Thread: My version of the afterlife(story, part2 up)

Default My version of the afterlife(story, part2 up)

This is something i have wanted to talk about for some time now.

I dont believe in an afterlife, but i really love to think about how i would want my afterlife to look like.

I guess this is more for us Atheist since believers already have their afterlife explained, but you are of course welcomed to share anyway.

My "perfect" afterlife would be something like this: (sorry for my poor English)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Part 1:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I wake up, everything is dark at first. I am sitting in some sort of bubble floating around in a void.
    Soon i can see beautiful bolt's of light and colour around me, soothing me. Telling me that everything is fine and i need not to be afraid. I am slowly floating around with the beautiful light and colour that is giving me peace and calming me. I can now see other newcomers in bubbles around me, they too are surrounded with light and colour.

We are slowly making our way towards an island in the middle of this dark world, i am starting to hear music and singing voices. The music is calm and wonderful to listen to. I am now so close that i can see people dressed in colourful clothing and they are dancing around a big fire. I land not far from the fire and the dancers, my bubble bursts and i am engulfed by the light and the colours. At first i get scared but a female voice tells me that i have nothing to worry about. My heart now fills with joy and love and i start to cry out of happiness. The light and the colours sinks in to my flesh and rests in me. I now have a blue robe on me. "Blue is you favourite colour" i hear a man say behind me, i turn around and there he is. My father standing with tears in his eyes leaning against a tree with shining fruits. I run to him and we embrace each other. "I am happy to see you" he says with calm and loving voice. "I have missed you" i respond crying.

He tells me to follow him and we start to walk towards a village with beautiful buildings in different colours and shining smoke coming out of the chimneys. More bubbles with people in them are landing all around us with their lost family members standing and waiting for them. "Are you hungry" he says, "yes, a little" i respond. My father walks up to a shining red tree and plucks one of the fruits on a lower branch and then give it to me. The fruit looks similar to an apple, i take a bite, closes my eyes in enjoyment. " It tastes good doesn't it" he says laughing, " i love it" i say.

"Come my son" my father says and we return to the path that leads to the village. We enter the village and the first thing we see are children playing with dogs in the village square, people are standing outside the village square and watching the children play with the loving dogs. "dogs father?" i say smiling, "of course, my son. Animals are just as welcomed here as we are my son". I see dogs and other animals standing next to a man with a violet robe and a long white beard, the man points smiling at me and say something to the animals in a language that i have never heard before. A dog looks at me for a while and the suddenly starts to run towards me, i kneel down and welcome the happy dog with a hug.

"You and him are destined for each other" my father said smiling, "everyone share's a bond to an animal here, you will also find your true love here. Everyone does, boy or girl does not matter here because love is love no matter who it's between."

"We are all free here, no chains or expectations to worry about. Everyone is welcomed to this island no matter what they did in their past life, in this place everyone is free from illnesses and hate."

I give the dog a kiss on the nose and we continue walking past the village square further in to the village. We are following a road that leads towards a hill with a small little brown house and a black straw roof. My father is pointing at the house, "i live in that house" he says with pride in his voice. "I built it with my own hands, when you find your true love, you two will also build a house to live in", "but father i don't know how to find my true love, or how to build a house" i respond with a nervous tone.

"Don't worry son"
    he hugs me, you will find your true love in the next few days, and you will also know how to build your house. There is nothing that you can't do here, you are free to do what you want."

We continue to walk the road leading to the house. After a while we enter the garden to my father's house, and i am shocked to see how beautiful his garden is. There's flowers and bushes everywhere shining in different colours, i take a deep breath and my nose fills with a lovely fragrance.

My father walks up to the wooden door and opens it, "come" he says.
    I walk in and see a big room with a fireplace in one of the corners. There's a table in front of the fireplace with bowls and pots on it, he pulls out one of the chairs and sits down. "That door over there leads to your room" he says smiling and pointing on a blue door next to a big cabinet. I walk to the door and open it, i see a big bed with a lovely wooden frame and a white blanket and pillow. I go further in and see a little table with a chair under a big window, i look out the window and see the entire village.

The village is so beautiful with the shining trees and houses. I open the window and again get the lovely fragrance in my nose, i also hear people laughing and talking. The dog that chose me walked up to me and licked my fingers, i sit down next to him on the chair and start to pet him. "What should i call you my sweet little being, maybe Hakkn, do you like that name?". The dog barked happily.
    "Hakkn it is then i said laughing".

I now felt at peace. My father and i where reunited, and i was living in the most beautiful world that i had never seen before.

"come let's explore this new world "

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Part 2:

I woke up the next morning after a good night's sleep, it took me a while before i could remember where i was and when i did remember a big smile landed on my lips. I could feel Hakkn lie at my feet, sleeping. I had great expectations for this day since my father had promised me to show me the great forest of Kornil which means "life". I got up from bed and took the robe that was hanging over the chair, and put it on. I look out the window, it was dark outside still but the trees and houses lighten up the village with a soothing and warm light. I walked out into the living room where i found my father making up fire in the fireplace, to see him again made me feel so happy and i felt joy again for the first time in a very long time.

- Are you hungry?, he said smiling when he saw me standing by the door to my room.
    - Yes, i think i am actually.
    -Sit down lad, im making porridge with some fruit.

I walked over to the table and pulled a chair out, Hakkn showed up from my room wiggling his tail and he was walking towards me to be petted. My father walked over to me and put a bowl in front of me with the porridge, i tasted it and it was really tasty and fresh. We talked for a long time about life and death. He explained why he died, why he ended his life. After our talk it was brighter outside so we decided to get ready for our visit to Kornil the great forest. It was still a bit chilly outside so my father gave me a blue cape with a hood on so that i wouldn't be to cold, he also gave me a walking staff made of wood. We made our way down the hill towards the square where the children had been playing the previous day. It was still early so there was not a lot of people awake yet. Here and there we could see candles in windows and low voices coming from inside the houses. Hakkn was walking a bit ahead of us when we left the village and was walking towards the place where i had arrived the day before.

-Father how does an animal select to whom it want to share a bond with?
    I asked curiously.
    -No one really knows my lad, perhaps they search our souls and see that the two match. All we do know is that when a bond is made it can not be broken. He said.
    -What if one of them dies? I said with a worried voice.
    -No one can die here son, remember that we are already dead. But there are things in this world that can harm you and imprison you with it's evil. The look upon his face made me worried, what evil can possibly exist in such a beautiful world?
    -You are not ready to learn about this yet my son, i will tell you when the times comes. We are safe in this part of the island, that's all you have to know for the moment.

We had walked past the spot where i landed yesterday and i could now see a shining forest far away in the distance, it was beautiful and magical to look upon. The road we were following led us over hills and creeks, smaller villages and fields of golden hay. After an hour we finally arrived to the border of the great forest of Kornil. I could again hear the same music that was playing for me when i first entered this world, the same soothing feeling struck me again and the female voice yet again spoke to me, telling me not to be afraid.

-Where does the music comes from father?
    -The trees my son.
    He said smiling. - Put your head to one of them and listen.
    I did as my father said.
    -Concentrate son, listen with your whole body and let the music flow into your soul.
    At first i could only hear faint music, i tried to concentrate harder and relax my body, open my mind to the tree. Slowly but surely i could hear the music clearer than before, it was so soothing and warm in a way that i had never experienced music before.
    - The music you hear is different for everyone else, everyone has their own tune. The tree looks into your mind and soul, it knows what music you need to hear in order to calm you. My father walked up to the tree next to me and listened.

My mind was drifting away with the music, i could no longer feel my body or hear my father talking. My mind was now one with the tree. Suddenly i became aware of another presence, i could feel another being.
    -You need not to be afraid, my love. It was the female voice again, the same female voice that talked to me before.
    -Who are you? I asked.
    After my question i felt strong love pouring into me. I had never felt anything like it before, the love was so strong that i almost lost my self in the tree for a while.
    -Silly, i am your true love of course, can't you tell yet? She said with laughter in her voice.
    -I can feel your love, but how can you love me like this? We haven't even met yet! I said.
    -Our souls bonded when you arrived, they searched each other out. We are already one. She laughed again with cutest and most beautiful laugh.
    - Where are you? I asked, still feeling the strong love in my heart and soul.
    - I cannot tell you that yet my love, the trees strengthens our ability's to communicate over large distances, that's the reason why i can talk to you now and send you my love.
    -We will met soon so soon my love, don't you worry about that. Take care my love.

