Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: BROKEN CRESCENT: Unique buildings - post your ideas here!

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT: Unique buildings

Is Agia Sofia in Broken Crescent so far ? Will it be ?

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Yes, Haga Sophia is in the BC 2.02 and it will be in 3.0.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    Yes, Haga Sophia is in the BC 2.02 and it will be in 3.0.
    Clicking "install BC" right now... If you tell me there are the new horse models too, this will be the top.

New horse models - sure!

TheBromgrev's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Tail End Charlie View Post
    River based trading infastracture (perhaps even a unit travel speeds bonus?) after all we have three of the great riverine systems of the pre-modern world, the Nile, Euphrates-Tigris, Indus-Ganges not mention the Oxus and others. River trade was often more important the land based stuff in many localities.
    Good idea. Stainless Steel's RR/RC compilation includes a river port building, and I managed to persuade getting it added Third Age's RR/RC. As it is, the building card looks identical to a port, provides a trade bonus and a generic growth bonus. I personally mod and replace the generic bonus with a health bonus (makes more sense to me, as many cultures even today use rivers as a sewer).

Arystan's Avatar Laetus

The Mausoleum of Khoja Ahmed Yasawi (Kazakh: Қожа Ахмет Яссауи кесенесі, Qoja Axmet Yassawļ kesenesi) is an unfinished mausoleum in the city of Turkestan, in southern Kazakhstan. The structure was commissioned in 1389 by Timur, who ruled the area as part of the expansive Mongol Empire, to replace a smaller 12th-century mausoleum of the famous Turkic poet and Sufi mystic, Khoja Ahmed Yasawi (1093–1166). However, construction was halted with the death of Timur in 1405.

Despite its incomplete state, the mausoleum has survived as one of the best-preserved of all Timurid constructions. Its creation marked the beginning of the Timurid architectural style.The experimental spatial arrangements, innovative architectural solutions for vault and dome constructions, and ornamentations using glazed tiles made the structure the prototype for this distinctive art, which spread across the empire and beyond.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mausole...a_Ahmed_Yasawi

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=o...ed=0CAkQnwIwAA attached map!!!
    Last edited by Arystan; February 28, 2010 at 02:28 AM.

It's marvellous. The only problem is that it seems to be late medieval contruction...

Arystan's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    It's marvellous. The only problem is that it seems to be late medieval contruction...
    but we can put it,at the time of period when it finished,as a massage!
    e.g."The inventing of new technology"

or "The opening of Qoja Ahmet Yassavi" of course if it is possible to you ^_^

I mean to plug it on the map,when the massage comes!

Quote Originally Posted by Arystan View Post
    but we can put it,at the time of period when it finished,as a massage!
    e.g."The inventing of new technology"

or "The opening of Qoja Ahmet Yassavi" of course if it is possible to you ^_^

I mean to plug it on the map,when the massage comes!
    Only problem is, it was built by the Timurids in 1389 (says wiki)--that's too far out of the time frame. But buildings that were built in the late twelth or any time in the thirteenth century are fine.

Hi all,

This is my first post and I will introduce myself elsewhere in the forum.
    In the meanwhile I would like to have a contribution to this thread.

Some suggestions:

Did we already have Caravanserai's?
    Caravanserais built along the Silk Road had important tasks within the trade concept. Appearing as fortresses on remote roads, these edifices with their elaborate stone ornaments and accurate space designs also bore great importance from the architectural aspect. [photo]

Gevher Nesibe medical center:
    Gevher Nesibe was an early-13th century Seljuk princess, the daughter of Kilij Arslan II and sister of Kaykhusraw I, and the namesake of a magnificent complex comprising a hospital, an adjoining medrese devoted primarily to medical studies, and a mosque in Kayseri, Turkey. The complex (külliye in Turkish) that she endowed is considered one of the pre-eminent monuments of Seljuk architecture. The hospital was built between 1204 and 1206, and the medrese, whose construction started immediately after Gevher Nesibe's death in 1206, was finished in 1210. [photo]

Kumbat tower tombs:
    In addition to hans, the Seljuks also developed the specific building form of the tomb tower, known as a "kumbat", or "türbe". Turbes were of 2 types: a cylindrical tower with a low flat dome, sometimes covered on the outside with turquoise tiles; or a circular, polygonal or octagonal body fitted onto a square base by means of Turkish triangles and roofed with a conical turret. They often had carved inscriptions and figures. They comprised two storeys, with the body lying in a stone coffin on the lower floor with the upper chamber serving as a mosque chapel with a mihrab. The entrance to the upper chamber was set fairly high on one side. Türbes are the translation in stone of the former shamanistic tent tombs of the Turkomans. An important number of them can be found in the city of Kayseri. No one who has seen the forest of gravestones and the eleven Seljuk türbes in the cemetery of Ahlat overlooking Lake Van can forget their poetry and mystical evocation.

The lodge of the Mevlevi order:
    Now the Mevlāna museum, located in Konya, Turkey, is the mausoleum of Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rumi, a Sufi mystic also known as Mevlāna or Rumi. It was also the dervish lodge (tekke) of the Mevlevi order, better known as the whirling dervishes. Seljuk construction, under architect Behrettin Tebrizli, was finished in 1274 [photo]

The Kızıl Kule (Red Tower):
    Construction of the building began in the beginning of the reign of the Anatolian Seljuk Sultan Ala ad-Din Kay Qubadh I and was completed in 1226. The sultan brought the accomplished architect Ebu Ali Reha from Aleppo, Syria to Alanya to complete the building. The name derives from the more red color brick he used in its construction. So well-made was it that it remains one of the finest examples of medieval military architecture.[photo]

Above were all very important buildings of the Sultanate of Rūm aka Seljuk architecture of the 12th century.

I hope I made a usefull addition to this thread by posting some of my suggestions.
    "A very meaningful quote of a outstandingly wise saying from a historicly boundless important person"

Famously, a curse has been attached to opening Timur's tomb. In the year of Timur's death, a sign was carved in Timur's tomb warning that whoever would dare disturb the tomb would bring demons of war onto his land. Gerasimov's expedition opened the tomb on June 19, 1941. Operation Barbarossa, the invasion of the Soviet Union by Nazi Germany, began three days later on June 22, 1941. Shortly after Timur's skeleton and that of Ulugh Beg, his grandson, were reinterred with full Islamic burial rites in 1942, the Germans surrendered at Stalingrad.

Great Mosque of Samara, Iraq. It was built 848-852 AD.
    on an open plan. It is the largest mosque of Islam,was at one time the largest mosque in the world
    Besides being a place of prayer, the mosque was also used as a "community center"
    for a combination of reasons: a school, for political and social meetings,
    a place for judging cases, and other functions in the Islamic community.

Settlement: Vladimir
    Building: Uspenskiy Sobor (Dormition Cathedral)

Constructed in 1158-1160 during the reign of Andrey Bogolyubskiy.

Reconstructed in 1186-1189 during the reign of Vsevolod the Big Neast.

Divriği Great Mosque

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Church of Saint George, Lalibela

Build in the early thirteenth century

[IMG]Church of Saint George, Lalibela[/IMG]

This Church will belong to the Kingdom of Ethiopia
    Last edited by Pambas; March 28, 2010 at 07:48 AM.

Tughrul Tower

Tughrul tower is a 12th century monument, located in the city of Ray Iran ,is the tomb of Seljuk ruler Tuğrul, who died in Ray in 1063.

Effect: +5 law

Quote Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
    Momine Khatun Mausoleum
    The Mausoleum of Momine Khatun (or Mu'mine Khatun) is located in Nakhchivan City, the capital of the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic in Azerbaijan. It was commissioned by Ildegizid Atabeg Jahan Pahlawan (1175-1186) in honor of his first wife, Mu'mine Khatun, and completed in 1186-1187, as indicated on the Kufic style inscriptive plaque above the entrance. Its architect, Adjemi ibn Abubekr (or Adjemi Nakchivani) also built the nearby mausoleum of Yusuf ibn Kuseyir. Scholars mention that the mausoleum was originally built with a madrassa, and drawings and photographs of the site from the nineteenth century confirm that it existed as part of a religious and educational complex which no longer exists.

Mumina Khatun was wife of the founder of the State of Atabegs of Azerbaijan Shamsaddin Eldaniz.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    This one should definetly be included in Nakhchivan. Directly connected to Atabegs.

Vardan the Great's Avatar Campidoctor

Guys will all this buildings be in BC3?
    Last edited by Vardan the Great; April 01, 2010 at 10:16 AM.
    "An unexpected death is a death, an intended death - immortality"
    (c) Vardan Sparapet, before the Battle of Avarayr

Quote Originally Posted by Vardan SPARAPET View Post
    Guys will all this buildings be in BC3?
    the team will try thier best , but for now there is more imprtant things to do
    but i doubt all of the buildings will be included its alot of work

Vardan the Great's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
    the team will try thier best , but for now there is more imprtant things to do
    but i doubt all of the buildings will be included its alot of work
    Yes,of curse.
    "An unexpected death is a death, an intended death - immortality"
    (c) Vardan Sparapet, before the Battle of Avarayr

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast