Page 10 of 168 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560110 ... LastLast

Thread: IWTE - World editing - (General Discussion)

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

Default Re: IWTE - World edditing

Quote Originally Posted by beho
    Is there a better way to delete the "needless" structures?
    Hi
    I'm working on an option to create an MS3d file which has just the level 0 (undamaged) objects in. Decided this might help anyway as it would reduce the vertexes etc for some of the bigger structures that hit the Ms3d limits - so might support extracting an undamaged version that could be edited in MS3d.

beho's Avatar Libertus

Hey wilddog,

that would be awesome! May be that you can decide between destroyed and undestroyed buildings.
    I'm waiting for the next version.

André

that would be awesome! May be that you can decide between destroyed and undestroyed buildings.
    At the moment I'm just setting it as an additional option to extract all undamaged building options within a structure. That will be included in the next release as the coding has been done now.

I just need to resolve some other bug bits but may go for a quick release before the end of the month (or sooner).

Opifex

Wilddog, that's totally unfair, I keep adding all those rep points to you but you're not seeing them (because it's disabled)

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

beho's Avatar Libertus

Hey wilddog

that's just great!

André

Quote Originally Posted by SigniferOne
    Wilddog, that's totally unfair, I keep adding all those rep points to you but you're not seeing them (because it's disabled)
    It's disabled because whilst its great to get rep points for doing something worthwhile its also not something that bothers me much .. but for the record I think you're uncommented one (so I can't tell who gave it) just gave me a whole 140.. so not exactly something for me to shout about anyway.

Came across a bug when converting 'mainobjects' back to default. Don't use this option at the moment. Think its tied to not updating table 2 correctly. Sorry

I plan to correct in the next release (4.1)

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Is there a pdf guide of use?
    Step by step guide with pictures would be very helpfull for old guys like me .
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII
    Step by step guide with pictures would be very helpfull for old guys like me .
    A tutorial is being worked on by King Kong. I'm still trying to sort out bugs and finish off the last few things... and I suspect your more a youngster compared to me

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by wilddog View Post
    A tutorial is being worked on by King Kong. I'm still trying to sort out bugs and finish off the last few things... and I suspect your more a youngster compared to me
    Thanks but i wouldn't bet that i am younger than you if i was you.
    I am "studying" ancient/medieval/modern Greek history/warfare/equipment the last 30 years...But i am a lot older than 30 i am afraid..
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

It is well known that Wilddog is in his late 80's.

Looking forward to the tutorial. I hope it make things simple!
    Last edited by The Bruce; October 19, 2010 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Exaggeration

Auto-Nabishtam's Avatar Civis

Yes,Yes, Yes a tutorial for elementary or down levels biggners (likeme) with image explainig the tutorials.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bruce
    It is well known that Wilddog is in his late 80's.
    Well it feels like it sometimes...

Finished some more bug fixes and added in the direction markers. Just got to decide whether to press on with the tech tree slots or release this version.

tech tree.

TTW GRANDMASTER

Quote Originally Posted by il_duce_!
    tech tree.
    As its the last bit I agree so have started work on that. I'm only going to set up for the current standard sizes though.

The bits I was calling direction markers should really of been called defense points .. sorry for that but Mak/myself hadn't had time to cross check until now.

Anyway once this is done at least we can get more seriously on with PKH (after over a 15 month diversion).. before KoT Scots/Isles catches up too much.. (sorry The Bruce you deserved that for the age dig)

beho's Avatar Libertus

Hey wilddog,

how does it look with the structures? If it's allready done pls release it.

André

how does it look with the structures? If it's already done pls release it.
    The bit to only extract the undamaged structures is done. The tech tree slots shouldn't take very long so I should release fairly soon anyway.

That should cover all the bits of the world file.

Johnwhile was going to do some testing on Pathfinding as he believes there is potentially more that can be done on that subject. If that comes to anything then I'll see whether to add into the tool. Other than that after this release I'm expecting to be able to progress our own mod as the tool should handle most things. Any tool bugs I'll try and address as people encounter of course but not their own errors.

Latest version will change very slightly the create text and write text files as I made some final changes to be able to read (I think) all the .world files. Only affects the last bits of the text files.

I guess my post got buried, so if it's not too annoying I'd like to ask again:

Quote Originally Posted by Tellos Athenaios View Post
    wilddog do you think you could release the source code of the tool at some point? That would be most useful for those of us who want to study how the tool works or want to add features/documentation or want to run it under something that isn't Windows.

Anyway once this is done at least we can get more seriously on with PKH (after over a 15 month diversion).. before KoT Scots/Isles catches up too much.. (sorry The Bruce you deserved that for the age dig)
    Well the earlier we fall behind the longer we have to catch up. We have made good progress and are aiming for a 2020 release. I hope you're still around then.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellos Athenaios
    wilddog do you think you could release the source code of the tool at some point? That would be most useful for those of us who want to study how the tool works or want to add features/documentation or want to run it under something that isn't Windows.
    No plans to. Its a tool to be used as is.

To study the tool use the tool.
    To add a feature - request the feature you need.
    For non windows - bad luck - sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bruce
    Well the earlier we fall behind the longer we have to catch up. We have made good progress and are aiming for a 2020 release. I hope you're still around then.
    you'll probably still beat us to a full release .. assuming I'm still around.