Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes Hordes & beyond [KGCMv4.2]

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Heroes Hordes & beyond

Yeah, I spoke to soon mate. I stuck it out and once the French got excommunicated I got the Pope to call a crusade to Paris, which was capture by Sicily. The attacks slowed, and I managed to capture Rheims. Two of my family members have been killed childless, but 30 turns in I've had at least 5 Heroic Victories. So my utmost apologies. Impossible? No, in fact. Highly challenging and as a result enjoyable? Indeed.

I think its an enjoyable campaign hard yes impossible no it may catch many out with you being yes in a weak position to start but infact your strength actually lays in your position on the map and your diplomatic stance (which is actually quite historical flanders wasnt a thorn in frances side because they where a major power but because of there position and who there friends where)

granted a little luck is needed but it will come you just have to dig in till your moment rises then take it . Fortune favours the audacious

Edit obviously the Ai will not show the cunning and resolve of a human player so for the Ai they have a good kings purse(counts purse lol ) and enough support to keep them going for a while against france ( in testing some times they do well sometimes they vanish to history or re emerge after being beaten .)
    Last edited by Soul Firez; February 25, 2010 at 09:52 AM.

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

vietanh797's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Firez View Post
    @vietnah flanders makes a good challenge as reece would point out lol the apacheans are dang hard but it depends on style of faction you like , but i will tell you every faction will be a little harder than in standard KGCM.
    thank
    I am trying to download your mod but it is quite large
    but I manage to use megamanager so it will complete
    I love challenge and one of my old friend(he is old really about 35) also love Dave mod and he will soon join the game

I also waiting for Napoleon total war and do some research for All under Heaven mod so it will take a while till I can play you sub mod but i will took out your mod for sure
    feed back from my friends seem that NTW is like a perfect ETW version nearly without bugs and run fast even in normal PC
    Empire II and Medieval III pls

Hey Soul. So.. sticking only, to getting captains and standard bearers for every unit in the HHB submod in KGC4.2... How can i be of any assistance? does it require hardcore computer modding ? Or not that much... I can help from the little i know.. Best

J

somehow your install not recognize the path where I install Med 2
    where should I point it to
    KGCM folder?
    mods folder?
    or Med 2 folder?

where you have the med2 folder

Puer's Avatar Libertus

Thanks for the MOD Soul Firez and XAI team!
    This installation is quite painful :p
    I installed M2TW > Kingdoms > Kingdoms Patch 1.5 > KGCM 3.0 > KGCM Patch 4.2 > deleted map_england, map_france etc etc > Heroes Hordes & beyond.exe > heroes hordes and beyond part2.exe > bug fix.exe > deleted map.rwm > disabled file cache

Should there be any confirmation that HH&B and specially XAI is installed correctly - XAI or Your logo in main menu maybe? I what to be sure that I installed all mods+patches+fixes correctly Currently I see only KGCM 4.2 logo (see attached pic _IGP0416.JPG ).

Kievan Rus has only mini-map when starting new game. Others do not have mini-maps - see attached pic _IGP0415.JPG.

btw: I have W7 64 and M2TW is intalled on second partition: d:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\
    Last edited by Puer; February 27, 2010 at 07:43 AM.

I should put some sort of indicator of the mod in the splash or menu screen i guess i can have a go at creating a new splash screen or maybe con a true artist like Y2day to do it

But you have it installed as i can see flanders amoung your selections.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Might I suggest you make a map file Soul that covers all the factions? The one you added I can't discern anything from.

It was a short term fix for the stability of the game i am working on a clearer fe map that covers all factions and there regions time is needed (unless you want to make one ill gladly use it for the map

well I must say that the Flanders completely incomplete
    all unit still use France pic
    no new sound(my general who have trait "hate Frances" shout out st like "for glory of France")
    and the last one is the most painful
    no building browser for Flanders(I expect that I may meet the same problem with apache)
    edit: not only Flanders all other factions have no building browser for castle

but even so many things is incomplete the mod still quite enjoyable
    I surprise that the first Jihad appear so soon and point to Antioch
    Immediately after Antioch fall to Egypt Pope call a crusader to Antioch and yes me as Flanders march there and send Saladin and one of his general along with 1000 Muslim man to meet their god
    Last edited by vietanh797; February 27, 2010 at 11:12 AM.

There is no such flanders accsent so i gave them french one other option you record some voices for them and then ill use the sound files

Yes i know i need to give them new unit cards that will take a while if you look in the tech help section there is a screen of where to change your campaign_db file to display castles in the building browser.

Again if any one wants to help make all the 2d stuff to complete flanders do step up till then you will have to do with them using french pics some hre ones it is still fully playable .

Sorry you find it so incompletel adding 31 factions and the rest of the features was alot of work just in my spare time

I restore antioch to play and also move both 4 unique unit to recruitable in HQ of the order of course that only Jerusalem and Antioch can recruit them and they have super slow fill up(about 20 turn)
    I only want to use them as unique unit but can retrain so that seem acceptable to me

about the others things need modify I still not enough experience in modding Med2 to do those
    record voice is impossible to me because I have no mic

unit pic can be replace but it took time to do and I have no PTS skill at all(some but not enough)

look like castle building browser is the only thing left that I can modify but the help section you talk about where is it?
    in mod workshop?

aghh
    I nearly forgot to say
    I love the new shield for crusader unit
    Last edited by vietanh797; February 27, 2010 at 01:42 PM.

