Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: BROKEN CRESCENT: Unique buildings - post your ideas here!

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT: Unique buildings - post your ideas here!

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    Yes, you are right; but we have already decided to include shia as one of BC religions.
    Nice! I have been waiting that- should be very interesting when added! Christians can be 1 religion I think as the schism was still only 100 years past and in the east it did play some role but much smaller than the divide between Shia and Sunni. Pagans of course are in and that leaves The major religions as; Sunni, Shia, Christian, Hindu, and Pagan. Judaism, Buddhism, Zoroastrianism, and various heresies will all fall under heretics I guess?

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Here are two lists of religions in BC.

Under the patronage of m_1512

gostava's Avatar Civis

arabian art building

Harith's Avatar Campidoctor

umm... for the Abbasid Caliphate... I gues its Al Mustansiriyah School, house of Wisedom, City of Babylon (ruins), The great Ziggurt, The Malwiya Mosque in Samarra.. The Hadba Minaret in Mosul (http://www.wmf.org/project/al-hadba%E2%80%99-minaret)....

actually.. this will need a team research cuz there is a dozen more and they are all important historical sites that still exist today and during the abbaisd reign

Naqsh-e Rustam

Naqsh-e Rustam or Naqsh-e Rostam (in Persian: نقش رستم Naqš-e Rostam) is an archaeological site located about 12 km northwest of Persepolis, in Fars province, Iran. Naqsh-e Rustam lies a few hundred meters from Naqsh-e Rajab.
    The oldest relief at Naqsh-i Rustam is severely damaged and dates to c. 1000 BC. It depicts a faint image of a man with unusual head-gear and is thought to be Elamite in origin. The depiction is part of a larger mural, most of which was removed at the command of Bahram II. The man with the unusual cap gives the site its name, Naqsh-e Rostam, "Picture of Rostam", because the relief was locally believed to be a depiction of the mythical hero Rostam.

Four tombs belonging to Achaemenid kings are carved out of the rock face. They are all at a considerable height above the ground.
    The tombs are known locally as the 'Persian crosses', after the shape of the facades of the tombs. The site is known as salīb in Arabic (صليب), perhaps a corruption of the Persian word chalīpā, "cross". The entrance to each tomb is at the center of each cross, which opens onto to a small chamber, where the king lay in a sarcophagus. The horizontal beam of each of the tomb's facades is believed to be a replica of the entrance of the palace at Persepolis.
    One of the tombs is explicitly identified by an accompanying inscription to be the tomb of Darius I the Great (c. 522-486 BC). The other three tombs are believed to be those of Xerxes I (c. 486-465 BC), Artaxerxes I (c. 465-424 BC), and Darius II (c. 423-404 BC) respectively. A fifth unfinished one might be that of Artaxerxes III, who reigned at the longest two years, but is more likely that of Darius III (c. 336-330 BC), last of the Achaemenid dynasts.
    The tombs were looted following the conquest of the Achaemenid empire by Alexander the Great
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484498
    my AAR, please check it out

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT: Unique buildings

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post

Bābak Fort, Babak Castle,[1] or Bazz Galasi[1] (Persian: دژ بابک or قلعه بابک), also known as the Immortal Castle, is a large citadel on the top of a mountain in the Arasbaran forests, which is located 16 km southwest of Kalibar City in northwestern Iran. It has been identified as the stronghold of Bābak Khorramdin, the leader of the Khurramites in Azerbaijan who fought the Abbassids.[1]

every year on 30-th of Juny , Azeris in Iran march to "Bazz Qalasi", despite of the gouverment.
    to Azeris Babek is not just a National Hero, he is a National Herritage just like our Culture and our soil..
    In Azerbaijan there arehis monuments in many cities, after his name was called one of the most important Streets in Baku, people call their children after him , and tell their kids the story of Babek.
    Its a National Epos..

not just azarbaijan in Iran it's the same he and maziar are popular specialy in mazandaran were I live.

the only problem with babaks azarbaijanian fans (the Iranians province azarbaijan) is that they want to unifie with the azarbaijan country and saperate them self from Iran , wich is why many people may dislike them
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484498
    my AAR, please check it out

Fire-dweller's Avatar Civis

Al-Askari Mosque, Samarra
    Kazimiyya Mosque, Baghdad
    Imam Reza Mosque, Mashhad
    Fatima Masumeh Hawza, Qom
    Mosque of the Prophet, Medina
    Imam Ali Mosque, Najaf
    Imam Hossein Mosque, Karbala
    Jannatul Baqi, Madina
    Jannatul Mualla, Mecca
    Alamut Fortress
    Nothing is an absolute reality, everything is permitted. La shay' haqiqah, koulo shay' moumkin.

