Page 54 of 168 FirstFirst ... 42944454647484950515253545556575859606162636479104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 3348

Thread: IWTE - World editing - (General Discussion)

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: IWTE - World editing(Added tutorial)

@makanyane
    Alright that definitely explains a lot more. Here's what I did now:

1) I went to Gameobjects and the 2D view showed up as you said, I selected the gate and it turned red. I hit assign perimeters and it turned blue.
    2) After that I went to Collision/Anim and selected Pick New Animation (with the gate selected). I chose the Fort's three files with a gate animation. Suddenly the blue image of the gate changed to an open position so I assumed that worked.
    3) I saved and tested it in game.... but it still crashes at the loading screen.

think I might have found the remaining problem - load your files and in 'WorldFiles' tab use 'update referenced paths' button;

the ones you posted have
    animinstances Path; settlements/North_European/ambient_settlements/fort/NE_Fort_A.animInstances

the changes you've made will have altered the .animinstances file - unless you actually copied the revised file into the NE_Fort folder you're now trying to run with out of sync .world and .animinstances files.....

try changing the animinstances path to direct to your new folder/name and 'save 3 binary files' again.

(its fine leaving the terrain/pathfinding/vegetation files in the NE_fort folder till you actually want to change them - but note the references to the maps/overlays/mask.textures are IN the .worldterrain file - can be changed at 'Terrain1' 'Amend WT Mask TGA paths' to get that to direct to the ones in your new folder)

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    think I might have found the remaining problem - load your files and in 'WorldFiles' tab use 'update referenced paths' button;
    I tried it out and updated referenced paths, and then saved all three files. It still crashes on loading though.

can you send me the files as they are now - I'll try it and attempt to send you back a fixed version.

Patrician Artifex

can you send me the files as they are now - I'll try it and attempt to send you back a fixed version.
    Here it is. If you could get it to work that would be great, but I'd still like to know what I did wrong so I can do it myself.

OK- I think you have fallen victim to a little quirk in IWTE (as I just did the first time I tried it)

you'd not actually managed to change the path to the animinstances file

IWTE has a 'sanity check' on some of the text bits which require you to use the correct file type name
    as it was set to match the original .world file it requires
    .animInstances
    with a capital I for the anim file (though actually the upper/lower case doesn't matter in the file name) you probably tried putting it in as .animinstances and didn't notice the error message (see attached pic) - so it ignored your change. I'll see if I can get wilddog to make that a bit more flexible when he does the next patch to the tool.....

have returned the .world file with path changed - note though you may need to change it again as I've assumed your file path is
    settlements/hyrule_captialtestX/castltetest1.animInstances
    if it isn't that you'll need to change the path again.

Anyway after that it loaded for me (I had to bodge a texture to use your texture name so couldn't see correct effect, but it looks like its going to be nice )

Patrician Artifex

OK- I think you have fallen victim to a little quirk in IWTE (as I just did the first time I tried it)

you'd not actually managed to change the path to the animinstances file

IWTE has a 'sanity check' on some of the text bits which require you to use the correct file type name
    as it was set to match the original .world file it requires
    .animInstances
    with a capital I for the anim file (though actually the upper/lower case doesn't matter in the file name) you probably tried putting it in as .animinstances and didn't notice the error message (see attached pic) - so it ignored your change. I'll see if I can get wilddog to make that a bit more flexible when he does the next patch to the tool.....

have returned the .world file with path changed - note though you may need to change it again as I've assumed your file path is
    settlements/hyrule_captialtestX/castltetest1.animInstances
    if it isn't that you'll need to change the path again.

Anyway after that it loaded for me (I had to bodge a texture to use your texture name so couldn't see correct effect, but it looks like its going to be nice )
    I tried doing it myself and it still crashed on the loading screen. I tried the file you sent here and it still crashes on the loading screen too...

you need to check through all the links in the process

what are you trying to load this as (castle / fort etc)?
    you've got a gatehouse in it - if you're trying to load as something which doesn't have a gatehouse in it's descr_walls level then that could be a problem.

is the .worldpkgdesc that's meant to be loading it correct - double check path/folder names for misspelling in that.

does it really still work if you go back to the old gate version (with the files using current names) - or is there anything else you changed in the other files it's looking up - it's still looking at the terrain files in the NE_fort folder and it needs the textures in the blockset folder...

have you got your log file set on *trace* ? if so could you post a copy of that - sometimes the error is shown a little way above the bottom - then it stalls and keeps printing same stuff while its crashing.

Patrician Artifex

@makanyane
    I'm loading it as the Northern European Fort. It works completely fine if I keep the default Fort gate that comes with that settlement, even with my own custom modeled buildings replacing others. It's just when I delete that gate and replace it with mine that I get the crash on startup. I've tried going back to the old names as well (NE_fort_A) with no luck. The log has no errors at all in it, but I'll attach it here anyway from when it loads the settlement.

you've got a gatehouse in it - if you're trying to load as something which doesn't have a gatehouse in it's descr_walls level then that could be a problem.
    seems to be that bit - if I take your revised files (where you fixed the gate perimeter but hadn't changed the path from NE_fort animinstances) rename them to NE_fort_a and put them in the fort folder (as per your log)

then it loads fine in custom battle with Fort siege selected BUT that's with my modified descr_walls.txt
    if I take out my descr_walls so it uses vanilla then I get the crash on loading bar.

suspect you have the 'gatehouse' main object in the revised gate version but not the earlier version.

try either setting the 'gatehouse' object back to default (& double check by re-opening the saved files that its worked)

or

add the gatehouse chunk copied from the later sections in descr_walls to the earlier levels that don't have it at the moment eg. this bit;
    Code:
    	gatehouse
    	{
    		full_health 800
    		control_area_radius 10
    		manned 1
    		battle_stats flammability_none impact_damage_high
    		localised_name gatehouse

missile_level
    		{
    			stat		12, 0, arrow, 120, 10, missile, missile_mechanical, piercing, arrow_tower, 10, 1
    			stat_attr	no
    			shot_sfx	TOWER_ARROW_FIRING
    			shot_gfx	
    			fire_angle	90

; unit size 	 reload_ms flaming_reload_ms 
    			fire_rate small  1500	   1500
    			fire_rate normal 1250	   1500
    			fire_rate large  1250      1500
    			fire_rate huge   1250      1500
    		}

oil_level
    		{
    			stat		1, 0, oil, 50, 10, missile, missile_mechanical, piercing, arrow_tower, 40, 1
    			stat_attr	no
    			shot_sfx	TOWER_ARROW_FIRING
    			shot_gfx	boiling_oil_set
    			fire_angle	90
    			slot_yaw	-135 135
    			slot_pitch	-95 -70

; unit size 	 reload_ms flaming_reload_ms 
    			fire_rate small  32500	   	31000
    			fire_rate normal 32500	  	31000
    			fire_rate large  32500		31000
    			fire_rate huge   32500    	31000			
    		}
    	}

Hey,
    I just tried to convert several RTW stramapmodels to ms3d. THese were:
    barb_large_town_buildings
    barb_large_town_wall0
    roman_city_buildings

The dos windows either says "memory error" or something like "not enough items". Ressembles quite much to the error codes I get when using KE's converter. Won't RTW stratmodels work or did I do something wrong?

EDIT: I have now access to MEII cas files, tried that ones, and the converter works fine. As it seems, RTW models can't be dealt with - maybe this fact is worth noticing somewhere (if not yet done). Anyway - great tool +rep
    Last edited by Fridericus Secundus; December 15, 2011 at 10:39 AM.

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

@Fridericus Secundus - Hi, I just added it really to support the Kingdoms models at the moment. I'll have a look at the RTW ones possibly (got to reload that). It also handles some of the other cas's but needs some refinements which I'll probably just build into some drop down options.

Patrician Artifex

@makanyane
    Problem solved!!! Adding a gatehouse entry to each other wall type fixied it. Thank you so much for your patience and help, I'll be sure to contact you if I run into any other settlement related problems but I think everything should go smoothly from here since this was the only problem I ran into.

EDIT: I spoke too soon.... apparently I can't attack the gate, and if I hover the cursor over it for more then a few seconds I get a CTD.
    Last edited by UndyingNephalim; December 15, 2011 at 09:59 PM.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

well now that TATW 3.0 is out and everyone is talking about his creators and all I would like to thank you two for IWTE, without what, nothing would be possible.

THANKS!
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; December 16, 2011 at 08:29 PM.

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs
    well now that TATW 3.0 is out and everyone is talking about his creators and all I would like to thank you two for IWTE, without what, nothing would be possible.

THANKS!
    Thanks Leo, very much appreciated ... and thanks to King Kong and DA

(I've downloaded TATW ... but not had time to play yet).

yes, thanks to all who built this tool and created TATW 3.0 and all other great mods!

Hopefully one day the source code will be released and alot more can be done!

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; December 17, 2011 at 11:51 AM.

Sorry fot the double post.

I heard that you can PAINT the terrain itself with the textures that the engine fits automatically. Its possible? How?

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    Sorry fot the double post.

I heard that you can PAINT the terrain itself with the textures that the engine fits automatically. Its possible? How?
    not 100% sure what you meant by that...

but for the area covered by the settlement terrain/veg files (size adjustable in IWTE) you can use the four mask.tga's specified within the .worldterrain file to apply whichever texture micro and macro are assigned to that mask. that gives you the ability to apply four textures over the default ones within the area covered by your .worldterrain & .worldvegetation

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    apparently I can't attack the gate, and if I hover the cursor over it for more then a few seconds I get a CTD.
    Is there any idea as to why this might be occuring for me?