Thread: Reinstallation Problems with Rome:TW

Default Reinstallation Problems with Rome:TW

Hi all, I'm new as a poster on these forums, been lurking a while though. I'm at my wit's end over here, I'll say how it all started.

My friend said that he was able to go into the descr_names file, and add his name in. So I decided to try it too. I added a few names in, and then went into the campaign. Everything was working fine before I messed with the descr_names file. So I went into the campaign, and every time I clicked end turn, my game would crash. I tried everything, but it woudn't work. So I uninstalled my RTW file, and now I've been trying to reinstall it. The only problem is that it stops halfway through at \data\sounds\Voice2. I've gone through my computer and deleted all traces of RTW, so I don't know what the rpoblem is. When it stops right there, a message pops up, saying,

Feature Transfer Error
    Feature: Rome: Total War data
    Component: Data
    File: E:\data3.cab
    Error: Incorrect Function

If anybody could help, it would be much much appreciated.

Note: It's nothing wrong with my system or gameplay settings as in video or sound cards, I was playing it perfectly before I messed with the descr_names. I assume my problem is because of a tiny little file hidden that didn't get uninstalled, but I don't know how to go aobut finding it.

Again, all help is appreciated, thank you.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Reinstallation Problems with Rome:TW

No use having two threads going. Closed.