Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: BROKEN CRESCENT: Unique buildings - post your ideas here!

Dr. Jones's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT: Unique buildings - post your ideas here!

For Africa (Ethiopia) this church should be in:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_...orge,_Lalibela
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lalibela

They might be a bit later than the starting date, but their importance as the African Jerusalem was massive for the Orthodox Christians. Maybe it is a solution to allow them to be constructed.

Bonus could be, +2% converting of the population, +10% happiness (forgot the exact ingame term) and a increase intrade (due to a pilgrim industry)

Also this in modern Turkey should be worth a look:
    http://www.cappadociaguideonline.com/
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/201...s-caves-turkey

A few buildings from India

Mosque of Kannauj, built on the site of a demolished Hindu temple by Ibrahim Sharqi in H. 809 as is recorded in Gharbat Nigar. Possible effect Muslim conversion.

Harshat Mata temple near Jaipur, originally dedicated to Vishnu, constructed c. 800 according to Encyclopedia Brittanica. It is associated with the deepest stepwell in India. Possible effect improved health.

Rani ki vav stepwell in Patan (Anhilwara), Gujarat, built by Udayamati, the windowed queen of Bhimdev I (AD 1022 to 1063), the founder of the Rajput Solanki dynasty.Possible effect improved health.

Hindu Sun Temple at Modhera, Anhilwara, built in 1026 AD by King Bhimdev I of the Solanki dynasty. Possible effect improved health, fertility, conversion to Hinduism. It was destroyed in the 12th C by a Muslim raid.

Vimal Vasahi Jain temple at Dilwara (Mt Abu) carved entirely out of white marble, built in 1021 by Vimal Shah, a minister of Bhimdev I. Possible effect improved health, Hindu piety.

Sthaneshwar Mahadev Temple in Thanesar, dedicated to Shiva. Improved health, Hindu piety.

Old fort Delhi, Prithviraj Chauhan ruled from here till he was defeated by Abdali in the battle of Panipat. Improved order.

Kushinagar Stupa, site where the Buddha is supposed to have been cremated. Buddhist conversion & piety.

Last edited by Geoffrey of Villehardouin; August 21, 2012 at 01:17 PM.

Commander of Faith's Avatar Libertus

The ruins of Persepolis:In Shiraz,It might be a good idea
    or the tomb of Ferdowsi
    Or Ruins of Apadana Palace in Iran.
    Or Madaen White Palace in Iraq...

Ayyubid's Avatar Tiro

You could add the kaaba, and masjid nabawi in mecca. also the church of the holy sepulcher, the wailing wall, the temple of solomon, and the dome of the rock in jerusalem. The Levant I think, should have all kinds of special holy sites in every city. Also, the hindu factions should have their cities look very different, with hindu temples, statues of hindu gods, etc.
    "I have fought in more than 100 battle . Do you see a space of the span of a hand on my leg, chest, arm which is not covered by some scar of the wound of a sword or an arrow or a lance? And here I am, dying in my bed, like cattle die. May the eyes of cowards never sleep."

- Khalib Ibn Waleed

Ayyubid's Avatar Tiro

I was just wondering... How come the B.C. team hasn't added the Hashashim as a faction?!? You could make it under Hassan-i-Sabbah, or generally under the Ismaili sect. They would be a VERY interesting faction, since their allegiance was unpredictable, and they were very powerful, considering their training and martial practices/beliefs. They could include cities such as Alamut and Masyaf. Their units could be pretty awesome too.
    "I have fought in more than 100 battle . Do you see a space of the span of a hand on my leg, chest, arm which is not covered by some scar of the wound of a sword or an arrow or a lance? And here I am, dying in my bed, like cattle die. May the eyes of cowards never sleep."

- Khalib Ibn Waleed

Propably too cheesy for BC. One could be lead to believe that cultural stereotypes were promoted

"To achieve everything that is possible, we must try to do the impossible." (H. Hesse)

Commander of Faith's Avatar Libertus

Hehe!...Right!Maybe we can have Assassin's Creed and Templar Order too...maybe beautiful.

Shadibadoo's Avatar Tiro

i've suggested a Hashashim faction before. they wouldn't be playable, since historically they didn't expand past their bases. but it's definitely true that they held cities, maintained forts, and fielded full-fledged armies. they were a regional military force and SHOULD be represented in BC to some extent, even as a non-playable faction that would continuously re-appear after being destroyed (like the papal/crusader states). they would make the war over Jerusalem/Sham much more interested.

The Assassins as a faction and a special citadel in Alamut in the Alborz mountains northern Iran

The Lighthouse of Alexandria still stood at this time; it was destroyed for good in the late 1300s. Also anything involving Baghdad, e.g. the House of Wisdom. I second the Kaaba, plus the Holy sepulchre and the Theodosian Walls. IIRC someone released an unfinished model of the Walls...
    A well informed opinion is a well formed opinion.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678