My dear friend
    Time ago I proposed the co-operation between ours two mod to Nakharar, than it had refused thinking that our aid were little useful to your job since you occupied of a period that in ours mod is much short one, but if you have decided to change idea we are happiest for co-operating with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Julianus Flavius View Post
    Exactly what rosters do you need? judging by the past posts, it seems that the Constantinean, Nikephorean and Kommenian rosters have been found. I'm an ameteur modder so if you send me some pics of what you want I'll try to make them. Also anything else you need just ask or check the modding forums, there's some excellent and easy to follow tutorials there.
    If you wanna help us you can search useful information on the steppe factions and modify the existing material so as to render it most realistic possible.
    Last edited by Konstantinos XI Palaiologos; February 24, 2010 at 02:36 AM.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Konstantinos, you have a PM from me.

And good luck with your project, I am looking forward.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

I'm glad and honoured for your help...thanks

soon we will introduce our definitive map preview...

I look forward to it eagerly

Signature made by Joar

Me too.

we have just some little problem with the regions between HRE and Poland...Lusatia, Silesia and Pomerania...a lot of important cities and much more different names for the same city...

Maybe you could ask the guys from "Das Heilige Römische Reich mod"; they've been doing a lot of research concerning Germany and its neighbors - probably not for your whole timespan, but might be a start...

Maybe Silesian_Noble is a better choice...anyway, one guy of our team is german...he can help me...

Any luck on those regions /cities ?? I will do abit of digging ,when i get back this evenning .You never know might find something you missed ,fingers crossed as they say

Signature made by Joar

in a few days I think that's all ready for the preview...that's my hope...