Willowran's Avatar Domesticus

now, i am new to broken crescent (two days), and i know next to nothing about the time period, but i've played a lot of prince of persia

you could make a menagerie/zoo for a maharaja faction...

zburanuki's Avatar Ducenarius

here are some suggestions:

1)The Hippodrome of Constantinople http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_QMD3uDrxxg...ippodrome1.jpg +public order (it was used not only for races,but also for political purposes such as royal announces,public discussions,riots)

2)The Monastery of Panagia Soumela (trebizond) http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...0px-Sumela.jpg

3)Krak des Chevaliers (maybe will substitute Tortosa or Homs or could be constructed as a much bigger fortress near Homs ) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Kr...valiers_01.jpg

4)and as recommended in previous posts maybe the theodosian walls

Quote Originally Posted by Ixor_Drakar View Post
    You can thank the Romans who lost their territory, allowing them to copy their architecture or just slap a "Under new managment" sign on it. I'm sure they had some of their own ideas too.
    *Cough* Persians for the most part *Cough*

hensta's Avatar Laetus

aye i wanted to give u guys an opinion just encase! my opinion is...example in Jerusalem and Constantinople u have the special buildings of the holy sepulchre and the dome of the rock and Haigha Sophia my idea was why dont u guys add the 4 orthodox patriarchates of Constantinople and Antioch, Jerusalem, Alexandria i reckon it will make it more realistic and evan more better????

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Concerning a Hashashin faction: good idea. Their presence is clear at this time in Syria (until 1273), as they have a couple of fortresses: Qadmus, Qala'at al-Kahf and Masyaf (Misyaf) mainly allied with KoJ, so we can see them on the map as a tiny local power. But so small and we can develop their guilds, in this way role-playing is possible with the assasin order of Nizari Ismailis. However things may turn out about the ideas, this is a great topic (historical tourist guide), thanks for it.

the citadell of alexander the great in Herat

it could give - build time for walls or make them cheaper perhaps

and the blue mosque in mazare sharif (balkh) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shrine_of_Hazrat_Ali

anything else concerning afghanistan region or nations culture there please ask me

There are many interesting ideas in this thread. Gostava's art building seems like a model of The Great Umayyad Mosque, Damascus. It would be nice but probably not possible to have some of these buildings included in the settlements on the battle map.

For example, I have not yet seen in my short Rajput campaign any religious Hindu buildings in settlements. There seem to be religious buildings you can build on the campaign map but not visible on the battle map. I have no experience with modding buildings and settlements but perhaps this would be possible?

Regarding the suggestions on Krak de Chevaliers - maybe it could be added as a stone fort. That should be relatively easy. It seems to me that castles as understood in M2TW, are more like English castles that included functional buildings such as barracks, palaces, a banquet hall, training grounds, etc, and even what seem like civilian buildings and workshops, rather than a Crusader fort like Krak de Chevalier that at least from photographs appears smaller, purely military in use and very compact. I would prefer Tortus remaining, rather than being replaced by Krak de Chevaliers, especially as there are far too many castles already in the Holy Land.
    Last edited by Geoffrey of Villehardouin; July 23, 2012 at 10:47 AM.

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey of Villehardouin View Post
    There are many interesting ideas in this thread. Gostava's art building seems like a model of The Great Umayyad Mosque, Damascus. It would be nice but probably not possible to have some of these buildings included in the settlements on the battle map.

For example, I have not yet seen in my short Rajput campaign any religious Hindu buildings in settlements. There seem to be religious buildings you can build on the campaign map but not visible on the battle map. I have no experience with modding buildings and settlements but perhaps this would be possible?

Regarding the suggestions on Krak de Chevaliers - maybe it could be added as a stone fort. That should be relatively easy. It seems to me that castles as understood in M2TW, are more like English castles that included functional buildings such as barracks, palaces, a banquet hall, training grounds, etc, and even what seem like civilian buildings and workshops, rather than a Crusader fort like Krak de Chevalier that at least from photographs appears smaller, purely military in use and very compact. I would prefer Tortus remaining, rather than being replaced by Krak de Chevaliers, especially as there are far too many castles already in the Holy Land.
    you can mod buildings on the battle map, however making completely unique / different settlements from the vanilla onces require MASSIVE artistic skill and the understanding of how to use a rather complicated editor.

I thought thouh Krak de Chevaliers was in it self a relatively compacted (but impressive) castle, it did have a near by town anyway so i's not like it's standing in isolation.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Ezi0's Avatar Laetus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alamut <3 <3

This fortress is very interesting..Hasan Sabbah and his hashashins are murdered the Seljuk Sultan and vizier Nizam -ül mülk.After that,Huge Seljuk Empire started to fall..And they continued their activities until the Hulagu Khan come..

Aragorn1963's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by zburanuki View Post
    here are some suggestions:

1)The Hippodrome of Constantinople http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_QMD3uDrxxg...ippodrome1.jpg +public order (it was used not only for races,but also for political purposes such as royal announces,public discussions,riots)

2)The Monastery of Panagia Soumela (trebizond) http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...0px-Sumela.jpg

3)Krak des Chevaliers (maybe will substitute Tortosa or Homs or could be constructed as a much bigger fortress near Homs ) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Kr...valiers_01.jpg

4)and as recommended in previous posts maybe the theodosian walls
    I'm lobbying for Krak des Chevaliers for a long time now. Would be a good alternative to Tortosa.

I think each faction must have at least one unique building..though I don't know what makourians can have
    So the Ghurids have the Minaret of Jam, Ghazni can have the tomb of Mahmoud in Ghazna etc...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast