Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: [RELEASE] Battle for the Baltic 2.0 for SS6.4 (Hotfix updated 22nd December)

Titus001's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: [BETA] Battle for the Baltic 2.0 for SS6.1

Is this compatible with CBUR?

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Caesar Clivus,

I have started a BftB Campaign with Sweden. I have played 5 turns to date, a couple of observations:
    1. After clicking to have battle, the next screen deployed, which shows battle odds, if your fighting rebel general, there is no picture, but a pink box!
    2. Swedish General does not give pre-battle speech, but talks alright in battle.

I really love this sub mod, well done mate, superb

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Violator's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Titus001 View Post
    No it is not!!! because C.B.U.R. is not compatible with S.S.T.C.!!! CAESAR i take it the updates and bug fixes will come in a form of a "hotfix" which will be installed over the beta right?? and though it is difficult to say at this point will the required changes be save game compatible?? once more excellent work!!
    Last edited by Violator; January 09, 2010 at 05:50 AM.

Excellent any rough estimates when it will be compatible with SS 6.2 RC/RR

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sorrow View Post
    CC... about settlement upgrades...are they really "bug" because I remember that you have mentioned that some settlements cannot be upgraded at all (sorry if Iam mistaken).
    It's a bug if it's happening outside of the new BftB campaign . The settlement upgrade restrictions only apply to the new campaign. In the regular SS campaigns they should all grow as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Navajo Joe View Post
    Caesar Clivus,

I have started a BftB Campaign with Sweden. I have played 5 turns to date, a couple of observations:
    1. After clicking to have battle, the next screen deployed, which shows battle odds, if your fighting rebel general, there is no picture, but a pink box!
    2. Swedish General does not give pre-battle speech, but talks alright in battle.
    Thanks mate I'll add it them to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus001 View Post
    No it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikiforos Fokas View Post
    CAESAR i take it the updates and bug fixes will come in a form of a "hotfix" which will be installed over the beta right?? and though it is difficult to say at this point will the required changes be save game compatible?? once more excellent work!!
    Yeah it is a bit difficult to say. At this stage nothing has been reported to me that would break current campaigns. Some things you might not get the full benefit of the patch but would still be able to play on. I will most likely release a hotfix, make sure that runs fine and then recompile the main .exe to include the patch for the full release.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonM View Post
    Excellent any rough estimates when it will be compatible with SS 6.2 RC/RR
    No estimates rough or otherwise. I want to get the full release of the base version out first before working on any other version. And given the complexity of RR/RC, I can only imagine it's going to take a while to do. One look at the EDB for RR/RC is enough to send most modders totally stark raving mad

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Aragorn1963's Avatar Biarchus

Important: Before you play the Early Era or Late Era SS campaigns, please delete map.rwm from Stainless_Steel_6\data\world\maps\base (for early era) and Stainless_Steel_6\data\world\maps\campaign\custom\Late_Era_Campaign (for late era).

I found the first map, but not the one for Late Era. Are you sure the path is correct?

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Aragorn1963,

It was most certainly there, when I deleted mine from the late campaign earlier, I have checked the above, confirm 100% correct

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    No estimates rough or otherwise. I want to get the full release of the base version out first before working on any other version. And given the complexity of RR/RC, I can only imagine it's going to take a while to do. One look at the EDB for RR/RC is enough to send most modders totally stark raving mad
    Oh dear god! I hope we'll see those new Teutonic units in next RC/RR.

Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn1963 View Post
    Important: Before you play the Early Era or Late Era SS campaigns, please delete map.rwm from Stainless_Steel_6\data\world\maps\base (for early era) and Stainless_Steel_6\data\world\maps\campaign\custom\Late_Era_Campaign (for late era).

I found the first map, but not the one for Late Era. Are you sure the path is correct?
    Game generates these files when you start new campaign.
    If you never start Late Era Campaign there won't be map.rwm
    Quote Originally Posted by Skooma Addict View Post
    After reading wikipedia for about ten minutes, I hearby declare myself an expert on medieval history.

Quote Originally Posted by Abyrvalg View Post
    Game generates these files when you start new campaign.
    If you never start Late Era Campaign there won't be map.rwm
    Ah, that explains it, I made a new (second) install, since I already upgraded to SS 6.2. Thank you both.

Are there supposed to be two Marienburgs? The capitol, and a village south of Dorpat are both named Marienburg.

Another observation; the total defence of a Teutonic Sergeant, compared to a Crusader Sergeant seems somewhat low. 8 vs. 16. What does these figures indicate exactly?

Ah, before I forget, I LOVE this map. And thank you very much for this superb mod.
    Last edited by Aragorn1963; January 09, 2010 at 07:32 AM.

Violator's Avatar Centenarius

Thanks for the quick reply Caesar!! one minor bug the unit info cards of Pogesanian Axemen, Samlander Swordsmen and Sudovian Cavalry have no pictures of their own they have the picture of a peasant instead!! By way the mod is better than i expected!! once again +rep!!

Are there supposed to be two Marienburgs? The capitol, and a village south of Dorpat are both named Marienburg.
    Yes there are supposed to be two

Another observation; the total defence of a Teutonic Sergeant, compared to a Crusader Sergeant seems somewhat low. 8 vs. 16. What does these figures indicate exactly?
    Crusader Sergeants have a shield. Teutonic Sergeants wield halberds so they have no shield. Hence, the lower defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikiforos Fokas View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply Caesar!! one minor bug the unit info cards of Pogesanian Axemen, Samlander Swordsmen and Sudovian Cavalry have no pictures of their own they have the picture of a peasant instead!! By way the mod is better than i expected!! once again +rep!!
    Doh! I'll add them to the list. Thanks mate

Lukianos's Avatar Tiro

I just want to suggest that anyone trying BftB 2.0 should do a clean install of M2TW, or at least SS 6.1. I think some of the errors are completely subjective - for example the Pogesanian Axemen, Samlander Swordsmen and Sudovian Cavalry all have their unit cards in my install.

Just a suggestion before we send Caesar on any goose chases!

I think Nikiforos is talking about the unit info card pics (the big pic you get when you bring up the long description for the unit)...which I checked and no they weren't included

Lukianos's Avatar Tiro

Apologies Nikiforos!

I've started a campaign for the Teutonic Order. After some turns and while besieging a town, the enemy decided to fight it out in the open. While generating the battle I did get a CTD. Anyone else experienced this?

Lukianos's Avatar Tiro

I've started a campaign for the Teutonic Order. After some turns and while besieging a town, the enemy decided to fight it out in the open. While generating the battle I did get a CTD. Anyone else experienced this?
    I got that trying a custom battle once, but not during the campaign. Maybe random cause?

Perhaps. But I've reloaded the autosave three times, and it happened every time. Don't know what that means though.

Lukianos's Avatar Tiro

I've got a good one. The Cuman Khanate declared war on me. All of a sudden I was in possession of the town of Khlynov, and it was under siege. Anyone else have a situation like this?

Mr. Sorrow's Avatar Ordinarius

Concerning Streltsy: CC I just wanted to ask- what building do I need to recruit Streltsy? I have Novgorod in my campaign upgraded on max (highest "militia" building) and all I see are arquebusiers...are Streltsy scripted on certain year of appearance or did I do something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukianos View Post
    I've got a good one. The Cuman Khanate declared war on me. All of a sudden I was in possession of the town of Khlynov, and it was under siege. Anyone else have a situation like this?
    My guess is that Khylnov revolted to you and was promptly besieged by its former garrison.

(Or perhaps it is a bug and my explanation is unique to EB, lol. But settlements can revolt to real factions in M2TW, right? I forget now.)