Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Heroes Hordes & beyond [KGCMv4.2]

Decanus

Default Re: Heroes Hordes & beyond

How Come its so hard in your sub-mod to upgrade a Castle and what do I do if i build every building for the castle lvl and poppulation growth is 0% and its frustrating for me because I want High and Late level units soon

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gato The Great View Post
    How Come its so hard in your sub-mod to upgrade a Castle and what do I do if i build every building for the castle lvl and poppulation growth is 0% and its frustrating for me because I want High and Late level units soon
    I usually keep a good governor available and move him from one castle to another until they reach their population goal for the next level and then move him to the next. Also keep your eye on the devestation level, if the castle was sieged for a while it will take some time to improve. Make sure that there are no enemy spies in the castle and if you have a spy of your own available, move it to the castle.
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

I don't know if it has been answered (I've looked through about ten pages of the thread) but have the elephants been removed from the Timurids?
    Couldn't find them when tweaking the files; don't really care, but if so, then what's the f-ing point of the timurid faction without them?

Quote Originally Posted by Messremb View Post
    I don't know if it has been answered (I've looked through about ten pages of the thread) but have the elephants been removed from the Timurids?
    No, the elephants are present in the Timurid horde, see the campaign_script.txt file. Elephants are mercs and as such cannot be recruited, just hired, but the Timurid horde starts out with four elephants and four elephant artillery.

The download for the first part is corrupt. Please reupload part one of the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by b22 View Post
    The download for the first part is corrupt. Please re upload part one of the mod.
    Have you tried to re-download it? I have not received any other reports of it being corrupted. Unfortunately it is Soul Firez's account and AFAIK only he can upload it to this location. Try it again and if anyone else can confirm that it is corrupt I will attempt to provide an alternative location for a download.

Tried downloading it three times the problem occurs when i try to extract the .exe from the zip file. It gets to about 90% and then it ecounters a problem. I would say it could be just my system but part 2 extracts just fine.

It gets to about 90% and then it ecounters a problem.
    What error message does it give you? I will start to download it now and see if I get the same message. Will report back after the dl is complete.

Edit:
    1. Downloaded file using the link in the OP to my desktop.
    2. Extracted the exe file from the rar file using WinRAR to my desktop.
    3. Ran the exe file and successfully installed the first part.

Conclusion: The file in the link provided in the OP is not corrupted.
    Suggestions: Temporarily disable any anti-virus software you may have installed and try the download and installation again. If you are using Vista or Win 7 disable the UAC for the M2TW folder before attempting to install.
    Last edited by Stylix; July 04, 2011 at 07:26 PM.

I get this message when trying to extract from Winrar.

! C:\Users\b22\Desktop\Heroes Hordes & beyond.rar: CRC failed in Heroes Hordes & beyond.exe. The file is corrupt
    ! Cannot execute "C:\Users\b22\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EX68.720\Heroes Hordes & beyond.exe"

Running Windows Vista 64 bit, user account control is off, all anti virus software is off and this makes the 5th time I've downloaded it.

With playing as the Byzantine empire has anyone noticed that the sheilds for The apachean tribes and couty of flanders are missing in diplomacy and when its doing their turns, or is their a fix for this?

EDIT: nvm fixed it ui problem, added the files that started with sharedpage from here C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod\data\ui\eastern_european and replaced them with the ones here C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod\data\ui\greek, but do tell me if this will cause problems.
    Last edited by jcoom41; July 06, 2011 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcoom41 View Post
    EDIT: nvm fixed it ui problem, added the files that started with sharedpage from here C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod\data\ui\eastern_european and replaced them with the ones here C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod\data\ui\greek, but do tell me if this will cause problems.
    Did you find this solution in the FAQ thread? It is posted there.
    How can I fix the grayed out Apachean faction symbol and the missing Flanders faction symbol in the diplomacy window when I am playing a campaign as the Byzantines?
    The solution is very easy to fix yourself. All you have to do is go to this folder on your hard drive; C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod\data\ui\eastern_european\interface (this is the default location, yours may be different) and copy all 4 of the tuetonic files (eg shared tuetonic and strat tuetonic both versions of each) into the C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod\data\ui\greek\interface folder, overwriting the files in the folder and presto your done.
    Last edited by Stylix; July 06, 2011 at 08:39 AM.

