Page 6 of 168 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156106 ... LastLast

Thread: IWTE - World editing - (General Discussion)

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

Default Re: IWTE - World edditing

@ twmodder - thanks for your info on this.

Latest version now added version 1_3_5 with the corrections for the add deployment node to show the accept button

Also came across a couple of other bit so sorted them.

Block tabs deliberately hides the OK button until enough actions have been completed to actually say OK to (there's some fairly complex interactions).

One item I forgot to warn, thee is an option to add a ground door. This is a step process. If you add it and try to load the game I assume it crashes as its suppose to be connected to a deployment block or a path table. Once added to one of these tables it should all be OK. Just a warning but it made more sense to me at least to keep it as a separate operation.

Amon Amarth 930's Avatar Artifex

I would ask if it is difficult to make it possible for units to reach the roof of buildings and towers like here:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

(For every castle and city of course)

If it is not "too difficult", i would give it a try.

Third Age Member (Fellowship-Scripter)
    Under the Patronage of MasterBigAb

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Amarth 930 View Post
    I would ask if it is difficult to make it possible for units to reach the roof of buildings and towers like here:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

(For every castle and city of course)

If it is not "too difficult", i would give it a try.

I think the major challenge for this thing to happen would be the unit size i.e. no of soldiers. Like 60 would really make things up there tight.

The tool supports it but its not that straight forward.
    You would have to amend the model to add a 'door way' and remove the bit of floor that represents the doorways floor from the object floor.
    you would then create a table block for the remaining floor
    add a door to the block
    add a door to the ground
    add a path between the doors
    That's about it... but as Ishan points out you can only use the table block and its deployment area if a unit will fit in it in the first place so unit sizes would need to be relatively small.

Thanks for the detailed Informations.
    Maybe, if i have some time, i will give it a try.

But at the moment i have enough other modding-things to do

And about the unit size i think why not create a new archer unit with small size but more damage power.

While using the tool I've come across a few minor bugs which I'm fixing as I go along. Mainly around wiping out the last of something and then adding from scratch.

is there any possiblity to create a just with a settlement modding for a new settlement in the grand campain? usin M2tw?

Quote Originally Posted by rammstei123
    is there any possiblity to create a just with a settlement modding for a new settlement in the grand campain? usin M2tw?
    If you mean like this,

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...10#post7744910

then yes.

Fable's Avatar Tiro

Hi

Great tool it seems, maybe we can finally have campaign costum stellements in the future
    I am a bit confused about somthing though:

I've heard that when you edit one building in a city for a certain culture/religion, then ALL buildings will like it in all other cities owned by the faction/religion.
    I.E. im someone created minas tirrith (or london :p), then all other cities would look like minas tirith.

Does this (otherwise wonderful) tool solve this problem, so that you can have single, unqiue cities/castles in the campaign?
    Like ONE Minas Tirith or ONE london, with the rest of a culture/faction settlements looking like normal vanilla!
    Last edited by Fable; July 26, 2010 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fable
    I've heard that when you edit one building in a city for a certain culture/religion, then ALL buildings will like it in all other cities owned by the faction/religion.
    I.E. im someone created minas tirrith (or london :p), then all other cities would look like minas tirith.

Does this (otherwise wonderful) tool solve this problem, so that you can have single, unqiue cities/castles in the campaign?
    Like ONE Minas Tirith or ONE london, with the rest of a culture/faction settlements looking like normal vanilla!
    I think you are mixing up a couple of questions.

Firstly the question on editing individual buildings. I think you are referring to the tech tree slots which would use a similar building for a particular level of a building. This tool support amending them but it doesn't support any changes to them with regard to the settlement.

If a building is part of the settlement itself then it simply exists as part of the settlement.

MTW2 allows you to set settlements at a Faction/Settlement level/ castle or Town type of split that's all (as far as I know).

Fable's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by wilddog View Post
    I think you are mixing up a couple of questions.

Firstly the question on editing individual buildings. I think you are referring to the tech tree slots which would use a similar building for a particular level of a building. This tool support amending them but it doesn't support any changes to them with regard to the settlement.

If a building is part of the settlement itself then it simply exists as part of the settlement.

MTW2 allows you to set settlements at a Faction/Settlement level/ castle or Town type of split that's all (as far as I know).
    So what you're basicly saying is that you can make changes(like making it look in a differnt way) that only apply to that specific settlement?

Quote Originally Posted by Fable View Post
    So what you're basicly saying is that you can make changes(like making it look in a differnt way) that only apply to that specific settlement?
    I think u misunderstood.
    We can edit and alter any settlement but that like village for example will be same for the entire culture like South_european.
    The max we can do is make a faction specific village for that culture.
    But still all the villages for that faction will be the same.

Also every settlemnt has a entry for it's faction creator in descr_strat.txt file if you have a village that has a faction creator spain then will see the village on the battle map that has been assigned for Spain.
    After you have conquered it and upgraded it to higher level then the faction_creator entry changes to ur xy faction.
    Hope this helps fill ur query.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    I think u misunderstood.
    We can edit and alter any settlement but that like village for example will be same for the entire culture like South_european.
    The max we can do is make a faction specific village for that culture.
    But still all the villages for that faction will be the same.

Also every settlemnt has a entry for it's faction creator in descr_strat.txt file if you have a village that has a faction creator spain then will see the village on the battle map that has been assigned for Spain.
    After you have conquered it and upgraded it to higher level then the faction_creator entry changes to ur xy faction.
    Hope this helps fill ur query.
    A lot of people are hoping we get custom settlements for the Third Age mod one day, i'll take helms deep as an example. Could this be accomplished by making it unable to upgrade any fortress to a citadel, and give rohan 1 citadel at the start? In theory all rohan created citadels would look like helms deep, but you could never get more then one.

A lot of people are hoping we get custom settlements for the Third Age mod one day, i'll take helms deep as an example. Could this be accomplished by making it unable to upgrade any fortress to a citadel, and give rohan 1 citadel at the start? In theory all rohan created citadels would look like helms deep, but you could never get more then one.
    That's one way to do it. Or do it the same way they assigned some of their unique settlements.

Isn't it possible to assign custom settlement plans to a settlement in descr_strat like in RTW?

Fable's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by wilddog View Post
    That's one way to do it. Or do it the same way they assigned some of their unique settlements.
    And what way would that be?

Version 1_3_6 released July 29th. Some extra functionality and a couple of crucial bug fixes (see first page).

Very nice work with the Tool!
    Great pioneer-work on editing the castles and cities

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Sorry if this is off topic:

I want ballista towers for the first tier of stone walls in castles and settlements.

Is this the place? The tool? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Woof