Thread: Anyone have a working translation ?

Default Anyone have a working translation ?

Anyone have a working translation ? like i said in title have any1 a stable working translation`?

EDIT: Btw im talking about 1.02 version
    Last edited by TempestKhan; January 11, 2010 at 06:15 AM.

Some kids like to pee there names on the snow in winter... Chuck Norris can pee his name into solid concrete!

Chuck Norris doesn't have to shape his hair... It stays in shape out of sheer fear.

A snake once bit Chuck. After five days of extreme pain... The snake died.

Default Re: Anyone have a working translation ?

Well, I've put most of the translated files into the text folder and it works fine for the moment, but I've played only few turns so far with Reikland so it's rather to early to tell.

Ok well if your campaign is stable puff puff pass plz ill help you out then if doesnt work ill let u know

Some kids like to pee there names on the snow in winter... Chuck Norris can pee his name into solid concrete!

Chuck Norris doesn't have to shape his hair... It stays in shape out of sheer fear.

OK, by the way. Does anyone know how to delete 'Legio I, II, III," etc from Imperial units?

Beware that overwriting the text files too often actually ends up rendering your Call of Warhammer unable to run. I solved it by reinstalling though if others encounter that problem thats why. No idea why it happens.

Well i have backuped the entire text folder if hits the fan ill just delete and paste the old one back

Thx thrawn
    Last edited by TempestKhan; January 11, 2010 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Admiral Thrawn View Post
    OK, by the way. Does anyone know how to delete 'Legio I, II, III," etc from Imperial units?
    It's hardcoded. I think the team wanted to say "First Regiment of Nuln etc", but you can only do it via hex editing the game itself I believe. Or so I've heard, not tried it yet.

[ Cry Havoc:: ] - [ link ] - [ An Expanded World Submod for Call of Warhammer ]
    My turban brings all the muslims to the yard and they're like العنصرية ش

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    It's hardcoded. I think the team wanted to say "First Regiment of Nuln etc", but you can only do it via hex editing the game itself I believe. Or so I've heard, not tried it yet.
    Should just work to take away the "legionary_name" from the EDU. I haven't tested it as i personally like them but should work fine.

Oh, yeah, removing that will work. But the text itself cannot be edited.

[ Cry Havoc:: ] - [ link ] - [ An Expanded World Submod for Call of Warhammer ]
    My turban brings all the muslims to the yard and they're like العنصرية ش

Thanks..I'll try that.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    Oh, yeah, removing that will work. But the text itself cannot be edited.
    Ye, text is hardcoded. I was used in RTW for legionary units if i'm not mistaken so it's a usable relic from RTW. Can be used on any unit you like, just add "legionary_name" to the unit effects.

HAHA, it worked. Thank you all sooooo much. I could embrace and kisssss you from the joy

Tiro

HAHA, it worked. Thank you all sooooo much. I could embrace and kisssss you from the joy
    Glad you can get a better game experience.

Why delete them? I thought that was a awesome feature. I can figure out where a unit was raised so I know where to go to retrain them. I just wish they would change Legio which is basically a Legion to Maniple or Company which is basically what the units are at huge size. Maybe call a army a Legio. Would be awesome.
    Last edited by Outlawstar15a2; January 13, 2010 at 08:09 AM.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawstar15a2 View Post
    Why delete them? I thought that was a awesome feature. I can figure out where a unit was raised so I know where to go to retrain them. I just wish they would change Legio which is basically a Legion to Maniple or Company which is basically what the units are at huge size. Maybe call a army a Legio. Would be awesome.
    Unfortunately it's hardcoded from RTW so can't be changed. A legion is 6000 man strong however so i wonder why CA put it there with legio for a unit in the first place. Cohort would have been more accurate.