Her mind was gone again. I woke up to the sound of Hakkn's barking, my father was playing with him.
    - Oh look here, (he said to Hakkn), he is finally back to his senses. Had i known that we would be stuck here for an hour so that you could listen to the trees then i would never had told you to listen at all. He had an angry look to him.
    -But father my mind somehow got lost inside the tree, then a women that said she was my true love talked to me and i... My father started to laugh and Hakkn started to bark and howl.
    -I know son, i was just joking with you a little bit, so you got to talk with your true love did you. How was it? He was still laughing a little.
    -It was.. it was very strange father, i could feel very strong love from her, so strong that it was in a way frightening. How can she have such strong emotions for someone that she does not know? She told me about or souls that have been connected, but still i don't fully understand this.
    -It's hard to explain my lad, but ill try.
    Look at it like this, lets say that your soul is made up by puzzle pieces and some of the pieces are missing. In order for you to be complete you need all the pieces, when your soul bonded with this woman's soul, both of you became one. A complete puzzle. That's the reason why the love between the people that lives here is strong. This is why people are always laughing and are generally happy here
    . My father looked at me, smiling.

- I feel love for this girl father, but it's not as strong as her feelings are for me!
    -That's because you have just arrived, it takes time before you can respond with the same emotions. Don't worry about it, the love for her will grow with time. Now should we continue?

To be continued...

Part 3 will come up tomorrow for those who want to read it.

That's how i would want the afterlife to be like, but it's just a fantasy that i love to think about.

Please if you are interested, add your own version of how you would want the afterlife to be like.

/Groundtotem
    Last edited by Groundtotem; January 09, 2010 at 07:52 PM.

Default Re: Your version of the afterlife

If I had the the choice I'd go for the Wiccan afterlife.

"Most Wiccans believe in the Summerland, which is a paradise much like the Christian heaven. All people, except spirits who remain behind lost and wandering, go to the Summerland, even the wicked. The Summerland will be different for everyone, their own version of Shangri-La. There, they can be reunited with their loved ones, look over those they left behind on Earth, and take time to recuperate from life. Our time in the Summerland is spent processing what we learned, recovering from the hardships, walking with the Lord and Lady and being one with them, and then planning our next life.

Most Wiccans agree that when you are ready, you are reincarnated. You may choose what form you take and even a little about your situation. You decide this based upon which lessons you wish to learn in your next life. Someone who was very selfish and arrogant may choose a life of humility to humble himself, for example. People even choose lives of hardship in order to learn their lessons, although they don't get to plan specifically what the circumstances will be.

Wiccans do not believe in Hell or in an eternity of punishment for one life-time of sin. Some, however, do believe that you may be punished for the harm you do. I believe that you may kept from reincarnating, if you are not yet ready, or reincarnated into an undesirable life as a means of punishment. There are other Wiccans who believe this, as well as Wiccans who don't. Like Buddhists, I and some other Wiccans believe the point of living is to learn and to perfect your soul, until you reach an enlightened existence."

Quote Originally Posted by Helm View Post
    If I had the the choice I'd go for the Wiccan afterlife.

"Most Wiccans believe in the Summerland, which is a paradise much like the Christian heaven. All people, except spirits who remain behind lost and wandering, go to the Summerland, even the wicked. The Summerland will be different for everyone, their own version of Shangri-La. There, they can be reunited with their loved ones, look over those they left behind on Earth, and take time to recuperate from life. Our time in the Summerland is spent processing what we learned, recovering from the hardships, walking with the Lord and Lady and being one with them, and then planning our next life.

Most Wiccans agree that when you are ready, you are reincarnated. You may choose what form you take and even a little about your situation. You decide this based upon which lessons you wish to learn in your next life. Someone who was very selfish and arrogant may choose a life of humility to humble himself, for example. People even choose lives of hardship in order to learn their lessons, although they don't get to plan specifically what the circumstances will be.

