Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes Hordes & beyond [KGCMv4.2]

diadok's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Heroes Hordes & beyond

Have you down loaded the main part from the link i provided in the first post?
    NO

but i don't understand all english and thought that all submod was in the 3 folders on bottom of post.
    i was looking for download the megaupload link yesterday, but it had 4 hours to download and i stopped it.

1 hour today, i download it now , thanks for help

EDIT: it works now, will test tomorrow.
    Last edited by diadok; February 02, 2010 at 04:56 PM.

You like EPIC battles ? watch Diadok's Gallery, play Epic Late Campaign for TATW 2.1
    "They rob the poor under the cover of law, forsooth, and we plunder the rich under the protection of our own courage." (Black Sam Bellamy)

Glad to hear it mate I am not that good at giving directions but rememeber to stay tuned to this spot as a large installment is coming with the inclusion now of 3 more factions timurids returning to KGCM new will be flanders to split france a little and the apacheans for the re mapped new world.

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

diadok's Avatar Senator

Icon14 Re: Heroes Hordes & beyond

yes, and i suppose that you will update to XAI 4.0 when it will be done ?

i have 4.2 + AI improvments.exe, + expansion1.exe.
    then i have change unit_size in export descr_unit.

if i switch from AI improvments to AI improvments 2 aggressive: my modified export descr_unit will stay, or it will be crush ? i don't think that i could crash a campaign, because we can switch AI improvments during the campaign, and the export descr_unit is not savegame compatible.

i can share my export descr_unit, just have before to see if there is no mistake.
    - cavalry units from 80 to 120.
    - infantry units from 120 to 200, from 150 to 250.
    the balance is not break, costs are the same.
    Last edited by diadok; February 03, 2010 at 10:36 AM.

You like EPIC battles ? watch Diadok's Gallery, play Epic Late Campaign for TATW 2.1
    "They rob the poor under the cover of law, forsooth, and we plunder the rich under the protection of our own courage." (Black Sam Bellamy)

`Swapping the Ai will overwrite your changes i fear as there is an edu in both AI changes. if your using expansion i would stick to AI pack 1 as this is better suited to the changes made with recruitment that willl make the AI farmore aggressive.

The AI as is now is close to 4.0 much of the work that they have been doing is included already but yes when they have finished i will again update the AI If you prefer those troops numbers i see nothing wrong with it always re member though more troops more path finding problems specially in cities (no fault of the AI more the guys who made the battles areas in cities CA)

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Firez View Post
    `
    The AI as is now is close to 4.0 much of the work that they have been doing is included already but yes when they have finished i will again update the AI If you prefer those troops numbers i see nothing wrong with it always re member though more troops more path finding problems specially in cities (no fault of the AI more the guys who made the battles areas in cities CA)
    Hello..4.0 huh??? is it that darn Agent Smith ! that has been sneaking in the vault again??? Dang him.. I need better security..

Let's get some reports in here guys, Tell us how those Human sally forths, and Ai invasions are doing!! We need feedback!! Let us know how we all have done!! Then spread the word about this mod!!

Yes as always there are siege path finding issues..but hopefully there will be a cure!!

I love this
    Quote Originally Posted by FortressofRain View Post
    So which ai is better so far? Or preferred? The defensive one or the aggressive one?
    I guess it boils down to what you can handle!! and how you play!!
    Last edited by xeryx; February 03, 2010 at 10:49 PM.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

diadok's Avatar Senator

Icon3 Re: Heroes Hordes & beyond

i see nothing wrong with it always re member though more troops more path finding problems specially in cities
    i usually use it with XAI, and pathfinding problem are quite the same than normal unit size... it is not very worst.

Swapping the Ai will overwrite your changes i fear as there is an edu in both AI changes
    but if i have a modified_unit_size EDU of the 2 AI versions, i overwrite with it each time i switch, and it is ok

i suppose that the best is to start with "defensive" AI, and when AI factions get a lot of big fullstacks, i switch to "offensive" AI, and welcome in hell my friend

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

I take back what I said about your switcher Idea. Since it is the Campaign_db file that is responsible for the buildup more so now. You can easily change that file during campaign play. I actually don't think I had any issues with the campaign_ai_db file either. I want to find out more about the cache, first.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

AH so i can again look at the production of a swapper then (once you have for certain figured the cache limitations

