Page 9 of 98 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: [RELEASE] Battle for the Baltic 2.0 for SS6.4 (Hotfix updated 22nd December)

Geleco's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: [BETA] Battle for the Baltic 2.0 for SS6.1

Is RR compatible with BFTB2?

I noticed you all said it was not necessary for SSTC, but I still wonder if it will work w/ BFTB.
    Last edited by Geleco; January 16, 2010 at 10:19 AM.

Violator's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum482 View Post
    Is RR compatible with BFTB2?

I noticed you all said it was not necessary for SSTC, but I still wonder if it will work w/ BFTB.
    BFTB 2+ R.R. will be compatible in the next version of BFTB 2!!!

Geleco's Avatar Domesticus

I just loaded the game... RR doesn't cause a crash but is overwritten (I know this because I could upgrade the armourer all the way to the top of the tier). Will this next RR compatible version contain era-appropriate units?

Domesticus
    Artifex

Nice mod. Can I use this in my M2TW mod, Teuton: Total War?
    Credits will be given of course.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Caesar
    The shieldwall seems to be highly effective, used it with a Unit of Bonslator(50men) and Ledeung Conscripts(Full Strength), Danish King charged on three occasions, the end result was the King and his bodyguard of 44 men died. The Bonslator 30men and Conscripts lost 50men, these troops not upgraded by Blacksmith yet. If this is the case spearmen in shieldwall, will be highly effective against the HRE,Polish and Teutonic Heavy Cavarly units

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

mattgoby's Avatar Campidoctor

Brilliant mod although silver surfer generals appear randomly and some times captains are invisible apart from that there are only a couple of clipping issues with spears in the shield walls. Thanks for the mod is epic.

mattgoby's Avatar Campidoctor

Also the german diene bruder are all silver.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum482 View Post
    I just loaded the game... RR doesn't cause a crash but is overwritten (I know this because I could upgrade the armourer all the way to the top of the tier). Will this next RR compatible version contain era-appropriate units?
    Yes. Otherwise it's not RR

Quote Originally Posted by Navajo Joe View Post
    Caesar
    The shieldwall seems to be highly effective, used it with a Unit of Bonslator(50men) and Ledeung Conscripts(Full Strength), Danish King charged on three occasions, the end result was the King and his bodyguard of 44 men died. The Bonslator 30men and Conscripts lost 50men, these troops not upgraded by Blacksmith yet. If this is the case spearmen in shieldwall, will be highly effective against the HRE,Polish and Teutonic Heavy Cavarly units
    Wow I've never seen shield wall help that much. In testing I found that the Bondesoldater could stand up to early light cavalry but against Feudal Knights or above they got soundly defeated even when facing a direct charge. I didn't test with shield wall but now I'm going to have to

Quote Originally Posted by mattgoby View Post
    Brilliant mod although silver surfer generals appear randomly and some times captains are invisible apart from that there are only a couple of clipping issues with spears in the shield walls. Thanks for the mod is epic.
    The silver surfers will be fixed in the patch. The clipping issues in shield wall unfortunately can't be fixed without changing the animations.

Quote Originally Posted by mattgoby View Post
    Also the german diene bruder are all silver.
    Thanks I'll take a look at it

Quote Originally Posted by Da Goofy View Post
    Nice mod. Can I use this in my M2TW mod, Teuton: Total War?
    Credits will be given of course.
    Not at this stage.
    Last edited by Caesar Clivus; January 16, 2010 at 07:22 PM.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

CC is your mod incompatible with AI mods for 6.1, because of the Ireland to Sweden change?

Quote Originally Posted by Xx_Turk_xX View Post
    CC is your mod incompatible with AI mods for 6.1, because of the Ireland to Sweden change?
    I just replied in your other thread . Open descr_faction_standing.txt and replace all instances of ireland with Sweden and it should at least not crash anymore.

edit: just took a look at Savage's faction standing files. There are also settings for relationships between Ireland and other factions. You'll need to remove those as well. I think at some stage I'll release a faction standing file compatible with Savage AI.
    Last edited by Caesar Clivus; January 16, 2010 at 07:26 PM.

Move up and buff The almoga miltia and release weaker halberds as landsknechts ? can start without any armor that can be uppgraded perhaps ?

Quote Originally Posted by The-Monetary View Post
    Move up and buff The almoga miltia and release weaker halberds as landsknechts ? can start without any armor that can be uppgraded perhaps ?
    That's not something I really want to do.

Loyalist revolt "Cork" and marying princess says of irish blood. is this something you would want to fix?

i cant highlight my units in red and green the middle button is this on purpose ?
    Last edited by DeliCiousTZM; January 17, 2010 at 09:17 AM.

Seems all very nice!
    Tho, I am only going to play it when there is a full release.
    By then most of the bugs will be gone and I'll be able to enjoy this submod.
    Anyhow, like many people said before, very good job!
    Sig made by me, content from Broken Crescent.

Caesar,
    Skara in Sweden is able to build ballista and catapults from the start, but does not have a Ballista Maker or Catapult Maker. Although they do have an IKEA!!!!!

EarendilElenthol's Avatar Artifex

It's just like the Gripen in the IKEA package in the Czech art gift to the european union, entropa -> you import some heavy war weapons and put them together even if you dont have a factory

Quote Originally Posted by The-Monetary View Post
    Loyalist revolt "Cork" and marying princess says of irish blood. is this something you would want to fix?
    The irish blood thing is already fixed. Do you mean that Cork revolted? I assume to sweden?

i cant highlight my units in red and green the middle button is this on purpose ?
    Do you mean during battles to highlight enemy and friendly troops? It's not on purpose. I'll take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Navajo Joe View Post
    Caesar,
    Skara in Sweden is able to build ballista and catapults from the start, but does not have a Ballista Maker or Catapult Maker. Although they do have an IKEA!!!!!
    Skara was accidentally given the city version of the catapult maker. Fixed for the patch

Quote Originally Posted by EarendilElenthol View Post
    It's just like the Gripen in the IKEA package in the Czech art gift to the european union, entropa -> you import some heavy war weapons and put them together even if you dont have a factory
    LMAO! Flat-pack siege engines!

"The Swedish army lined up around the thick walls of the city, ready to lay siege. Outnumbering the defenders two to one, combined with the Swedes' deadly trebuchets, it was bound to be a quick siege. It was at this point that the Swedish general realised that he'd forgotten his allan key...."

If I could ask a favour of people who are using BftB2, can you start a new Baltic campaign as any faction other than Sweden and just hit end turn until you get to turn 6 or 7. Can you let me know if the Swedish king dies or not. Thanks

Guys,

I am playing as Sweden on H/VH with this wonderful sub mod. I am at turn 40, to date Denmark as attacked me, who I am slugging it out with. I also have an alliance with HRE, which they were happy to accept, but very very reluctant to give any Miltiary Access or Map Info, they want serious dosh, which I don't have. HRE have attacked Denmark, shortly afterwards Norway joined the battle, so poor old Denmark is getting a hiding.
    Other than that all else is quiet on the eastern front, just wondered what anybody else is experiencing, I guess particularly with Norway, HRE or even Denmark.

Firebat11's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    If I could ask a favour of people who are using BftB2, can you start a new Baltic campaign as any faction other than Sweden and just hit end turn until you get to turn 6 or 7. Can you let me know if the Swedish king dies or not. Thanks

I think that happened to me. But I'm on like turn 50 by now. Hard to remember.
    Co-Creator of Battle for the Baltic Mod for SS 6.1