I get this message when trying to extract from Winrar.

! C:\Users\b22\Desktop\Heroes Hordes & beyond.rar: CRC failed in Heroes Hordes & beyond.exe. The file is corrupt
    ! Cannot execute "C:\Users\b22\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EX68.720\Heroes Hordes & beyond.exe"

Running Windows Vista 64 bit, user account control is off, all anti virus software is off and this makes the 5th time I've downloaded it.
    Right-click on the WinRAR icon or on the command and select 'Run as administrator' and see if that helps. The file is not corrupted so it is something on your system that is preventing it from working. You may want to search the internet for this problem and look for a solution there or even go to the WinRAR site and check the FAQ section, or even try another file decompression utility. You also may want to enable error logging in WinRAR and then check the log for a more detailed explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Stylix View Post
    Did you find this solution in the FAQ thread? It is posted there.
    Ohh, nah i just copied them and hoped it worked.
    EDIT: Found The FAQ Thread and it said to copy both strat and shared so i copied the strat to it, now the ui looks like the as if i was playing as the Teutonic order thats right isnt it? Much better then that plain really bright brown, and is their a reason not to copy the battlepage.tga files? Cause i did anyway.
    Last edited by jcoom41; July 07, 2011 at 03:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcoom41 View Post
    ...and is their a reason not to copy the battlepage.tga files? Cause i did anyway.
    Yes, because Soul Firez did not say to do so. Really, I have no idea, but if it doesn't crash or have any other negative effects, go with it.
    I have attached my UI screens from the campaign map for the Teutonic and Byzantine factions. Compare them with yours, but to me they look the same.
    Last edited by Stylix; November 11, 2012 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stylix View Post
    I have attached my UI screens from the campaign map for the Teutonic and Byzantine factions. Compare them with yours, but to me they look the same.
    Well heres mine.
    Last edited by jcoom41; July 07, 2011 at 09:06 PM.

I have a question about HHB The bit when you choose your faction is the map supposed to not show you which areas of the map that faction controls at the beginning? I started a campaign and it seemed to work. Another question if I decide that HHB is not for me can i just uninstall it or replace all the KGCM with my backup of KGCM? Thanks for your help.

Hello,sorry for the stupid request,but can someone post the garrison script?(Not the full one or the "no" one).Thanks in advance.

edit: ive got one big problem in seige battles and its the ladders. it seems that a whole troop can pile up wierdly on the ladder and could take the wall by massing on it in no time(troops take control of the wall easier with ladders than towers.)
    the pics shows what happens:
    pic1: troops piling up on the ladder.

pic2: a whole unit is now on the ladder.

pics 3 and 4:troops taking the wall.

its a big problem for me because most of the time i lose because of enemy units outnumbering and defeating my units on the wall in no time using this pile up,can some1 help me fix it? thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Antimatkiller; August 04, 2011 at 07:18 AM.

If theres a bigger fail than this,its justin bieber.-Me

@Antimatkiller

I believe that this is caused by the pathfinding in the M2TW engine. You may want to try a battle using a smaller unit scale. Instead of using huge, try large and so on and see if this makes any difference.

i tried all unit scales but there is no difference.

If theres a bigger fail than this,its justin bieber.-Me

Quote Originally Posted by Antimatkiller View Post
    i tried all unit scales but there is no difference.
    This is not a bug, just well trained troops behaving exactly as they should. If you were assaulting a wall, wouldn't you want to get to the top as quickly as possible?

Put more men on the walls, or try to stop them from reaching the walls using archers or rushing the ladders from the outside and pulling them down.