Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: BROKEN CRESCENT: Unique buildings - post your ideas here!

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT: Unique buildings - post your ideas here!

Do you think you can add the Hassasans order as a guild and mercenary units

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Ixor_Drakar View Post
    Mount Athos, the Hagion Oros(Holy Mountain). Chalkidike peninsula, Greece.

At the time of the mod it had around 20 monasteries and was an independent monastic state with the protection of the Romans. Most notable is the Great Lavra.

It was a center for Orthodox faith and peopled by greeks, bulgarians, rus, serbians and franks. If you ever move your map just a taaaaaaad west it could be included.
    It has 16 monasteries today, all functional tho with far less monks then once. But it's a "mountain", actually a whole island full of huge monasteries, to represent it in game would be totally difficult. However if in spite of that the idea passes, maybe the best would be Simonopetra for game purposes. Btw it's the first 10 storey building in Europe/14th century/:

Last edited by Dracula; October 18, 2010 at 10:34 AM.

Ardashir 7's Avatar Libertus

1.The Holiest Place On Earth = Ka'baa (Mecca)
    2.Al-Aqsa Sacred Mosque (Al Quds)
    3.Salah-Al Din Great Citadel (Cairo)
    4.The Great Conqueror Amr-Ibn-Al As Mosque (Cairo)
    5.The Abbasid Caliph's Palace (Baghdad)
    Very Proud To Be A Muslim

Foederatus

The Mosque of the Prophet in Medina (Al-Masjid al-Nabawi)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Masj...Nabawi#History
    The second most holiest site in the Islamic faith, this great mosque is the burial place of Mohammed.
    Over his grave rises the Green dome.
    The mosque was built on the spot where Mohammed's house once stood in Medina. The original mosque was built in the Prophet's lifetime and was expanded by later Caliphs.
    It's the second largest mosque in the world, after the Masjid al-Haram in Mecca.

I hope that this great building will be included in this super awesome mod.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Harold Godwinson; November 09, 2010 at 12:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Col. Tartleton View Post
    Endogamy sounds like marrying anus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    Some people literally believe that Jesus was just... "beamed" out of Mary into her arms. I wish I was joking.

Ältester der Motten's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Godwinson View Post
    The second most holiest site in the Islamic faith
    I understand this is the case for Mosques, not for Sacral sites generally.

I find it doubtable that this would be the second-most holy place just because a human being (doesn't matter if he is a model human being, he still is only a human being, though I've encountered someone who actually argued Muhammad wouldn't have pooped because he was obviously a literal figure of light, not a mere man) is buried there. Instead it is my understanding that the Qubbat As-Sakhrah is considered the second-most holy place in Islam, but that might just be a peculiarity of the Ahmadiyya -which is what I have been mostly interacting with- or the individual author.
    Last edited by Ältester der Motten; November 11, 2010 at 07:59 AM.

no johann mate you are extremely wrong in finding that doubtable...
    we Muslims consider that the holy mosque of our prophet Mohammed (PBUH)
    is the second most holy place in the world,even more than the sacred al Aqsa mosque
    and our prophet Mohammed told us that a prayer in his mosque in the sacred city of Medina
    is like 1000 prayer in any other mosque and a prayer in al Aqsa mosque is like 500 prayer in any other mosque and the blessed body of the Greatest man ever is buried in that mosque,i mean surely the blessed prophet mohammed (PBUH) the man who really teached the world how to live in peace
    how to love each other how to worship the one and only god and not to worship a man,fire,tree,cow,rat or even stone ! if u looked in history u will never find a man like him (PBUH).
    Read Our Glorious History For More Information And Iam Always Here If U Want To Know Anything About Islam.

Okay, so it was officially as holy before he died... well in that case... I guess I must have been wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn1963 View Post
    I agree. The most famous crusaders castle should be included in BC.
    It totally is, go check out the map. You'll see an actual castle called "Krak" or "Kerak", I don't remember. Or no, wait, wasn't that Montreal? Well what do I know, I'm not really an expert on the Crusades. But maybe it'd cluster that region up too much. I think actual castles should be represented as actual castles or not at all, otherwise it's kind of weird and inconsistent, don't you think?

ALso, that all being said, I would like to request the Dome of the Rock being actually added to the game.

I mean, it's really pretty and a very very very very very very very very very important Islamic site.

Wiki-link here with lots of pretty pictures too.

Also I would like to propose that some of the most important unique buildings should have significant nation-wide effects, this way you gain more and history-true incentive to actually fight for these historically important cities (other than them just the being big money making centres).
    Last edited by Ältester der Motten; November 12, 2010 at 08:15 AM.

glad to know it mate

Meng's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Ältester der Motten View Post

It totally is, go check out the map. You'll see an actual castle called "Krak" or "Kerak", I don't remember. Or no, wait, wasn't that Montreal?
    I think he mean the "Krak des chevaliers"
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Michael/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-11.png[/IMG]

Yeah I know.Therefore all the other stuff.

1. Lahore Fort

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lahore_Fort

Altough the actual building dated later than the start of the game:
    It cannot be said with certainty when the Lahore Fort was originally constructed or by whom, since this information is lost to history, possibly forever. However, evidence found in archaeological digs gives strong indications that it was built long before 1025 AD.
    10% reduction on cost of buildings in Lahore

2. Great Mosque of Samarra

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Mosque_of_Samarra

+5% religious conversion? or a bonus for fidelity of inhabitants in the near provinces for the ruler of Samarra

3. Burana Tower

http://www.advantour.com/kyrgyzstan/burana-tower.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burana_Tower
    http://celestial.com.kg/articles/pla...-Tower_192.htm

4. Citadel of Bam

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arg-e_Bam

altough not an unique building, Bam should be a very high level castle; the images are impressive

5. Castle in Iordanian desert

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quseir_Amra
    Last edited by valachian shepherd; December 09, 2010 at 07:06 AM.

The grave of Abu Ayyub al-Ansari a close companion of the prophet in Constantinople. In 1174 it isn´t a real builing but it could have a strong effect on muslim conquerors and pilgrims.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Ayyub_al-Ansari

"Abu Ayyub urges you to penetrate deeply into the territory of the enemy as far as you can go, that you should carry him with you and that you should bury him under your feet at the walls of Constantinople."

I think, most of religious buildings in Jerusalem deserve it (temple of Salomon, the Holy Sepulcre, Omar's mosq/Al-Aqsa Mosq).

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    "IN NOMINE XPI VINCAS SEMPER" - Au nom du Christ tu vaincras toujours.

unique building suggestion in Solanki territory

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somnath_Patan

Quote Originally Posted by Ardashir 7 View Post
    1.The Holiest Place On Earth = Ka'baa (Mecca)
    2.Al-Aqsa Sacred Mosque (Al Quds)
    3.Salah-Al Din Great Citadel (Cairo)
    4.The Great Conqueror Amr-Ibn-Al As Mosque (Cairo)
    5.The Abbasid Caliph's Palace (Baghdad)
    Very Proud To Be A Muslim

Damnit the arabs knows how to build beatiful buildings, love the architechture (cant spell )
    I drop knowledge so heavy it leaves the world unbalanced,
    exterminate the spiritual force of all that challange,
    I'm the lyrical apocolypse that crumbles the granit,
    replacing you as the dominant species on the planet.

Ixor_Drakar's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoroth View Post
    Damnit the arabs knows how to build beatiful buildings, love the architechture (cant spell )
    You can thank the Romans who lost their territory, allowing them to copy their architecture or just slap a "Under new managment" sign on it. I'm sure they had some of their own ideas too.
    I survived the Mayan Apocalypse 12/21/12

The Imam Reza shrine in the holy city of Mashad would be a great addition!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:RezaShrine.jpg

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Idea: There was an extremely influential non-state based group which played a powerful role in the affairs of the Middle East during this time frame. Here's some ideas to give the Muslim brotherhood/sect known commonly as the Hashashin -- begun by the Persian Shia, Hasan Ibn al-Sabbah in 1090 -- a physical place to reside.

Building: Hashashin fotress of Alamut -or- failing that on the map, a unique Hashishin structure in either the nearby cities of Amol (capitol city of area) or Rayy (city where Hasan was born in 1048)

What many do not realize is that, this sect was not without headquarters, indeed they had a fortress -- called Alamut -- which Hasan, the founder, took by surprise in 1090. Unfortunately, the BC3 map does not include this fortress, opting instead for the capitol of the region (Malikate of Mazandaran) called Amol. A glance at the new 3.0 map shows the problem, and I would make a suggestion that I'm sure the devs would not look favorably upon - but that is to remove Amol and put Alamut instead, sightly south west in the same territory (See this map and you'll see why). If you absolutely refuse to do that consider some other way of incorporating a building where the power center of this sect can exist. The repercussions are yours to dream but I think 2 basics are in order -

1. Large Shia religious bonus/benefit - remember these guys where some of the intelligentsia of the time, very smart, very crafty, very influential (and very scary). Traits for imams and characters.
    2. Large global benefit to assassin agents. If you own this place/building, and you're Shia, and you recruit assassins, they should be the best in the known world. It would be interesting game play for such a tiny faction to have too (assuming mazandaran starts with it and they are Shia) - that there may be true power in those few agents to change world events absent a large army. A unique faction to play.

For more convincing, this is a passage from "The Crusades Through Arab Eyes" by Amin Maalouf, a well respected and relatively unbiased tome. copyright 1984:
    Anything in [brackets] are my notations - please read, this takes a long time to write out from the book in front of me!
    The Persian militant [and hashashin sect founder, Hasan who had left his home of Rayy to live in Egypt a while] would return to the heart of the Seljuk empire to pave way for the reconquest that Nizar [the Fatimid Caliph heir in Egypt] would undertake upon his accession to power. Hasan succeeded beyond his wildest dreams but by methods very different from those imagined by the virtuous Nizar. In 1090 he took the fortress of Alamut by surprise.This bastion, [translated] "the eagles nest," was situated in a practically in accessible region of the albruz mountains near the Caspian sea. Once he commanded this inviolable sanctuary, Hasan set about establishing a politico-religious organization whose effectiveness, and spirit of discipline would be unrivaled in all history.

All members from novices to grand master were ranked according to their level of knowledge [many were "physician-astrologers" and the like], reliability, and courage. The underwent intensive courses of indoctrination and physical training. [Maalouf argues that the Hashishin set about the ruin of the Seljuk empire with a single blade] The first murder, committed in 1092, two years after the sect was founded was an epic unto itself. The Seljuks were at the apogee of their power. The pillar of their empire... the architect of Sunni power and the struggle against Shi'ism [which the Hashishin's were] was an old Vizier - Nizam al Mulk. On 14 October 1092, one of Hasan's adherents killed him with a sword stroke.... the state disintegrated. Indeed the Seljuk Empire never recovered it's unity. It's history would now be punctuated not by further conquests, but by interminable wars of succession.

Ruins of Alamut

Their power only grew over time, even after the death of Hasan, and into the 1100's well into our time frame here. This power center at Alamut stood until the Mongols took it in 1256. Regarding events in the middle 1100's Maalouf notes: "Never had the threat represented by the Hashishin been so serious. They were no longer pests, but a plague torturing the Arab world at a time when all its energies were required to confront the Frankish occupation."

Iranian studies link to Alamut
    Wiki link to Alamut
    Map link showing proximity of Alamut (Alamoot) to Amol and Saari (Sari)
    Last edited by Dago Red; August 10, 2012 at 02:22 PM.

Maalouf's book is great. And since we'll be a sunni/shiia difference, Hashishins should be included in some way

metsikhovne's Avatar Semisalis

R U going to add alamut in 3.0?? it will be great if the caslte will be rebel and will have superme army as settlers of this castle had once...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast