Page 4 of 98 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: [RELEASE] Battle for the Baltic 2.0 for SS6.4 (Hotfix updated 22nd December)

Lukianos's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: [BETA] Battle for the Baltic 2.0 for SS6.1

Quote Originally Posted by retep219 View Post
    My guess is that Khylnov revolted to you and was promptly besieged by its former garrison.

(Or perhaps it is a bug and my explanation is unique to EB, lol. But settlements can revolt to real factions in M2TW, right? I forget now.)
    Could be, but when I was in control of it (I did an auto_win to check wtf happened) the population was at like 20% order and 0% Orthodox... I can't see why they would revolt to me!

Hi all,

I've this CTD when I try to start any Campaign with any faction:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    17:13:30.167 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    17:13:30.178 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug 3 2007 version bld-medieval2-kingdoms-104 (45562) ===
    17:13:30.183 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    17:13:30.183 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    17:13:30.186 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    17:13:30.187 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    17:13:30.189 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    17:13:30.189 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    17:15:21.446 [data.invalid] [error] Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set.

Is not posible the insufficient video memory (PC with a very good 3D card), because I've tried to start with the mininum graphical options and still don't work, also I'm able to play custom battles with any faction at maximum graphical options.

P.D.: Congratuations for the cool Sweddish units.
    Last edited by Benyi; January 09, 2010 at 01:00 PM.

Violator's Avatar Centenarius

Hello!!!is this compatible with "Y2DAY'S GRAPHICAL IMPROVEMENT MOD" (eye candy for S.S.) ??Thanks in advance!!
    Last edited by Violator; January 09, 2010 at 04:04 PM.

Radiso-FIN's Avatar Campidoctor

Some thoughts about this wonderful submod:
    I started playing as Teutonic Order in Baltic map and played couple of turns (difficulty Hard/Very Hard). First thing I noticed was the incredible size of the campaign map. I really like it, because it adds much more depth to gameplay.
    After first turn, many of my small village regions turned rebel. I managed to capture some regions from Lithuania, but I fear they are now gaining the upper hand...
    The economy is my biggest issue, now it is about -12000 I can't afford to build anything nor retrain my troops.
    So I didn't realize how hard TO will be! Really gives you a real challenge!

Aragorn1963's Avatar Biarchus

Well, I really do have a problem. With every battle that is being generated I get a CTD. Haven't got a clue what is wrong.

SoulBlade's Avatar Vicarius

Reduce the taxes of those villages you start with, and after a few turns put a cheap unit as garrison and set taxes to high or so.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Aragorn 1963,

Please describe the order that you installed this sub mod?
    Do you begin with a clean version of 6.1?

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sorrow View Post
    Concerning Streltsy: CC I just wanted to ask- what building do I need to recruit Streltsy? I have Novgorod in my campaign upgraded on max (highest "militia" building) and all I see are arquebusiers...are Streltsy scripted on certain year of appearance or did I do something wrong?
    They will appear around 1500AD.

Benyi: Sounds like the mod isn't installed properly. Did you install over a fresh copy of SS6.1? (And even though the error mentions not enough memory, it actually has nothing to do with memory)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikiforos Fokas View Post
    Hello!!!is this compatible with "Y2DAY'S GRAPHICAL IMPROVEMENT MOD" (eye candy for S.S.) ??Thanks in advance!!
    It should be compatible, but you wont get any flash new symbols for Sweden so the existing ones may look a bit out of place.

Thanks for the feedback Radiso-FIN. I may give the TO a tiny boost in the next patch if they turn out to be too difficult.

Oh and dont forget to recruit priests! The areas the TO start with are only nominally catholic or still pagan. You're going to need to convert them ASAP to keep things under control. Historically those areas should rebel against the TO, as the Prussians often had insurrections against the Order.
    Last edited by Caesar Clivus; January 09, 2010 at 06:02 PM.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    Benyi: Sounds like the mod isn't installed properly. Did you install over a fresh copy of SS6.1? (And even though the error mentions not enough memory, it actually has nothing to do with memory)
    I think I did. But I'll do it again tomorrow, step by step, for test.

