Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes Hordes & beyond [KGCMv4.2]

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Heroes Hordes & beyond

Ah yes, I've noticed that I've built everything in all my original settlements about 30 turns in and my economy's starting to approve. I've an alliance with the Aztecs but I trust them about as far as I an throw them.

I did also notice that there is a retinue card for the governor of Miccosukee, but no advantage for any of the other settlements. Is this for the same reason?

nice work i never really bothered much with it as well i find it rather a near useless UI display lol but interesting it was there and i have worked on that file (and yet never noticed it i was more intent on the AI side of it LOL) ill chuck you some rep as soon as i am able to (long story ) but i may move this post to the tech help thread as it fits better there than in my submod (as it universal problem .)

@ reece i gave the king a ancil for holding the capital kiowa but as the rest are well villages ( not even really just an assembly of tents i didnt think they waranted a ancil like duke of so and so but if you feel they do (again these are primitives ) i can add such a feature in very easily

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

emotion_name's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hmmm, my tech idiocy is kicking in again!

I have read and re-read the front page, and if anything im more confused then before i started.

I currently have KCGM with Return of The Horde submod, but to my knowledge i dont have XBAI or XCAI.

I would love to play Heroes, Hordes and Beyond, but i dont want to lose RoH (unless H,H and B has Wales as playable faction, in which case RoH can be removed).

How do i do this? If RoH can be removed, do i need to just follow every instruction on front page to install H,H and B?

Sorry to be a pest guys, but im really confused and desperate to play this.

Yep. Wales is a playable faction in HHB. If RoH is in it's own mod folder you dont have to remove it. Just install KGCM 3.0>KGCM 4.2 Hotfix>HHB Part1> HHB Part 2.

But remember before you start playing HHB, make sure to delete the map.rwm first so the games load the latest file, this is important especially for AI behavior, which is improved by A LOT using XCAI and XBAI in HHB.
    Last edited by Morviuz; February 24, 2010 at 06:04 PM.

Thanks for reply, helped clear a few things up!

Im unsure if RoH is in its own mod folder, i dont think so as i looked in Program Files/Sega/m2tw/mods/KCGM and i couldnt find anything obvious with RoH on it, although not sure if im supposed to, that said i only wanted it coz it allowed me to rule the world with Wales and coz i liked hording idea, both of these are on H,H and B so RoH can go.

What would happen if i just installed H,H and B now, over the top of what i have?

As i said, i have KCGM, i have the 4.2 hotfix, and RoH. If i installed over the top would i get H.H and B or more problems?

Final Question, i hope, does H,H and B have hotseat enabled, and does anyone wanna do one if it does?

Edit ---- Ignore everything except hotseat part, although i will have answer myself soon as i have downloaded this!!
    Last edited by emotion_name; February 24, 2010 at 08:57 PM. Reason: i forgot SF already covered installing over RoH in ideas thread

Moderator Emeritus

I think you'll be fine to install HH&B right over the top of your current KGCM + RotH, as HH&B modifies so many files I doubt you'll have compatibility issues, especially since both are done by Master Soul.

And yes, HH&B does feature Hot-seating. We're starting one here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=6832639
    Last edited by Frunk; February 24, 2010 at 10:01 PM.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Firez View Post
    @ reece i gave the king a ancil for holding the capital kiowa but as the rest are well villages ( not even really just an assembly of tents i didnt think they waranted a ancil like duke of so and so but if you feel they do (again these are primitives ) i can add such a feature in very easily
    Well that does make sense. However, what if a different faction was to capture one of these settlements and start to upgrade it? Would they get a card then?

No they wouldnt (not every city in the old world has an ancil either) but i could look at scripting it if it has walls that an ancil is available eg the apacheans would never get one but if it was colonised and civilised then another faction would

Yep. Wales is a playable faction in HHB
    Hmmm, maybe i done something wrong during install or download then, because i dont have Wales as a faction to choose from in Grand Campaign?

Isnt there a way i can add them to playable, or does it require lots of work? If not, how would i go about having H,H+B and RoH on my cpu at same time?

wales is just in the unplayable list of the descr-strat it is very easy to change merely go to your descr_strat file ( do i need to tell you where that is it been explained about 5 times in this thread) nd take wales put it in the playable list and take one of the factions from the playable list and put it in the unplayable list done start game you can play wales

here it was so quick i did it for you lol place this in your imperial campaign folder
    Last edited by Soul Firez; February 25, 2010 at 02:40 AM.

Ahhhh, simples!

Thanks for your help, Wales is now playable and England isnt (just the way i likes it)

Now i just gotta silence the missus, tie up the kids and shoot the dog, then im ready to hit this game hard!

Good good well you will be glad when the spawn of prince(self proclaimed prince)leywyn(sorry bad spelling your weslh names boggle me LOL. .

Also note there is no king of wales any more the ruler is a prince as it was in medieval times the land was rulled by a prince

Moderator Emeritus

Hey Soul. Set aside my Apachean campaign temporarily to try out the Flems. It's just as hard, if not moreso. They start with two rather weak cities, without a port or ships; brothel or spies; nor town hall to make diplomats. I also noticed that despite occasional gifts of 2000 florins from the Council, there is no King's - or rather Count's - Purse. I've managed to capture Antwerp, though the French, having offered trade rights and having me accept them in turn 2, attacked me at both my cities in turn 3. I assaulted Antwerp then brought the majority of the troops back to lift the siege at Bruges, while I narrowly managed to win at Lille. I have alliances with the Holy Roman Empire and the Papacy but the French, in the probation to violence demanded by the Pontiff, have wanted none of my ceasefire and trade. The ferocity of the French is bearable, but I'm in the red already and as my troops are spread thin enough as it is I can't bring myself to disband any of my forces in case the French troops waiting near the border waltz straight over and attack. I really think that there should be at least a 500 florin King's Purse - keeping accurate to the fact that he is but a Count - otherwise it looks impossible.

strange i find the apacheans much MUCH harder than flanders the economy is tight to start with but some common sense building and proping of the nation (some disbanding straight after taking antwerp will have you set up econ9omicly and ready to stand against the french .

Here is a screen shot of my latest flanders campaign on VH/VH and well as you can see by turn 50 something i am well dominating my economy is great and my alies england and hre have done alot of the work for me against france (use cunning my young apprentice )

Impossible i would say no where near impossible infact if played well not that hard balance your economy early actually take an alliance with france and when and only when they go for england let it slip aand by then your set to take rheims(or if england has triggered there garrision script angers castle which will be a great military spot for you and will then with great castle walls weather the storm of french agression they really kill themselves to take this back , from there it is plain sailing and again when england hit paris and fail bang you hit it and crush the frogs and well with a good city and a castle you have become a power in northern europe.

Hello Soul.

Nice campaign map you got there! Love to battle each one on the battle map ?

speaking of battle maps... i came across, i think it must have been the RR/RC mod. In the battle map, units, All units have attached to them a captain.. wearing different uniform. And two other soldiers bearing flags or standards. Is that something easily implemented into KGC4.2 + HHB ? Just asking..

It adds to the 'reality' factor

Thanks Chief.

J

This is awesome, im loving it!

Im also doing Flem campaign, and yes it is hard, but not impossible.

I allied with French, broke alliance with english at popes request but my standing with them is still good. A little exchanging of money got HRE to focus elsewhere, at least for now, and my only decent army is on route to Cairo in the first crusade called, along with my faction leader. I have only taken Antwerp as extra settlement, but when France/England collide im gonna ravage those english s. My economy, whilst low, isnt impossible to work with, just very challenging (the way i likes it)!

I couldnt silence the missus and the kids broke the straps, so im leaving Wales campaign till tonight when i can focus, i know its gonna be hard.

Something i have noticed, when using the hotseat feature the password screen doesnt work. I select the factions to use and when it starts its like a singleplayer campaign where i control everyone i selected.

I have tried with the pw screen box both checked and unchecked and got same result. Is anyone else having this happen?

How would i amend this, if possible, as im itching to start a hotseat or 2!

vietanh797's Avatar Domesticus

I gonna try your mod soul fire
    do you have any idea what fac I should take
    I still can handle VH/VH in Dave KGCM any by god side I am a really lucky guy
    Empire II and Medieval III pls

At emotion does your setting in the CFG for hotseats look like this

[hotseat]
    turns = 0
    autosave = 1
    autoresolve_battles = 0
    disable_console = 1
    disable_papal_elections = 1
    save_prefs = 1
    update_ai_camera = 1
    validate_diplomacy = 1
    save_config = 1

If it doesnt change the settings to that as it will make hotseat work properly (cfg has not been altered in HHB nor any part of the hotseat mechanics so you must have had this before??

As for adding captains thats easy making the models skins and flags for these models takes a huge amount of time i am but one man ( i have been privately making flag caring officers for months now lets rememeber SS has or atleast it had a large team when it was made and so many people working on it have covered an enormous amount of work me i just one man who has to work and have a life LOL .anyone want to learn to mod and help me with the work load then we will get alot more features quickly but seeing i just spent 4 to 6 hours a day for the last 2 months to do the work i just put out i need rest .

@vietnah flanders makes a good challenge as reece would point out lol the apacheans are dang hard but it depends on style of faction you like , but i will tell you every faction will be a little harder than in standard KGCM.
    Last edited by Soul Firez; February 25, 2010 at 07:47 AM.

I didnt have one of those values you said, so i went ahead and added it. Loaded the game, selected Ireland and Wales, started it and again no pw screen. Also, for some reason now when i click end turn it closes KGCM and returns me to desktop.

My CFG file under hotseat reads like so

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

[hotseat]
    scroll = 0
    turns = 0
    autosave = 1
    autoresolve_battles = 0
    disable_console = 1
    admin_password = password
    disable_papal_elections = 1
    passwords = 1
    save_prefs = 1
    save_config = 1
    update_ai_camera = 1
    validate_diplomacy = 1
    validate_data = 1
    allow_validation_failures = 0
    close_after_save = 1
    gamename = hotseat_gamename

I have no idea where some of them came from, or what they do, but can anyone see a reason why the password screen wont work?

Could it be anything to do with me using Vista? Im changing the CFG file located in Crive/Program Files etc, but im not the only user on this cpu and for somethings i need to go into users/user/AppData/VirtualStore etc, could this be why?

It should look exactly as i have written it in the post above so why didnt you change it to just that

Delete all that crap and just copy paste what i wrote in the above post into your cfg and it will work .
    I wonder why i bother sometimes

And again a problem non related to HHB as there is no cfg file in HHB if your having a tech problem non related to HHB write it in the : Technical support thread (Version 4.2)please this is not a tech problem thread if your having a problem related to hhb write it here.
    Last edited by Soul Firez; February 25, 2010 at 09:17 AM.