Look here for how to enable the castles in building browser:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...rowser&page=42

Also I've started to take an interest in your mod especially with adding in Flanders and the Appach. tribes. Also it looks like you includes most of the changes that my mod made which makes my job a lot easier.

I was looking over the EDU and had a couple of questions:

First what is the unit count. I was planning on updating my other mod to include the dismounted Tripolian Knights and the Templar conferee Knights, etc, and was wondering if they would fit.

Also I was looking over the stats, and most changes I find I like, except a few in the TO don't make sense. You left everything the same for the Sword Bretheren and Dis Halbur. but you reduced their numbers to 48 from 60? Any reason behind this? Same with Ulster swordsmen and many others. Then there is an additional .35 modifier after the collision mass of 1.2, does this modify the amount of soldiers based on unit size in the options menu to bring it back up to 72?

Also if you pls, and this is totally a personal preference, as I've come around to many of the graphics changes you've made, could you please please give me a link to the mod you used for the city and castle strat map models, that is the one thing I hate hate hate, and literally keeps me from playing, or the list of files to take out?

Also what files/mod did you add for the blood and dirt mod for the battle map. I may or may not keep those depending on how I like it.

Finally, do you know if this new mod package includes Dave's xmas changes? I was looking through the EDB and it seems the recruitment is largely the same before the xmas changes.

Everything else is pretty impressive.
    Last edited by FortressofRain; February 27, 2010 at 04:51 PM.

I just wonder that where is my flanders mercenary unit?
    I got 2 flanders pikeman from beginning but I can't find them anywhere

edit: how to remove arrow
    they hit the ground and stay there
    I have good PC and can stand with them but not for my friends
    Last edited by vietanh797; February 27, 2010 at 10:38 PM.

It also adds back the timurids to LOL but you wont see them for a long time . so added 3 factions to KGCM 28 to make 31.

As for the arrows go to this file in your data folder descr_effect_impacts and you will find flaming and normal arrow impact to ground remove the : infront of the play time. As for accesents rememeber i have already fixed the irish and welsh ones i will get to the flanders one time i dont see anyione helping me .

As for fortress all changes where made for balance of the mod some of daves changes i did use before the main release some i have removed again after testing how norway denmark went with them in auto campaigns . to explain the EDU changes would mean trying to explain to you how to tune an edu to work with the BAI effectively and i dont have time or interest to teach you soemthing you can learn on your own .Mod it as you wish but if you release a mod based on mine eg with31 factions you need my permission as stated i made the SD files so they belong to HHB Frankly you dont have permission so just mod it for your own tastes.

As for adding more men you know the limit is maxed to add you must remove but there are some very easy to remove units that you loose nothing left i know because i am going to be adding specialty units such as war dogs something hopefully with more interest than just more dismounted knights(although i added a few of them to you will need to add the vanillia settlement cas and textures and then mod the descr_cultures file to match the old cas models for settlements i aint doing it for you with all due respect we mod to make things the way we like you want to change it by all means go right ahead. of note when i made those settlements a stand alone mod to KGCM it was downloaded hundreds of time so i guess many like me think your wrong and the settlements are great .

I am looking forward to you producing some of your own work rather than the great skill of copy pasting other peoples work from the released mods section
    Last edited by Soul Firez; February 28, 2010 at 02:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Firez View Post
    It also adds back the timurids to LOL but you wont see them for a long time . so added 3 factions to KGCM 28 to make 31.

As for the arrows go to this file in your data folder descr_effect_impacts and you will find flaming and normal arrow impact to ground remove the : infront of the play time. As for accesents rememeber i have already fixed the irish and welsh ones i will get to the flanders one time i dont see anyione helping me .
    lol
    anytime you need just say it out and if I can do st to help you I will try

I installed this mod 4 days ago and I really enjoyed. Before the installation KGCM 4.2 was my favoruite; at this time? HH&B is my favorite Why? Because, I really like to play against the Timurids. Also, new events, strong factions, city patterns, heros, lots of original kingdoms features etc. are in this mod. Thank you very much.

Just I couldn't understand one thing. If I besiege a city suddenly the best reinforcements fill the city In which condition(s) this situation occurs?

Soul Firez.. o.k. So probably my 'offer' of 'help' for the captains.. may not be very fruitful, since im no expert modder. i leave that to your best hands (in the future). However, i was thinking of at least something, which might already be available... and if not.. could you help? I was looking to see whether you have online available a map of the Campaign. Full. i.e., to see where each city resides. You have that? I believe this helps greatly to plan the next battles. To move soldiers in the right direction. Thanks Soul.

Besides the awesome HHB submod after KGC4.2... is there any hot one in addition? which adds some enhancements? Again... im looking for no complexity, but standard submods. Which are either simple to install into the current. Or simple extract to --> option.

If you or anyone, can make a small list of these 'real compatible' submods. That would be great.

J