Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes Hordes & beyond [KGCMv4.2]

Default Re: Heroes Hordes & beyond

Hmmm interesting idea indeed my next step was to place quests into the campaign eg if your a catholic nation a search for the holy grail in the middle of your campaign (a scripted yes no message from the pope compelling you to search for it then scripted random location of it in the middle east where you have to find it crossing muslim land and well that weill cause war LOL.

But yes its possible to add buildings like you mentioned with the option when you capture the city the belong to destroy them ill look into it Might be very interesting i could make them so they give a huge conversion to that religion so another words if your catholic and you leave the muslim building there it will make it hard to run the place as the population will turn muslim but if you destroy it i can put you instantly at war with all the muslims.
    Last edited by Soul Firez; February 23, 2010 at 10:22 AM.

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

Got a possible issue, but it also might be know, so...as the Welsh, the building browser doesn't appear to be displaying properly. It's strange. It only allows me to view the 'City' tech tree, and there's no 'Castle' option, although I have a Castle and can build it's tech tree. I did just try out the Aztecs right before. Maybe that has something to do with it?

EDIT: Nope, quitting the entire game then starting a new campaign doesn't change a thing. I put the lines to do with disabling the cache into the .cfg files (except the Kingdoms Americas one - it didn't have one, it seems).
    Last edited by Kaidonni; February 23, 2010 at 01:56 PM.

fear its an issue that is in vanillia KGCM and nothing to do with H,H,B many of the factions ported from the kingdoms expansion do not display the building tree properly (antioch is another) its not really a major issue though as well if you dont know the buildings by now you havent played enough med2 LOL.

I can look at them and see whats missing to get them to work but really not related to this submod

I've never really played Medieval II . I'm somewhat obsessive compulsive, so end up never actually playing, and I don't exactly know what each of the buildings offers in terms of recruitment. But, well...if I can't build it, it doesn't matter anyway. As soon as I can build it I will know, eh? I'm off to lead the Welsh to victory (nice little faction).

No worries, anyway. It doesn't impact upon gameplay, I was just a little worried. I get attached to any game I start, and once I've read character bios, etc, I sort of dislike restarting, and didn't want to leave it to chance (a bit late, seeing as I'd read EVERYTHING I felt I needed to before seeing this minor issue ).

You havent played much yet i note that you have enough skill/knoledge to know you need to transfer a faction from the non playable list to the playable list in the descr_strat (wales is in unplayable with the original H,H,B files as soon as the option to be able to build it comes up you can just right click the building in your possible to be built list and it will tell you exactly what it will do .

Hey Soul Firez.

10x for your interest in the building idea. Also..... have you played Stainless Steel 6.1 6.2 ?
    That particular mod, contains these 'specific' buildings. Which are generally present from the start of the campaign. They can be destroyed. AND they can be rebuilt. For me, twud be really cool. Since, the Dome of Rock and Holy Sepulchre is what makes Jerusalem, Jerusalem. And MAYBE even the wailing wall. Which is part of the Jewish religion. If u look at SS6.1 you'll know exactly what im saying.

Something totally different. Soul, are there Naval battles in M2TW or any of its mods/sub-mods, that can be played like Empire Total War? That is close and personal combat. Thanks..

J

Hey Soul Firez,

I just noticed one thing. In the Menu screen.. i have 25 Factions available to choose. In the custom battle. i have 26 Factions available, which is The Principality of Antioch. Is there a way how to get the Principality of Antioch back in the Menu screen.... And even more still, i noticed you said 31 Factions... Is there A wAy how to get ALL in the menu?

If not. Im happy with the Principality of Antioch.

Best

J

UPDATE. aha i know how.. i saw the post in page 5

"you can only make so many factions playable at once

To make it playable merely go to your descr_strat file located in the world/maps/campaign/imperialcampaign folder and take the faction mongols from the unplayable list and put them in the playable list but then you have to take one of the playable factions and place it in the unplayable list or the game will crash!!"

thanks Soul....

o.k.. one trick question... what is Slave Faction ? are those rebels?
    Last edited by Joseph Borgia; February 23, 2010 at 03:04 PM.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex took an arrow to the knee

Yes, the Slave faction is the Rebels and Pirates and so on.

Yes the slave faction is indeed the rebels i know some mods remove the slave faction but i have found that to make the game very unstable and prone to crash alot although i did think a mere name change might suit them instead rebels maybe free states LOL.

With the buildings ill try to come up with my own way of getting such in the game I am sure SS has done it well (they have a team i am just one man ) but stability of the mod is a major concern for me SS while being brilliant is well a little unstable (prone to crash a bit).

Each change i make a run many auto campaigns to test that it will continue to run the 400 round distance without crash

The only way you could get empire naval style battles into med2 is to open the exe and modify the game engine (which is actually possible) but is highly illegal and would result in the modder being sued and the death of open modding forums like TWC so ah no you wont find any in an open mod (although i know one guy has done that for his personal use.)
    Last edited by Soul Firez; February 23, 2010 at 08:34 PM.

He must be a hard and pro modder. Three cheers for him....