Wiccans do not believe in Hell or in an eternity of punishment for one life-time of sin. Some, however, do believe that you may be punished for the harm you do. I believe that you may kept from reincarnating, if you are not yet ready, or reincarnated into an undesirable life as a means of punishment. There are other Wiccans who believe this, as well as Wiccans who don't. Like Buddhists, I and some other Wiccans believe the point of living is to learn and to perfect your soul, until you reach an enlightened existence."
    That does not sound to bad to be honest Helm,+rep! I would enjoy that afterlife too!

I will post a part 2 of what i wrote eariler since it was a lot of fun to come up with how the afterlife would be perfect for me
    Last edited by Groundtotem; January 09, 2010 at 11:36 AM.

My ideal afterlife would probaly consist of never leaving this universe. Id like to have the ability to travel anywhere at very high speeds so i can just explore the universe and it's civilizations kinda like the silver surfer but without the whole destroying worlds bit, being silver and no surfboard.

Id like to have my girlfriend with me and then just bassically fly around the universe or universes exploring and just having adventures. Films like avatar amaze me and id love the chance to visit worlds such as those and explore and meet the populations, id probally spend a few centuries on each world before moving onto the next.

I dunno i guess i just like not knowing about stuff and experiencing life , fear, love, pain etc etc. The thought of going to heaven being told all the answers and knowing everything and feeling completely safe and loved would absolutely bore me to death especially if i had to spend eternity like that. It baffles me greatly why some people look forward to such a bland and boring existance.

What i have currently in this life is pretty close to what id like in an afterlife i guess just remove like say the inability to travel extreme distances. Sleeping is waste of time also that can get removed. Eating is always good especially KFC id like some sort of trick to flick my fingers and make a bargain bucket appear. This is the first time ive really thought about it so its probaly a bit basic and short but you can kinda get where im going i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizav85 View Post
    My ideal afterlife would probaly consist of never leaving this universe. Id like to have the ability to travel anywhere at very high speeds so i can just explore the universe and it's civilizations kinda like the silver surfer but without the whole destroying worlds bit, being silver and no surfboard.

Id like to have my girlfriend with me and then just bassically fly around the universe or universes exploring and just having adventures. Films like avatar amaze me and id love the chance to visit worlds such as those and explore and meet the populations, id probally spend a few centuries on each world before moving onto the next.

I dunno i guess i just like not knowing about stuff and experiencing life , fear, love, pain etc etc. The thought of going to heaven being told all the answers and knowing everything and feeling completely safe and loved would absolutely bore me to death especially if i had to spend eternity like that. It baffles me greatly why some people look forward to such a bland and boring existance.

What i have currently in this life is pretty close to what id like in an afterlife i guess just remove like say the inability to travel extreme distances. Sleeping is waste of time also that can get removed. Eating is always good especially KFC id like some sort of trick to flick my fingers and make a bargain bucket appear. This is the first time ive really thought about it so its probaly a bit basic and short but you can kinda get where im going i guess.
    I would also like to be able to explore other worlds, just like you. But the most important thing for me would be to reunite with my father again. Avatar also made me want to see other worlds, study the inhabitants so to speak.

Thanks for sharing Wizav!

+rep!

Edit: Part 2 updated!
    Last edited by Groundtotem; January 09, 2010 at 06:47 PM.

Default Re: My version of the afterlife(story, part2 up)

My version of the afterlife.

"When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

hehe not to bad, not to bad at all

Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post
    My version of the afterlife.

You believe we will become gods and create universes of our own?

Quote Originally Posted by Helm View Post
    You believe we will become gods and create universes of our own?
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Seeing as you posted a pic of outer space full of stars and things.

Phier this isnt what you think the afterlife will be , It's about what you'd like it to be. Surely your idea of the perfect afterlife would be more than a blank canvas?

Quote Originally Posted by Wizav85 View Post
    Phier this isnt what you think the afterlife will be , It's about what you'd like it to be. Surely your idea of the perfect afterlife would be more than a blank canvas?
    Mmmm well what I would WANT it to be is far too mundane to interesting. A self centered utopia is what some seem to think the afterlife is, or if not self centered at least a utopia of sorts.

Now I could envision some rather interesting and amusing ones, but I'd want the self centered utopia.

My shameful truth.