Guys those using the expansion 1 i would as the instructions say use the defensive AI due to the inclusion of daves changes it has the AI look at the strength of there army very differently so the defensive becomes alot more like the agressive . For those who liked the idea of a defensive AI i can make another version with more defensive stats to produce the same effects the defensive did to the main submod, as like i say the defensive with the expansion pack 1 it now has it quite agressive(perfect for my tastes big stacks good attacking

Downloaded and played the other night. Very interesting and challenging AI! A few things I noticed was the pope going to war with Milan and then Venice within the first 12 turns. Also, had good relationship with France (playing as Wales @ war with England) and they attacked me only to accept a cease fire the next turn with very generous. Haven't had time to look through the entire thread but do you have any plans for adding another European/islamic faction? Great work btw.

ps. playing with defensive ai

I am putting back in the timurids adding apacheans to the americas and flanders to split france up a little

hi everyone! i recently installed MTW2, kingdoms expansion, and grand campaign mod 4.2. i want to play this submod but i have not been able to follow the directions so far. so i dl'd the submod then ran the installer and everything, tried to edit the cfg file under kingdoms grand campaign mod but could not save the file as cfg (overwriting the original). could someone give me some detailed instructions to get this to work? i want this submod to work and the defensive AI.

i also followed instructions to change the campaign turns to 4 turns a year with 1 winter a year in another thread. does that affect this at all?

thanks!

As for the 4 turns no it wont affect this if you modded the files for this and not taken other files to add to it you can almost never combine submods as they mod the same files in many cases.

If you managed to install KGCM this shouldnt be any harder just download the main submod from megaupload then expansion pack 1 and defensive AI in that order just click next to install each part coms with an installer so there is really no need for install instructions just click each exe file when you have downloaded it and click next to install simple as that .

Although very soon ill be making it easier as soon as mynew faction works are done ill be changing it to a 2 part installation just like KGCM was in the first place.
    Last edited by Soul Firez; February 07, 2010 at 07:31 PM.

oh, i was just confused about the whole cache thing. but now i've tried just installing everything and playing and it works lol. oh and is there a reason mongols arent playable?

you can only make so many factions playable at once

To make it playable merely go to your descr_strat file located in the world/maps/campaign/imperialcampaign folder and take the faction mongols from the unplayable list and put them in the playable list but then you have to take one of the playable factions and place it in the unplayable list or the game will crash!!

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

All right Soul I just had to do a big reinstall but I'm getting pretty confused with so many things to put in. Is this the right order to do things in?:

M2TW > Kingdoms > Kingdoms Patch 1.5 > KGCM 3.0 > KGCM Patch 4.2 > HH&B > Expansion 1 > Defensive AI

Do I still need to put in the edited campaign_script that includes the Garrison Script available in the 4.2 download thread? And is this compatible with TurkishWarrior's and y2day's VIP packs/any other KGCM sub-mods?

Thats the correct order No its not compatable with either of those submods although alot of master y2days works are in the mod already so dont worry it looks great

No its not compatable with turkish warriors skin pack but then this has manymany skins in it (including some used by turkish eg burresk skins but many more made by ME.

You dont need to put in any extra script everything needed is contained in the sub mod. It will not be compatable with any other submod as it covers an enormous amount of files(dave xmas pack is in the submod also )

It wont be able to be made compatable with any other submod either when i release the files for the 3 extra factions as it will be infact completely different from base KGCM in how it works (same game just not running the same files ). But like i say dont worry visuals have been improved upto and beyond the works of turkish and well to the standard of master y2day
    Last edited by Soul Firez; February 09, 2010 at 02:42 AM.

All right, swell. I've finally got some time so I'm going to play my first campaign tonight - England.

Wolfie's Avatar Civis

Have still been playing this and is still going strong

Had a period of not playing and lost track of my England campaign so i decided to start a new one with Wales

Also, me and my brother are sinking out teeth into a nice 2 player campaign, which is getting a bit intense...we keep assassinating each other but not at war ...YET.

Looking forward to the new factions
    *Wolfie!

Hey Soul, while playing my campaign and thoroughly enjoying it I have but one qualm so far. The Hungarian faction shield is distractingly blurry. Can you do something about this?

hadnt noticed it to be honest , do you have infranview ?? if you do simple load the ui pic with hungary symbol on it and click to sharpen image then save back as a tga it will sharpen it up alot .

If not i can make some sharper images and upload them .