Thread: Help Windows 7

Default Help Windows 7

I tried installing the game but it keeps coming up with a error that says directx9 not installed. I tried Installing directx9 and then re-installing the game but it won't work. I see that some people have [psted that they have been able to install and play rome on windows 7, but it's not working for me.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Help Windows 7

In the Rome icon, have you made the game XP-SP3 compatible? Have you set it use as adiministrator?

Yes I also tried to put the compatability on windows xp-3, xp-2, 2000, and 98. None worked I think I might know what the problem is though. I think the graphics card for the tower cannot handle the windows 7 graphics or so, I am not that knowledgeable with computers, haha. Anyways the tower has a Nvidia Geforce4 mx drivers, I think I might have to upgrade it. If that doesn't work though then I am completely stumped on what the problem is. Does anyone know any good economic graphics cards to update too?

Go to www.nvidia.com, click download drivers, and in the next screen is an option for them to scan your card and suggest drivers for it.

I did that, but the results won't show after a minute or so, does it take longer?

How slow is your connection?

I have dsl and it can take that long if the servers are busy.

I have comcast and runs at normal speed I think the drivers really need to get upgraded, just I don't know what to upgrade it too.

Try the drivers listed on the drivers page. The file covers many of their cards and chipsets.

Ok thanks a lot. Hopefully I get this game working soon.