Page 87 of 168 FirstFirst ... 3762777879808182838485868788899091929394959697112137 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 3348

Thread: IWTE - World editing - (General Discussion)

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Default Re: IWTE - World editing(Added tutorial)

Good work! The animation looks nice.

About the soldiers on the top of the house, remember that the AI will not deploy any units there unless you make the house a "mainobject" "wall". But if you do this, the attacker AI will spend projectiles on it until it is destroyed. If there is no damage levels on the house, then they will spend all the projectiles in it in vain and then get stuck, ruining the battle. Also, the AI does not know the difference between infantary or artillery when deplying on walls, wich means they will not necessarily deploy archers on this house but also infantary, and those infantry soldiers would just get there doing nothing until the attackers climb the house and attack them. That also depends on what perimeter you will include this house, if you include it in the first perimeter, AI units deployed on this house will leave it right when the first line of walls/gate (first perimeter) is broken. If you keep the house on the second perimeter, then they will still on the house even after the first line of walls is broken, that works logically successively for the 3 possible lines of perimeters, but remember the infantry/archer issue would still.

PS: Do you have only 2 posts? A perfect example that almost all questions about IWTE are answered on the forums and people should start searching more than just asking here.
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; August 31, 2013 at 09:18 AM.

Libertus

wow, thank you for the comprehensive information. You talk about the first and second perimeter, how can i do this. I already thought about, but did not yet found how to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post

PS: Do you have only 2 posts? A perfect example that almost all questions about IWTE are answered on the forums and people should start searching more than just asking here.
    yes, it`s me. I always try to do by myself, then I ask. The IWTE-manual is explained very clearly and the forum is also helpfull.

FireFreak111's Avatar Artifex

Hey, I am having an issue with one custom settlement. The entire settlement is flashing in and out of existence.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?0lin624fis5dskf

I have no idea how and why, its a settlement from De Bello Mundi.

Hiya, That looks like it was probably done with JohnWhile's tool not ours (think that's his mod too)

the issue seems to be there's nothing set for the bounding box sizes in Table 1 - if you convert the binary to text you get

Code:
    # =====================================================================
    #                               Table 1                                
      5    0
     -23.6917419434  +24.7802314758   +5.9959182739     2     2     2     1     2     2    -1    -1     2     2     3     4     2    -1    -1     0    -1   +0.0000000000   +0.0000000000   +0.0000000000   +0.0000000000   +0.0000000000   +0.0000000000 # Row no.0
    -180.7550811768 -132.2831115723 -151.0674133301     2     2     2    -1    -1     2    -1    -1     2     2    -1    -1     2    -1    -1     2     0   +0.0000000000   +0.0000000000   +0.0000000000   +0.0000000000   +0.0000000000   +0.0000000000 # Row no.1
    -180.7550811768 -132.2831115723 +163.0592651367     2     2     2    -1    -1     2    -1    -1     2     2    -1    -1     2    -1    -1     2     1   +0.0000000000   +0.0000000000   +0.0000000000   +0.0000000000   +0.0000000000   +0.0000000000 # Row no.2
    +133.3715972900 -132.2831115723 -151.0674133301     2     2     2    -1    -1     2    -1    -1     2     2    -1    -1     2    -1    -1     2     2   +0.0000000000   +0.0000000000   +0.0000000000   +0.0000000000   +0.0000000000   +0.0000000000 # Row no.3
    +133.3715972900 -132.2831115723 +163.0592651367     2     2     2    -1    -1     2    -1    -1     2     2    -1    -1     2    -1    -1     2     3   +0.0000000000   +0.0000000000   +0.0000000000   +0.0000000000   +0.0000000000   +0.0000000000 # Row no.4
    #                               Table 2                                
    at the start..

the 6 zero floats at the end of those lines should be the bounding box size - first row for the whole settlement
    then for the complex number 0,1,2,3 (number just before the floats)

float order should be
    min x, min y (height), min z, max x, max y, max z.

Did that settlement actually work in the mod and just break when you tried to do something to it with IWTE?

if so it's probably because his tool is using a different structure for that table 1 section with just parent and child relationship boxes, so there's only 8 possible cubes things can be assigned to

IWTE uses a parent/child/grandchild structure with 64 possible cubes - erm, see
    http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/.world_file_-_M2TW#Table_1
    ...that's because it's the way CA did it...

anyway IWTE doesn't seem to like that section - I tried text editing the bounding box values in, but it wiped them out again... I could possibly try and convert it into a parent/child/grandchild version but my enthusiasm level isn't that high Is there any way you can do what you were trying to do with JohnWhile's tool instead?

If it never worked, just tell him he's missing the bounding box sizes...
    Last edited by makanyane; September 01, 2013 at 07:24 AM. Reason: posted attempted fix version by mistake...

Quote Originally Posted by AriovistusSuebus View Post
    wow, thank you for the comprehensive information. You talk about the first and second perimeter, how can i do this. I already thought about, but did not yet found how to do that.
    On GAMEOBJECTS tab, click on "assign perimeters", select the objects in the 2d view nd click the buttons, its self explanatory.
    Check a vanilla med2 citadel to see how perimeters are set and you will understand the system. (go on VIEW tab and click "View World - 2d")

Seems like the CONVERT TEXTURE TO DDS button does not work anymore on the newer version of IWTE.

@makanyane
    Thanks for the reply .

Unfortunately I don't have 3dsmax. I had to change the techtree names and the file paths to work with our mod. Sort of stuck here, as we need this settlement for Divide and Conquer for our wildmen culture, but I can't use the original tool to change these filepaths. Is there a way to manually place these filepaths and the techtree name changes in? It's really strange, I did the same changes for large_town version of the settlement, worked 100% fine.

Here's a link to the original files just in case:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?kcjy91sor2hdnsn

might be that the larger settlements use different set up for that table 1 thingy...

anyway yes - you should be able to do it fairly easily with hex editor
    open (but don't save with IWTE) look up existing path names and techtree slot names so you know what you're looking for

open .world with hex editor and search for a bit of the name
    they're all written in 'plain text'
    but with an integer encoded 4 bytes before the start which gives the string length.

you should be able to just change the text and encode the new string length (carefully...)

the techtree slots also have a non-standard size - if you want it to use vanilla tech worldpkgdescs you need to change that too
    again it's written in readable text, if you search for marketDBM then a few lines after that you'll see
    size****48x32
    the **** bit is the encoded integer 5 which is the string length of '48x32'

if you get in a mess I can do that bit - but need you to tell me what they should be...

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs
    Seems like the CONVERT TEXTURE TO DDS button does not work anymore on the newer version of IWTE.
    Thanks Leo hadn't spotted that. I somehow deleted the button connections. It'll be corrected for the next release which I expect to be later this month.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    On GAMEOBJECTS tab, click on "assign perimeters", select the objects in the 2d view nd click the buttons, its self explanatory.
    Check a vanilla med2 citadel to see how perimeters are set and you will understand the system. (go on VIEW tab and click "View World - 2d")
    Thanks, I will try.

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

I am attempting to try to learn how to use the IWTE tool. Never tried before. Have a few questions before I can get started.

1. What version of photoshop is recommended? Or is there another program that I should use instead?
    2. Is 1.8.4 milkshape the correct version to use?

@Andytheplatypus - sorry for the delay.
    1. You just need any program that can open TGA's. Photoshop is one of the best but there are other products and free ones (GIMP). Basically it needs to be able to edit alpha masks as well.
    2. Milkshape - doesn't really matter which version. I use 1.8.5 (current latest version) but 1.8.6 I understand is in progress but as not yet released hasn't been tested yet).

@Andytheplatypus - sorry for the delay.
    1. You just need any program that can open TGA's. Photoshop is one of the best but there are other products and free ones (GIMP). Basically it needs to be able to edit alpha masks as well.
    2. Milkshape - doesn't really matter which version. I use 1.8.5 (current latest version) but 1.8.6 I understand is in progress but as not yet released hasn't been tested yet).

Finally making decent progress on those .anim rotations. They feature quite a bit so wanted to try and resolve most of them. Main gate rotations seem to be working OK. Now going though the combinations for the other rotations... completely stumped me originally as the main data wasn't quaternions or Eulers. Now sussed out how it is scaling them but need to sort out some of the flip combinations still.

This blocked me for ages so pleased to of finally sussed this (mostly) out.

Possibly quicker than the guys trying to get his server to stop going down more time than a ....

Hi guys.
    As you know Im out but there is still a issue on my sub-mod.
    I edited all the religious buildings, from all cultures, in milkshape, deleting its crosses. Its ok. The point is that the game is still loading the vanilla ones.

The edited ones are in the correct folder in the sub-mod:
    data/settlments/techtree/north_european (also south and meso folders)...

