Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hamachi Clashes

Default Hamachi Clashes

Couldn't see a multiplayer subforum so I will just post it here.

For those interested I'll open a Hamachi channel where we can test each other's mettle. I am fully aware balance is not entirely in place but this is purely for enjoyment's sake.

Name: Call of Warhammer

Password: Warhammer

Mini-FAQ

What is Hamachi?
    - Hamachi is a small VPN free program which simulates a lan network.

How does Hamachi work?
    - It basically simulates a lan network. To join the warhammer network, press the network tab in the hamachi window and press "join". Then enter the name and password as listed above(case sensitive).
    Then we should be able to see each others game when created in lan mode. In hamachi there is also a chat function which we can use to communicate and organize a game.

How do I get Hamachi?
    -
    You can download it here: http://www.filehippo.com/download_hamachi/

What version of Call of Warhammer do I need?
    - 1.02, basically the newest version. I do not think it matters which language you are using

Note when you intend to turn off the network be sure to remove yourself from it so others can join (there's a maxium of 16 players in the free version of hamachi)

Default Re: Hamachi Clashes

After Action Report (Tenth January 2009)

Tried getting this thing running and here's a bit about the first two battles.

Battle I
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Kislev (Nero The Victor) vs High Elves (Maias) with 10.000. Can't recall the map.

Replay: http://www.mediafire.com/?ueztjdymdm2 (download this, put it into your replay folder and to view it press load replay under load game)

The starting positions were pretty much the Kislivtes fortifying themselves in a wood with three mortars and some stakes facing in the general high elf direction. I decided that trying going uphill against that wouldn't lead to anything good so starting moving everything along the flank while sending my missile cavalry around to harry the Kisliv lines as much as possible.

It worked decently though ultimately the the heavy barrage from those mortars forced me to charge in with my infantry while the seaguard kept raining arrows upon the enemy.
    Ultimately the charge of the swordmasters broke the kislev line while both the dragon princes and the ellyrian reavers tried to to flank his forces.

Battle II

Kislev (Nero The Victor) vs Averland (Maias) 30.000. Some Russian map I can't pronounce nor spell

Replay: http://www.mediafire.com/?qmwdjml0tzf

I tried making a classic Nuln heavy bombard fireline backed up by a strong throng of infantry. I offcourse sought to fortify the highest hill I could find though while deploying I accidently hit enter searching for the chat button (learned afterwards offcourse). Though luckily only a few units got left out of the line because of it. To begin with the forces only really clashed with pistolliers facing off Kisliv mounted gunners while trying to protect the Dogs of War unit.
    However the swift charge of griffon legion made short work of all those units. From there it went swiftly downward for the empire. I tried desperate to reform the ranks so I could shield against the cavalry riding in from the plains, not with great success. When the Kislev line charged forward, my line was a mess and preformed badly.

Some more charges from that pesky griffon legion and the empire line was broken. Luckily for the honour of the empire, the general charged into the fray with a lone knight at the end killing a few before being cut down (see attachment)

Battle III

Vampire Count (Nero The Victor) vs Orcs and Goblins 10.000 random map

Replay: http://www.mediafire.com/?2w42zowyiyo

Too tired to write out something about the battle now.

Anyhow more are welcome to join the fray and test their favourite race!

Last edited by Maias227; January 10, 2010 at 05:25 PM. Reason: New battle

Now that I no longer have exams hanging over my head I'm hoping others will join in so the armies of the warhammer world can have their battles.

Mr. Sorrow's Avatar Ordinarius

I will surely join, when MY exams are not kicking me...There is nothing Shakespearesque about Civil Law.

A few battles again today and some more replays of different races in action to watch.

Druchii vs. Orcs

My first battle with the druchii against kuru and didn't go so well. The sheer weight of the green horde proved too much for even the skilled dark elves. (Me vs kuru)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/t2j0zmqmtoi/dark elves vs orcs.rpy

Besieged Empire vs Chaos

An imperial city under attack by chaos, who had brought both demons and hellcanons. Tricky siege which eventually ended with the last two chaos warriors running off. (Me vs. Nero)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/xzmwjemy2hl/empire vs chaos.rpy

Vampire Counts vs Kislev

Under the gudiance of the tough blood dragons the shambling hordes of the living dead managed to overcome the stallwart kislev defences. (Me vs kuru)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wkynzjmt22j/vc vs kislev.rpy

As you can see there's plenty of action to be had in the hamachi channel for those who want to try best other warhammer generals!

It often happens that the games in lobby are incompatible. To avoid this players should use the same files to play. For now we use hotfix(http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...rhammer+hotfix) + translation (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...er+translation). Yesterday I was unable to play witch one player, who downloaded the hotfix from the same link as me. The reason was that I have done this day or two befere him, and since then they updated a hotfix. The file name of updated and old hotfix was the same, but thye differed slightly in size.
    After i have copied new file the games become compatible.

So if players want to avoid incompatibility they should install same files from same links, but they also should install it at the same time, so that they both have the same version.

Yep. We need more players to get involved with us, a small community is growing, and the more international attention we get the better chances of smooth gaming for all. Had a blast with these guys, so come join in.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

I would love to play as soon as regional Science Fair and my exams are done

Just had a game with Maias. Great fun, I'll let him do the report if he wants. I'm on now and wanting to play another!

Citizen

This is really fun you guys! Everyone should try at least one battle

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Hmm.. This indeed sounds fun. I'll try it someday

Valiant Champion's Avatar Praepositus

Any uber units discovered?

BETTER PIKES
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...2#post16143112

THE PIKE WARS HAVE BEGUN!

I don't know about "uber", but it seems that the factions with less costly units are somewhat at an advantage, from the battles i've been in.

Citizen

Yeah, squigs

Actually, the nations are suprisingly balanced for Multiplay

From what I have tried I think vampire counts are a tad overpowered. Apart from that haven't really gotten a clear image of anything really overpowering.

Valiant Champion's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Maias227 View Post
    From what I have tried I think vampire counts are a tad overpowered. Apart from that haven't really gotten a clear image of anything really overpowering.
    I can imagine that as a skilled opponent would have a hard time generating an insta-rout with an army that mostly won't rout.

BETTER PIKES
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...2#post16143112

THE PIKE WARS HAVE BEGUN!

Citizen

Yeah, the skellies are pretty tough

The races seem pretty balanced OVERALL but here is some niggling

- Dwarves, for a race with no cavalry and no ANTI cavalry (pikes, halberds, etc) they simply cannot contend with cavalry and have virtually no way to kill it. Need to buff their troops, or at least give some of the 2hers "good against cavalry." Subpar race over all (my favorite one )

-Dark elves units are really expensive. Prices of upper level units are fine, swordsmen crossbowmen and spearmen need to be reduced in price (1000/1000 for the meleers and 1250 for crossbowers)

-High elves running at the drop of a hat needs fixen'

Also, for the vampire counts thing I dont think they are really overpowered, but they are very good. Their base units do almost NO damage, though fairly hard to kill. Nerf grave guard a tiny bit and boom, there you go.

Citizen

I agree with alpha. The Dark/High Elves need a cost reduction and the High Elves do need more moral

The Dwarves need maybe just one or two anti-cavalry units, but they shouldn't be to strong. The stakes they can deploy can make up for that

Citizen

Sorry for the double post, but i just wanted to post two of my favorite battles (both between me and Alphawolf29)

Just extract the replays to your replays folder (C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\teutonic\replays)

Battle one
    This was my very first on-line battle actually. It was between Reikland (me) and Sylvannia (alpha). I deployed on the side of a cliff, hoping he would come from the front, but he came from the side! I had to react quickly and change my formation around, hoping to defend against his dreaded Grave Guards! Will I get my formation set up in time? Will I be able to off his undead legions with raw recruits? Watch the replay to find out!
    Replay

Battle two
    This was another good battle. This one was between the Dwarves (me) and Da Orcs (alpha). It was a tough one. I deployed my sure to be outnumbered forces outside of the woods to have a good view of the enemy. After may deployment, I saw them. A tide of Greenskins charged out of the forest with an unrelenting WAAAAAGH! war cry. Will my Dwarves hold out? Or will the tide of Greenskins overwhelm my forces? Watch and find out
    Replay

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast