Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes Hordes & beyond [KGCMv4.2]

Default Re: Heroes Hordes & beyond

Actually strangely if i could make a switcher kinda like germanicus 5 but for CAI i would have it swap between the 2 and might be worth actually playing the campaign for 30 rounds with the defensive and then saving and putting in the agressive LOL those huge armies then being thrown at you like crazy hmm that would be nice (PS the AI is interchangable mid campaign

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

Wolfie's Avatar Civis

Yeah I know what you mean about the two styles.

I might just occasionally switch it round every so often, like Soul said about changing it, might be pretty interesting if they start defensively then over time throw everything aggressively.

France now attacking me quite regularly but only small armies at the moment, but might gradually pick off my garrisons...
    Also predicting an attack from Scotland any time soon...
    I think it will get pretty intense
    *Wolfie!

HA what till you upset denmark and they start dropping armies near york or you upset HRE and they drop armies near london or nottingham then things will get interesting and yes the armies will come small at first build and build but keep coming till you make peace and the longer you fight with them the harder it is to make peace well unless there king dies then they will be more willing to give you another go

I am a war monger and made the diplomacy hard my last game denmark dropped a full stack next to york then another half near nottingham it pretty much cut me in half as i was already fight france scotland and ireland and paying wales off to keep the peace.

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screensh...bd15757cd0.png Here is a ss of my campaign with the defensive AI for a little over a hundred turns. You can see that AI to AI aggression is still pretty prevalent. HRE has 7 enemies at this time. Ireland (me) has only had one town under siege and that was for one turn. So basically its all about whether you like to build first then fight or fight first then build. Or a mixture of the two, they are save game compatible so if it gets too hairy or too passive just install the other ai. England never tried to fight back. But that could be due to the fact they have a 4 front war and was losing to everyone but Scotland. I took Dublin, and Wexford. Wales took Gloucester, Exeter, and London. France lost Bruges then got it back, and took Rennes as well. Scotland lost Edinburgh, and Dumfries, then got Edinburgh back right after I took dumfries from england. Other than the war with England which is unavoidable, I have only gone to war with two other Nations: Norway attacked York and I attacked Wales.

Im going to go to the aggressive AI and hopefully once I hit the beaches off normandy France will attack me. I plan on pushing the Franks and Goths and Slavs and all others out of Celtic lands. http://www.data-wales.co.uk/celtmap.gif Then I will repel the infidels from all of Christendom.

But having the opportunity to get to the new world and colonize Brazil was key to me steam rolling England. I got 100k that I cant even spend and the last time I had this campaign with the agressive AI i had the same amount of land but was scratching tooth and nail to maintain garrisons. I couldn't even think of sending a stack to brazil. I think if I was the HRE I would have been attacked a lot more and with more ferocity. Ireland is in a strategically good place if England is kept occupied.

EDIT: I switched the AI and resumed my campaign here is the lastest screenshot: http://screenshot.xfire.com/screensh...26061e7617.png

for those that are seeing impaired like me here is a summation of the last three years since the aggressive ai. Teutonic came back from the dead and took Prague. Scotland invaded Norway and has Adjer and Oslo. France took metz and Zaragoza. Milan took Marseilles. The papacy took Naples and Antioch took Cairo as part of a crusade. I took exeter.
    Last edited by chris7ian; January 12, 2010 at 10:21 PM.

Well seems we have 56 people who have taken this submod so far anyword from more of you how your campaign is traveling have you been crushed by the villianous vladmir dracula yet

Erik af Pommern! What an awesome hero, also historically correct, atleast to my knowledge

Quick question, is there a way to make this mod work with the Dave's latest balancing changes? Spent possible playing time doing fresh install Try&Error attempts. Cheers.

Yeah i am working with daves changes i just want to make sure they float with my changes before i release them (eg i already did something to slow the mongols down a little with his changes and mine they now get hammered LOL) so ill need a little time to adjust to apply his work

Much appreciated, lol at mongols

I'm on turn 15 so far with Antioch and loving this mod! There are a just a few issues that I've got:

1. New units such as the Dismounted Knights of Edessa and Dismounted Hospitallers have the same problems I have with all the Welsh units: "No placement Text" instead of unit titles and descriptions. Is there somewhere in the data folder that I can go to to change this? I've already tried a full re-install and nothing's happened.

2. There's also a viewing problem when looking at the building browser scroll for my settlements: In the case of cities, I just shows the buildings constructable in a city without being able to look at the comparable castle list. For castles, I can't see the list at all.

Any suggestions? Much obliged!

Magefsx's Avatar Campidoctor

Could you say when the next version of this submod is going to come out, and whether it will be compatible with this version. im asking because i feel slightly hesitant in downloading this; Gotta be tried and tested (and poked to death). Apart from that, I'll hopefully be playing this within the next few weeks!

@lord giovani hmm that is strange all the texts are in for all units ?? i will have to take a look but that does seem strange i recall you having a problem with the welsh troops txts which are in the main game and in this submod if i can find a solution to your problem i will try my best I would first try if i was you to delete the export units.txt string bin file (do not delete the non string bin version ) so that your game can create one from the txt version of this file. If you open this file you can scroll through it to see the text for each unit and will see that all the units you mentioned are in the file so should work this file is located in the KGCM/data/text folder.

I would also ask is your game patched to version 1.5 as 1.4 still has many bugs that may be causing your missing txt perhaps
    2 strange the building browser ?? hmm nothing in this submod touches those files at all you say you have done a complete re install when you downloaded KGCM and this submod did you turn off antivirus programs as they are very bad for corupting files .(always turn these programs back on after download.

3 More of a question here what other submods do you use and or what modifications have you made to the game files if any.

@magesfx

The next version will inded be compatable with this (it was a huge download i know) as all further expansions will be small files merely added to what as already been downloaded for this submod as for poked to death LOL well i did test it for 2 months before putting it up for the public and i never had any problems but everyone has different operating systems etc many things can cause strange things but if any arise i will certainly offer all the support i can .
    Last edited by Soul Firez; January 14, 2010 at 12:25 AM.

Would love to hear more from users of this mod...especially emergent heroes stories.

Does this overwright vanilla KGCM?

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Yes it does

Once again another GREAT WORK from Soul Firez. One hundered CHEERS from me

Recently, pretty much demoralized* by KGCM because my latest campaign involving Portugal are being totally crushed by Moors . Haha, i will definitely try this mod out but it is going to be very difficult (I hate to lose a lot of soldiers in the battlefield because it is not my style of combat, but KGCM battles really took huge toll out of me, ughh this is so hard to minimize casualty)

@Soul Firez,

I'm glad to see this submod finally released to the public

Thank you for a very nice addition to this mod community +rep

Dave

Is there any way you might upload all of you works seperately? I'm interested in trying the new XIA for 4.2 (even if its still a WIP/beta), the horde scripts and re-emergent factions, and the heroes and villains but not particularly interested in all the art work and other game changes, with all due respect. And I just wanted to varify that these work with 4.2 and the x-mas changes?

They are not currently compatable but i am doing a small update (that includes more visual changes ) daves christmas pack .

You want just parts of the submod i wont be making different versions of it i am sure your capable of putting it in a seperate folder and picking over it to include the things you want only . The Ai is hardly a beta its been in development for 4 months or more (longer but thats just the time spent tunning it to this submod thanks Miikll) it is a wip in that a work in progress as always looking for ways to make the AI better .

do you think it would be possible to develope a way to add one type of AI to some factions and others to another, eg england devensive(trying to keep the lands its got) and wales attaking (wants to expand)?