Any idea?

are they appearing in campaign map battles or just custom battles? I've suspected that custom battle stuff tends to ignore the mod-folder structure at times...

anyways the only fixes I can think of are to re-name either the slot (if you've already replaced all the settlements that shouldn't be too hard, just rename the slot type in each settlement and make new pkg's for that slot type for each of the buildings, but move the files to a new location so there isn't a vanilla version in /data above) ... or re-name the buildings in EDB and also the type name in the pkgs, and again relocate the path to something that doesn't exist in vanilla, that might require more cross reference stuff though, as the building names will tend to turn up in the advice/traits/ancillaries/&scripts files, plus the /text files.

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    and also the type name in the pkgs
    Sorry mak I could not understand anything you said.

are to re-name either the slot
    What do you mean with slot?

(if you've already replaced all the settlements
    What do you mean with replacing settlements? Some of mine refer to unique ones or generic nes but some point to vanilla pkgs.

and also the type name in the pkgs
    The "type" box, right?

I really need a new version of IWTE now with the convert texture button fixed.
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; October 22, 2013 at 02:47 PM.

Can anyone help to get rid of this bug, please?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

@makanyane
    Hey, I have now returned to IWTE to fix the town settlement. I have tried hexediting the code back in, but so far the problem is reencoding the integer to the new letter number. I have no idea how to do this. For the techtree, that was easy as they are encoded as a number. All the paths have their first of the four digits set as a letter/numeral hybrid. If you could still do this for me, I can give you the paths and techtree names, the original upload still works.

For the file paths, all I need changed is the settlements/north_european section changed to settlements/mesoamerican for the core file paths.

For the techtree:
    marketDBM - market
    smithDBM - smithy
    AcademyDBM - tavern
    templedbm - church
    palacedbm - generic

The worldterrain mask paths have been done through IWTE already, along with the worldpkg.

I can do it myself otherwise if you can explain how to reencode the larger file names with HxD.

Quote Originally Posted by FireFreak111 View Post
    @makanyane
    I can do it myself otherwise if you can explain how to reencode the larger file names with HxD.
    HxD won't encode automatically - you can look up something like http://www.binaryhexconverter.com/de...-hex-converter
    and type in the result (suprised you didn't end up with part letter hex numbers before...)

Or you could you use XVI32 - it's free and way better for that sort of thing. In that go to Tools (select to have Data Inspector up as that helps you interpret what's there already) - to encode a number you just need "Tools" then "Encode number..." then select the "integer (2 bytes)" radar button, and type the number you want in the box at the top - hit OK

if you need me to do it can you send me the link to the files again... they're possibly on my computer somewhere, but I have no idea where

@lekseus
    assume you mean the units 'stacking' while they're on the ladders - that's not anything we've ever looked at - suggest you try asking in the general workshop area.

@leo.civil.uefs
    sorry missed you....

What do you mean with slot?
    when you load a settlement in IWTE and view the Techtrees, the names on them are the "slot names", i.e. generic / market / church etc..

if you change your settlements so they use NewChurch, instead of Church as the slot name, then make new .worldpkgdesc's with "NewChurch" as the CATEGORY
    then those settlements can only look for techtree buildings which have that NewChurch category

to be doubly safe also make sure you direct them to a path that only exists in your mod-folder, don't use the same name/locations as in vanilla for your techtree .world files

What do you mean with replacing settlements? Some of mine refer to unique ones or generic nes but some point to vanilla pkgs.
    If you're still using say the vanilla NE large_city and you wanted to change the slot name to fix this, then you'd end up having to add your (slightly revised) version of the NE large_city to the mod... if there's a lot of things like that, you could end up adding a lot of MB just to fix this.

The "type" box, right?
    Yup that's if instead of the above ^^ you change the building's name in export_descr_buildings.txt. Do remember though that you'd have to change the name in all the other text files it might appear in.

I really need a new version of IWTE now with the convert texture button fixed.
    Doesn't Alpaca's old dds/texture convertor work for you? It should unless you upgraded your python installation to something too recent. Or an old version of IWTE... I'll remind wilddog but I think the next version of IWTE is currently stuck mid wall animation unraveling attempt

P.S. you didn't tell me when the vanilla techtrees were turning up is it just in custom battles? If it's everywhere did you remember that CA can't spell????

ie. the vanilla folders in \techtree are
    north_euorpean
    and
    south_eurpean
    to 'overwrite' them you need to copy the mis-spelling.