But, the KGC plus this sub-mod is alot to handle all ready.. so i'll keep my cool for now. So.. not having the patience to try it out myself. If i choose the Aztecs and/or Apachaens in Campaign mode. Will they be able to construct ships and venture forth to the EU in the very early beginning of time, or not. There is some sort of restriction until the 'New World' is discovered.?

This Medieval period is a wonder. Wouldn't you agree.. And. i have seen ETW gameplay.. But, i hear of more and more people returning back to M2TW for the fun and fear factor of Blades and steel cutting thru flash.

Hmmm. Soul ? Anyone in the Mod community, ever thought of utilizing the Structures in the battle mode. Meaning.... lets say a city, has a small masjid, and barracks, and town centre. Is there ANY way that these buildings can offer the units.(probably foot soldiers and not cavalry) to trod inside the building, and climb on rooftops. Is that a big feat? hehe...... from my judgement, of thousands and thousands of modders outthere... i think it is. Well.. some food for thought. But, if it could be done. I think, it will take war gaming to a higher level of complexity.

Not far fetched i believe. Because after all... foot soldiers DO GO up the walls of the forts/walls/castles. Through tiny doors. So.. it does exist to an extent

best

J

No, they can make ships as soon as they have a port. However, I don't believe they can ever make better than Mercenary Cogs.

Anyway, Soul: do I still need to install either of the AI choices and Dave's compatible Xmas Gift?
    Last edited by Frunk; February 24, 2010 at 02:57 AM.

There are no Ai choices any more just part 1 and part 2 (plus a tiny bug fix file ) they need to be installed in that order but if you have part 1 installed eg you had heroes before the 31 factions then just go straight to part 2 finishing with the very quick bug fix file

"very quick bug fix file" ?

Haven't seen that! Wassat?

Best

J

Whoah. Seen it, its on page 1. I didn't install this yet! And my KGC plus HHandB was working quite well... what does the bug fix do anyway? Im installing right now. Just in case
    Last edited by Joseph Borgia; February 24, 2010 at 04:11 AM.

There was a population bug in the game (it would still work fine but some factions would grow way to fast .)

O.k. Cool..

Playing the Papal States... does that make you in command of certain authorities. Like Excommunication ? Or more likely..... can you go round, attack a neutral faction. And live to tell the tell? Without others jumping on you? After all. YOu'll be in command of the pope

J

The papal functions are controlled by the game not you i fear the Ai still does the excoming (although anyone you attack will be imediately excomed) it is the same for crusades you can request one but it is the Ai deciding if it is allowed (although your standing will be very high so most likely accepted. I never like playing papal faction this is better left to the Ai but hey playas you wish

Thanks Soul. Starting my campaign as the Apachens. Noticed that Miccosukke has no garrison to start with. Was this intended?

Also noticed that they are Pagan rather than Great Spirit. Is the amount of religions maxed?
    Last edited by Frunk; February 24, 2010 at 05:32 AM.

i fear the religion is maxed they have all the comments of there religion when they speak but they are pagan (but not like lithuanian pagans completely different AI . yes that settlemtn is not actually apachean it is an old relic of aztecs and as such i portrayed it as abandoned but in control of the apacheans (eg its the only place you can get boats but to give them apachean men and buildings there from the start gives you and the AI to much advantage as the apacheans .

WArning the apacheans is without doubt the hardest campaign in the game my advice prey for the invasion by the old world and then make friends with the old worlders to help you defeat the aztecs cause they will kick your butt from here to next week LOL.

Rememeber you will never advance beyond building villiages although do develop gun powder a little after the gunpowder invented stage

Of note without there religion they can not call warpaths (eg these slots are taken by catholic crusades and jihads by the muslims) but as there soliders are primitive and stats relate this (although there archers are good ) they have a very fast recruitment making a simulated war path easy with low upkeep and very fast recruitment.
    Last edited by Soul Firez; February 24, 2010 at 05:55 AM.

Hello, back again .

Btw, do you know where to look at to fix the building browser, so i could try to fix it myself ? i got itchy as long as i can't properly view them. You can still view the castle building line, just select castle, open building browser and click the city tab, but i just want it to work properly

AFAIK, the files involve with building is
    data/export_descr_buildings.txt
    data/export_descr_buildings_enums.txt
    data/text/export_buildings.txt
    data/ui/descr_ui_buildings.txt

any idea where should i look? Maybe i compare them to vanilla files just to find what's missing.

I would start with the ui versionof the building txt files as the problem you are seeing is while viewing in the UI i havent looked at it myself yet but i will like i say it will be a KGCM fix aswell as a H,H,B fix as this has not been altered from the original files

Nope its not that as that is not in KGCM it is refrenced from vanillia and there is no matching files in any of the kingdoms expansions(this may actually be the reason these kingdoms factions do not display it as the normal med2 factions would but ill look into it some more.

the answer will not be found in any of those other building txt file eg the enums version actually does little to nothing lol the EDB is the actual building tech tree and if that wasnt right the game wouldnt load at all and the last one the txt version in the txt file is the file that holds all the info for the building and again if this wasnt right when you right clicked on a building it wouldnt display what it did correctly and that it does . I really think its due to these factions coming from kingdoms but i got to say you are a obseser as this ui function is well pretty much usless has very little function to the game LOL but ill keep looking for an answer for ya.
    Last edited by Soul Firez; February 24, 2010 at 07:16 AM.