EarendilElenthol's Avatar Artifex

Hmmm CC, with regard to streltsy, I found evidence of like units in russia in the 15th century, but not yet called streltsy, and without an arquebuse (which is a pretty late weapon (16th) AFAIK). It's true that the name was given by Ivan IV in around 1550, but thats only for moscow. I'd say that a "late gunman" not being arquebusier could be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by EarendilElenthol View Post
    Hmmm CC, with regard to streltsy, I found evidence of like units in russia in the 15th century, but not yet called streltsy, and without an arquebuse (which is a pretty late weapon (16th) AFAIK). It's true that the name was given by Ivan IV in around 1550, but thats only for moscow. I'd say that a "late gunman" not being arquebusier could be useful.
    I found smthng in russian wiki (googletranslated).
    Quote Originally Posted by Skooma Addict View Post
    After reading wikipedia for about ten minutes, I hearby declare myself an expert on medieval history.

Lukianos's Avatar Tiro

Hey CC, I had that issue with random settlement handovers with Novgorod 3 times (3 separate games). The first was the settlement of Khlynov, then Ryzan and the Caffa. The Cuman Khanate declares war (without a diplomat or any sort of contact) and next thing you know during their turn I get the "We are under siege!" at a town I didn't own!

Strange bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukianos View Post
    Hey CC, I had that issue with random settlement handovers with Novgorod 3 times (3 separate games). The first was the settlement of Khlynov, then Ryzan and the Caffa. The Cuman Khanate declares war (without a diplomat or any sort of contact) and next thing you know during their turn I get the "We are under siege!" at a town I didn't own!

Strange bug?
    There were a few bugs like that in 6.1 so I dont think it's specific to BftB. But I'll take a look and fix them up nevertheless

Quote Originally Posted by Navajo Joe View Post
    Aragorn 1963,

Please describe the order that you installed this sub mod?
    Do you begin with a clean version of 6.1?
    Navajo Joe. Yes, I did. And after that I did install SSTC 1.0, patch to 1.2 and the Hotfix. Perhaps I did something wrong with unticking/ticking with install options?

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Aragorn 1963,

When I installed this sub mod, I removed SS completely, installed 6.0 pt1 x 2, 6.0 pt x 2, 6.1 patch x2(No ticks in checkboxes), SSTC 1.0(RAJ not ticked) X2, SSTC 1.2(RAJ not ticked)x2, Hotfix(RAJ Ticked) x2 and finally BftB X2.

Am I correct in thinking you were using 6.2 previously and you installed over the top? I would remove SS, defrag, clean and registry and then above, takes about an hour.

R U using XP?

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Quote Originally Posted by Navajo Joe View Post
    Aragorn 1963,

When I installed this sub mod, I removed SS completely, installed 6.0 pt1 x 2, 6.0 pt x 2, 6.1 patch x2(No ticks in checkboxes), SSTC 1.0(RAJ not ticked) X2, SSTC 1.2(RAJ not ticked)x2, Hotfix(RAJ Ticked) x2 and finally BftB X2.

Am I correct in thinking you were using 6.2 previously and you installed over the top? I would remove SS, defrag, clean and registry and then above, takes about an hour.

R U using XP?
    Navajo Joe, thank you for your willingness to help. I used a clean install, without 6.2, but I think I made a mistake with those checkboxes you mention. I will install over a clean install again. This time exactly according to your instructions. And yes, I am using XP 64.

No, it doesn't work. Still can't generate battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn1963 View Post
    No, it doesn't work. Still can't generate battles.
    Any battles? Custom and campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    Any battles? Custom and campaign?
    Yes, both, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn1963 View Post
    Yes, both, I'm afraid.
    Does clean SS 6.1 (without any submods) work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Skooma Addict View Post
    After reading wikipedia for about ten minutes, I hearby declare myself an expert on medieval history.